The 'Type x in endgame or allies' system

Maxitrac

This is a fairly minor problem, but I just thought that i should clarify for all the conquest guilds and groups our there that try to use this system.

So the idea of putting an 'x' in what ever channel you use is to show for the group what toon you're on so they don't have to go looking with /who.

The thing that frustrates me the most about conquesters and wb groups misinterpreting this system is when I'm in voice with my team and i say what toon im on so they know who to invite, i then post an 'x' in endgame, i think get invited to a random conquest group since they were using a message like 'lfm for xyz, post x for invite'. This is not what the system is for. So please, either stop using it or just don't invite anyone who types an x.

Sorry for the rant but just felt like it needed to be said.

This is a fairly minor problem, but I just thought that i should clarify for all the conquest guilds and groups our there that try to use this system.

So the idea of putting an 'x' in what ever channel you use is to show for the group what toon you're on so they don't have to go looking with /who.

The thing that frustrates me the most about conquesters and wb groups misinterpreting this system is when I'm in voice with my team and i say what toon im on so they know who to invite, i then post an 'x' in endgame, i think get invited to a random conquest group since they were using a message like 'lfm for xyz, post x for invite'. This is not what the system is for. So please, either stop using it or just don't invite anyone who types an x.

Sorry for the rant but just felt like it needed to be said.

so you own the copyrights on the letter x? just x or is X included too?

Well, 'x' is a fairly common method of saying "invite me to the group." Problem is in channels with several things going on at once, it's easy to invite the wrong person. I guess you could make a thread ranting about other people using 'x,' which it looks like you feel you have some proprietary claim to, or you could 'x up' with the name of a person you know will be doing the inviting for your activity. I know which I'd prefer to do, but for the most part I lurk rather than post.

so you own the copyrights on the letter x? just x or is X included too?

That's not the point of this post, the point is to convince people that when they're looking for people in chat to not post a message like 'LFM DF HM - Post x with role to join' and to instead type something like 'LFM DF HM - PM for invite' To avoid the confusion and frustration being invited to the wrong group causes.

So conquest farmers use the "endgame" channel to build PUGs, and you're mainly annoyed at them using the genchat conventions?

When the conquistadores fled fleet chat because the majority there was playing the jawa game, maybe the raiders should also move to another chat channel to avoid dealing with the chat culture of the new majority? No point in yelling at the loud kids on the lawn, they'll just laugh at you.

Edited by Mubrak

So conquest farmers use the "endgame" channel to build PUGs, and you're mainly annoyed at them using the genchat conventions?

When the conquistadores fled fleet chat because the majority there was playing the jawa game, maybe the raiders should also move to another chat channel to avoid dealing with the chat culture of the new majority? No point in yelling at the loud kids on the lawn, they'll just laugh at you.

You completely missed the point.... I’m not saying that all the rpers should f*ck off, I’m simply saying that they should use the system that they copied from the raiding community the way it was intended instead of using it the way they are.

having to /who. it's the whole point the nim raiders came up with the system.

, so what's stopping those people who are forming the OPs group, even if you're forming in Discord or whatever, from doing as you want others to do and say "PM for invite"? Obviously they're in the channel because you're X'ing for invites, and it saves you from that oh so onerous /who, so they just need to ask for PM's. Problem solved. Oh, and, because you're all in voice they can easily confirm that the PM they just got is from someone in voice. Like, you could even say, PM incoming from SuperAwesomeRaiderJoe, so they know to accept it. It's almost like you want everyone else to change so you don't have to adapt.

You completely missed the point.... I’m not saying that all the rpers should f*ck off, I’m simply saying that they should use the system that they copied from the raiding community the way it was intended instead of using it the way they are.

The random X in endgame is a raider thing, that mainly worked because the majority of players doesn't know that you can use custom chat channels. When others discover "endgame" for their own purpose, they bring their own system with them. In gen chat, folks see "x" as someone signing up for a pug, Angry forum posts won't change that.

Convincing the handful of progress raiders to move to another channel or switch to another system to get in touch, would be easier than trying to force masses of conquest farmers to adapt to their new channel's established rules.

That's not the point of this post, the point is to convince people that when they're looking for people in chat to not post a message like 'LFM DF HM - Post x with role to join' and to instead type something like 'LFM DF HM - PM for invite' To avoid the confusion and frustration being invited to the wrong group causes.

No matter where it started, currently it's normal when forming pug groups to use 'x up for whatever'.

I usually whisper to join pug groups, or type 'x for whatever', but that's me.

You're asking a large group of payers to change what's been working for them for years to accomodate your much smaller subset of players. It's just not going to happen.

The random X in endgame is a raider thing, that mainly worked because the majority of players doesn't know that you can use custom chat channels. When others discover "endgame" for their own purpose, they bring their own system with them. In gen chat, folks see "x" as someone signing up for a pug, Angry forum posts won't change that.

Convincing the handful of progress raiders to move to another channel or switch to another system to get in touch, would be easier than trying to force masses of conquest farmers to adapt to their new channel's established rules.

I find this thread funny because I have been using the x method since before SWToR was released. We used to use it in Open and Guild chat's in WoW. For him to say that it was originated by NiM Raiders here is naïve at best.

Edited by Sareeph

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.