How many of us would happily pay subs for them to only bug fix for a period?

AllisonLightning

To avoid repeating what others have said, I'll just point out some logistical problems.

One of the challenges is that if you have a major bug focus, you need a good regression test suite. They don't have that. They also don't use an orchestrator-type tool for their testing.

There's also an issue that the code is tightly coupled. So fixing bugs in one area can cause lots of unrelated bugs to pop up in other areas. Which goes back to needing that good regression test suite as well as a good impact map that provides an understanding of the basis paths through the code base. So while fixing their current backlog of issues, it's quite likely they would continually introduce as many bugs as they fix in each sprint.

This isn't me saying they shouldn't fix bugs. But their backlog is huge. And they don't have good enough in-house testing nor tooling to necessarily make a bug hunt-and-fix as viable as it should be.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fear is that Bioware will notice that they are making money off of people using the appearance designer to work around the invisible head bug and will let more, similar bugs "slip" into the game. I mean, why wouldn't they? Break something and get paid to not fix it!

I would unsubscribe if anything remotely similar to a "bug fix only" development schedule occurred. I will only pay for new content.

Ah the idealist, I would love for there to be new content every month, but lets be real, the game is falling apart at this point. The star Fortress is quite literally the worst piece of content at this point, companions disappearing every floor transition, and no loot drops making the exarch armor forever incompletable. Is it so crazy to have a section of time for the devs to focus purely on ironing out the bugs. This past year was literally them reworking the game to get a ground set for future content, pvp guilds command rank, so having 2-4 months where they focus purely on bugs while they have some form of event that pushes for old content consumption... *cough* dark vs light *cough*... is not a bad idea before the 6.0 expansion that 5.10 was an obvious prelude to. :jawa_smile:

Ah the idealist, I would love for there to be new content every month, but lets be real, the game is falling apart at this point. The star Fortress is quite literally the worst piece of content at this point, companions disappearing every floor transition, and no loot drops making the exarch armor forever incompletable. Is it so crazy to have a section of time for the devs to focus purely on ironing out the bugs. This past year was literally them reworking the game to get a ground set for future content, pvp guilds command rank, so having 2-4 months where they focus purely on bugs while they have some form of event that pushes for old content consumption... *cough* dark vs light *cough*... is not a bad idea before the 6.0 expansion that 5.10 was an obvious prelude to. :jawa_smile:

AFAIK, you get one piece of armor per class from the exarch. It's not a loot drop, it's the reward. You can get other loot drops from the various captains - the bracers, I think - but it's rare. Yes, the captains disappear at the beginning of every floor. So pay attention and resummon them before you hit a mob. That happened to me once and it sucked [though I still survived] so after that I always remembered to summon. It's hardly 'the worst piece of content at this point', let alone a high priority for bug fixes.

AFAIK, you get one piece of armor per class from the exarch. It's not a loot drop, it's the reward. You can get other loot drops from the various captains - the bracers, I think - but it's rare.

The loot drops for HM Star fortresses have been bugged since the level cap was raised for 5.0. The bracers aren't a rare drop, they don't drop, so the reward sets you get the first time you do the SF can't be completed. Plus the SF decorations stopped dropping at the same time, at least with those you can run story mode and still get them. So because of the totally ignored HM loot bug, running story mode is far more rewarding than HM. :rolleyes:

PS The piece of Exarch gear you get is from the quest giver, not from the exarch.

Edited by Damask_Rose

The bracers aren't a rare drop, they don't drop, so the reward sets you get the first time you do the SF can't be completed.

PS The piece of Exarch gear you get is from the quest giver, not from the exarch.

Ya I was specifically referencing the bracers, the other pieces are from first-time completion quests for each planet, so I have done all the heroic modes... on every planet... over 4 different toons... and all for 2 small cxp containers each run... I think it is safe to say they have ruined star fortress. :(