Sith Harrowers....

GunsBlazing

These guys...are tough... I'm only able to kill them when i got Call on the Force... i use the medpacs but i'm only able to get them to 5%...

Kira is equipped as hell

I'm full orange gear from commendations and quests...

They got nothing to interrupt...

I pull with saber ward on and etc... I know my rotation... and I'm watchman... but still any tips also i'm lvl 32.

These guys...are tough... I'm only able to kill them when i got Call on the Force... i use the medpacs but i'm only able to get them to 5%...

Kira is equipped as hell

I'm full orange gear from commendations and quests...

They got nothing to interrupt...

I pull with saber ward on and etc... I know my rotation... and I'm watchman... but still any tips also i'm lvl 32.

I had quite a bit of trouble with the first one at level 34 but the second and third were easier. Died once on the first guy then ripped through them. Make sure to use pacify, master strike and overload sabers. Dont allow those to sit idle.

I had quite a bit of trouble with the first one at level 34 but the second and third were easier. Died once on the first guy then ripped through them. Make sure to use pacify, master strike and overload sabers. Dont allow those to sit idle.

Aye sir, i don't have pacify guess i need to go train.. just dinged 32 at the entrance

T7 > Kira. I took down the Harrowers easily with T7 still alive. It's a great tank.

Only use Kira for PVP.

Checking the disagree box on this one. I beat the harrowers at lvl 32 w/ Kira and she survived every fight. Make sure she's in her armor penetration stance and tank for as long as you can before force camoflauging onto her. She's not as glass cannony as people think and you'll have more than enough time to finish jerkface off.

Kira is amazing for PVE, she's just a different playstyle. Basically you're on rushdown duty with her out, smashing damage as fast as possible.

Whenever I switch her out for Doc (my other favourite) it takes me a while to adjust to how much more slowly things die. Kira is a dps beast.

Checking the disagree box on this one. I beat the harrowers at lvl 32 w/ Kira and she survived every fight. Make sure she's in her armor penetration stance and tank for as long as you can before force camoflauging onto her. She's not as glass cannony as people think and you'll have more than enough time to finish jerkface off.

Kira is amazing for PVE, she's just a different playstyle. Basically you're on rushdown duty with her out, smashing damage as fast as possible.

Whenever I switch her out for Doc (my other favourite) it takes me a while to adjust to how much more slowly things die. Kira is a dps beast.

This basically sums it up for me as well. Frankly, I haven't used or needed to use T7 since I got Kira. She's almost always more than capable helping me with tough foes. At this point in my low 40s I do roll with Doc and Kira will equal frequency. They're both very solid companions. T7 runs chores :)

The Harrowers are brutal, but they can be beat with Kira at your side.

Edited by photoheathen

T7 > Kira. I took down the Harrowers easily with T7 still alive. It's a great tank.

Only use Kira for PVP.

I asked on my guild if I was in the minority of Sentinels preferring T7 to Kira. They told me yep, I was the 1% lol. I prefer T7 so much, so there are at least two of us. :D

I don't doubt for a second that Kira makes a capable partner. But I do think that by using her you're making the levelling process and elite fights harder then they need to be.

Look at it this way - Guardians and Sentinels get the same 2 companions.

Kira = Tank Guardian companion. She DPS's while the Guardian tanks.

T7 = DPS Guardian / Sentinel companion. He tanks while the player DPS's.

It seems so obvious. I get why people want to play Kira - she's pretty, her double-bladed light saber is cool, and she has a neat story. But I really think you're missing the point of these companions.

That doesn't mean though that you're doing it wrong. If you kill stuff with Kira by your side and have fun doing it then by all means, keep it up!

Edited by Brightblack

I'm a DPS Guardian and I did the Harrowers yesterday with little problem. I started first with Kira and she folded like a lawn chair. I then pulled out T7 and had no problems with all three. He is pretty hard to keep geared though, there isn't a lot of droid stuff on the GTN.

I have been using T7 almost exclusively since, but today I got Doc, and being a DPS Guardian, I can DPS mobs down pretty fast and he keeps me alive. Doc FTW.

I asked on my guild if I was in the minority of Sentinels preferring T7 to Kira. They told me yep, I was the 1% lol. I prefer T7 so much, so there are at least two of us. :D

See I'm going to join you there lol, I recall reading a thread where someone talks about how underestimated T7 is, I was level 36 when I fought the horrowers and with my 7.3k hp T7 and his handy dandy pistol I bought, sure he died but I would finish the horrower off in 1 blow due to the low health it would have by the time it faced me. I am combat spec so T7 is mah best pal ever lol, I have kira fully geared, but there's so much customizing to do with her while as the droid, its sinple and clean. The horrowers weren't so tough thanks to his constant beep boop beep and pew pews, they get annoying fast but worth it when they can last a gold like them lol.

Edited by Roflocopter

Alright, everyone having a problem with the Harrowers, I did the following as a lvl 34 Sentinel with Kira.

1. Ensure you at LEAST have Rebuke off CD. Saber Ward, of course, is also useful.

2. Pop Rebuke as you Force Leap onto the Harrower. Pop Saber Ward as well if it's off CD.

3. Immediately pop Pacify once you are in melee range.

4. Begin your rotation for damage.

5. The second you get blown away and knocked down, pop Force Camouflage.

6. Let Kira take the aggro while you get up and begin your rotation again.

This worked for me. Prior to this I tried 3 times just popping Rebuke and Saber Ward, even Transcendence one time. The Force Camo to take the aggro off you, and the Pacify debuff, is extremely important for winning these fights. The first three times I'd get them down to 10% hp and die. With this I had at least 10-20% hp after each fight.

I take Kira into every fight send her in first while I stay back and use Force Stasis first then I jump in. While they focus on Kira we both lay down DPS by the time she folds they are down to 15% or so. Which I can then stay in the fight long enough to take them out. This is me being at level 32 as well. Against hard opponents Force Stasis and Pacify are your only friends.

When I first tried them I had to google them to make sure they were not bugged. They would get to 5% then go 100% and I was dead. After what felt like 10 more tried I got the pattern of how to use my abilities and was able to burn the next two down a lot easier.

These things really make learn how to use your class to survive, at least with Kira. Its a dps race to see who is standing at the end. I felt quite victorious when the first one went down... along with thinking I needed new underwear.

• 1 year later...
owned them all first try guardian 31 with 6k lifepoints and 340 damage: vigilance build. The key is to use stasis and let kira dps on it then. master strike as much as possible, enure when almost dead and saber ward. didn't even use a medpac or valor

owned them all first try guardian 31 with 6k lifepoints and 340 damage: vigilance build. The key is to use stasis and let kira dps on it then. master strike as much as possible, enure when almost dead and saber ward. didn't even use a medpac or valor

Nice necro...