Enter Bioware, the company that punishes you for purchasing their game!

Brene

Posts like this really show the attitude of todays gamers.

Spoilt brats

Grow up FFS

This post certainly does. Grow up and learn what customer service is. its not about the service you provide, but how the customer precieves the service you provided. If they feel you did bad, you did bad.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the post smart ***.

No, you are charge 5.00 for your early access, it's not free... and it's a standard rate.

Post invalid. I didn't have to pay the fee, I pre-ordered through Amazon... And your post on basic consumer blah blah blah, is crap also. This has nothing to do with economics, and everything to do with infrastructure stability. Sorry that you are butthurt, but get over it...

Friend, you need to relax, as you seem to think I'm trying to say Bioware is doing something wrong, or trying to troll alongside the OP.

I was under the impression our discussion (between you and I) was constructive as we were analyzing information we already have. Don't put me in the same boat as the OP please; it's insulting.

Fair enough. My apologies.

Typical "I want my candy right now!" mentality that is destroying society. BioWare is being extremely responsible with their launch and making sure everything works out smoothly. They have learned from others mistakes. They started access early, I think this is so that everyone can be in by the 15th.

This gets me fired up, I freaking hate whiny little kids (mental age, there are a lot of 30 year old kids out there).

Re-read the post. If you still need help, I'd be more than willing to tutor you by breaking it down line for line. (For a small surcharge of 4.99 + an actual fee of 54.99 [You probably still won't get this])

This post certainly does. Grow up and learn what customer service is. its not about the service you provide, but how the customer precieves the service you provided. If they feel you did bad, you did bad.

No what it shows is that you can't please everyone.

Every new expansion for WoW and games like Rift have a bunch of people crying during the first few days even when they open up all servers.

Gaming companies can never win with such a whiny crowd that will complain over EVERYTHING. They could have done NOTHING that would bring them no complaints.

Hey thanks for putting words in my mouth. Try actually reading my post, kid.

Seeing as you pay 5.00 for EAG time, there is no reason to pre-order at this point and pick the game up 5.00 cheaper off Origin on the 20th.

Right here, "kid". You clearly are under the impressions that you payed for EAG time and you seem to be frustrated that you don't get the same time as others.

Also, you won't get the game 5$ cheaper for your information, so there goes that idea.

Re-read the post. If you still need help, I'd be more than willing to tutor you by breaking it down line for line. (For a small surcharge of 4.99 + an actual fee of 54.99 [You probably still won't get this])

They won't have to get it until you provide a proper source, which you won't be able to do.

You shouldn't have had to pay $5 if that is your major reasoning. Essentially early access is just a demo version. They do this with other games where you can play for a certain period of time and if you want to keep playing you have to buy the whole game. I personally ordered online and paid nothing for my preorder code. I could have canceled my order and reordered 100 times and the cost would be the same.

I won't pay a dime until the official launch date of December 20th and I'm sure many other people won't either. If you play the week of early access and then cancel your preorder you just got a week of free play time for no extra cash. I don't see why this upsets people.

THE LAUNCH DATE IS DEC. 20 ANYTHING ADDITIONAL YOU GET SHOULD BE CONSIDERED BIOWARE DOING YOU A FAVOR.

Honestly they could have launched on the 20th and let all 1 million+ people in at the exact same time, but that seems like a very poor choice.

JUST BY THE WAY, I thought I should add...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic admin@swtor.com via bioware-mailer.com

7:41 AM (One hour ago)

to me

So, getting into the EAG isn't really an issue for me, for those of you who really STILL think that's what this is about.

So you'd rather troll than play the game? How pathetic of a human being are you?

JUST BY THE WAY, I thought I should add...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic admin@swtor.com via bioware-mailer.com

7:41 AM (One hour ago)

to me

So, getting into the EAG isn't really an issue for me, for those of you who really STILL think that's what this is about.

Yay now you got the pass you will stop acting like a baby right?

inb4 cry and ib4l

Just putting this out there, Bioware is the first company in MMO history to do this staggered early access system (smart companies just let everyone in... RIFT did it just fine with around 750k preorders by simply adding servers... I played for nearly 15 hours straight that day [nerd squad])

So this also makes Bioware the first company to tell you to screw off and wait LONGER to play their game even though you paid the SAME amount of money (if not more) as other players whom get to play first because they happened to pay first.

Essentially what Bioware is saying is DON'T PREORDER OUR GAME AFTER AUGUST OR YOU'RE JUST PREORDERING IT SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY LATER AHURRHURRHURR. With NO confirmation of the lowest amount of EAG time possible (I'm going to assume it will be a minimum of 4 days for EVERYONE including those ordering in Dec) they leave open the possibility that you could preorder today and get less than 12 hours of EAG time. Seeing as you pay 5.00 for EAG time, there is no reason to pre-order at this point and pick the game up 5.00 cheaper off Origin on the 20th.

Tell me how this is not a brand of social elitism at it's finest?

Like I said, inb4 'cry more' 'troll' 'nerd'

I know I won't get in until the 15th + as I pre-ordered on the 19th of August, I'm not upset about that as I didn't plan on getting in until then anyway. If I get in later than that? I'll probably be upset.

HAHAH Rift did not do it fine. It was utter chaos on the first few days that I remember. :rolleyes:

Well, no. Some customers are never going to be happy no matter what you do. This doesn't mean that you "did bad" (though, it seems that would be an accurate judgement of the person that taught you grammar).

Further, if it's a case of multiple customers, you have to judge things based on the big picture of how it is for all your customers. Further, in a case like this you also have to weigh quality of service and infrastructure concerns. And so on.

What you're presenting reads like the entitled definition of what people seem to think customer service is supposed to be about which often leads to customer service people getting treated horribly.

Edited by Inarai

Seeing as you pay 5.00 for EAG time, there is no reason to pre-order at this point and pick the game up 5.00 cheaper off Origin on the 20th.

Right here, "kid". You clearly are under the impressions that you payed for EAG time and you seem to be frustrated that you don't get the same time as others.

Also, you won't get the game 5$ cheaper for your information, so there goes that idea.

Sure, someone will in a few days. That 5$ is an average surcharge. I'm sure your PolySci major is going to entitle you to argue this to the ground though.