Worst story companion in the game?

jediknightmiles

Lana is easily the worst companion for me. I hate when writers become so enamored of their own creations that they lose sight of the story. I knew I was going to hate her at the end of the Revan story line when my character said that I played a huge part in defeating Revan and Marr responded with "Yes, but it was Lana....". Oh joy, the writers have a pet.

Right now the one that gets me is at the beginning of Ossus.

Lana: You should be proud of what you built here, and the allies you've gained.

Reply choice 1 as written: It was a group effort.

What comes out of my mouth in a sappy tone: I couldn't have done it without you.

Excuse me? Group effort =/= me and Lana. What about Theron and Koth and Senya and T-7 and HK and all of the other important people that worked hard and risked their lives?

Lana: You give me too much credit.

No I didn't. The writers did. Clearly they only want to write dialogue for people who romanced her.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What comes out of my mouth in a sappy tone: I couldn't have done it without you.

Excuse me? Group effort =/= me and Lana. What about Theron and Koth and Senya and T-7 and HK and all of the other important people that worked hard and risked their lives?

No I didn't. The writers did. Clearly they only want to write dialogue for people who romanced her.

Exactly so. It would've been nice to have that with Theron. But the writers are in loooove. :rolleyes:

I first picked that option, as it looked like something my JK would say... And then i heard what she was actually saying and i escaped and picked the second choice...

Still mad that Theron was not a part of that first cutscene aswell when HE is my JK's lover, and she always sided with the Republic and when it'd make much for sense for HIM to contact the SIS than Lana :mad:

Edited by Goreshaga

She actually says something different and kind of teases you if you are romancing her and choose that dialogue.

But to be honest, the worst was always that ship droid. Period.
Really?

After going through the storylines once or twice to play with options, I almost always have the Shipdroid as a constant companion. He never seems to care about any of my choices so I can do whatever I want. Sending Companions on Crew Skill Missions and Gifting raises their attitude enough for me.

I use HK for much of the same reason, once I get a skin to change his looks.

To answer for real. Hmm.

There's all the "forgettable" characters for the reasons mentioned by others. But 'hate' is too strong a word because I just don't remember them enough to hate them. They have no impact on me. I personally like Kaliyo but I understand why so many do not.

Strongly dislike Koth, much for the reasons others have mentioned. He's awfully judgmental for someone who has been participating in a guerrilla campaign for five years. You mean to tell me there has never been a single collateral damage casualty the entire time?

This goes generally to the (very long time) theme entertainment has. That war can somehow be clean and heroes never kill. It was forced on the audience by moral crusaders in the 50s and 60s but the time has long passed. Sometimes people gotta die.

There's actually an Old Trek show which address this. "A Taste of Armageddon", written by Gene Coon. The Enterprise finds two warring worlds running their battles by computer simulations. Once the results are calculated, people just report to disintegration chambers for a humane and bloodless death. Typical Kirk fashion, we ignore the Prime Directive and blow up the computers. The leaders are horrified that they might have real war with death and pain and suffering so they work out a peace.

I know I side tracked, but the point is that War is terrible and awful and bad things happen. I hate characters that seem oblivious to this fact. And Koth really seems to be that guy who doesn't get it. Despite the hypocrisy of basically having been Kaliyo himself for all intents and purposes. Apparently causing destruction and killing police who are just doing their job is only okay if He does it, not if anyone else does.

Edited by StreetLethal
Spelling Errors

• 4 weeks later...

Skadge: Dude, you're not just an ugly creep, you're an ugly, brutish and rather stupid creep. Given my LS BH's druthers, she would have stripped him down to his underwear and a holdout pistol, then dumped him in some remote sector of Belsalvis.

Xalek: Get lost. I already have an apprentice. I don't need to recruit anyone crazier than I am, since i'm insane enough for a whole asylum AND have a bunch of ghosts following me.

Broonark: Again, bloodthirsty and crazy is not a combination I like hanging about my ship. I do the bloodthirsty and crazy around here.

DS!Jaesa: Oh, nope. Nope. Nope! That's what you call "succeeding a little too well." I was hoping for a proper apprentice, not this bunny boiling whackjob.

Doc: You are trying to be charming and fail at every step. Maybe you should be selling used speeders instead of practicing medicine. When you make Cedrax look like a class act, you failed "charming." I think a LOT of F!Knights were glad for the expansions because he stinks as far as romance option.

Replaying the BH story last week, i ended up laughing at Skadge actually. He's funny in his stupidity.

Like him coming at my BH telling her that he's happy he did not kill her yet, and approving when she replied that he was lucky he has not tried yet.

That was pretty funny that being rude to him was a way for him to actually like you :D