Is Tharan Cedrax bugged? Or just stupid?

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Playing my first female JC and for some reason in my current conversation with him he is behaving as if I had accepted his earlier advances and is now "breaking it off" with me because Holiday found out, says to me "I regret that our liason must come to an end". What liason!? My JC keeps to the code!

I turned him down when he asked for "private time" in the last conversation and I never once touched any flirt options with him, often responding harshly to him when he tried flirting. So what the heck? Now I can only respond to him as if I had accepted his advances with comments like "it was sweet while it lasted" even though we never did anything! Makes me want to ignore the rest of his conversations honestly

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. Meh. Code aside, it was clear to me that Holiday always was and always will be his true love.

Just pick something to get past that point, future conversations with him are more interesting (and never again reference the ‘full of himself fantasy relationship nonsense that never happened’). Pretend you caught him at the tail end of a daydream about you, that’s what I did. :D

Edited by VelvetSanity

Never played a female Consular so I can't really speak to how Tharan's "romance" goes, but I do know it's not a full romance (the romance doesn't go anywhere, you're not locked out from romancing Felix, and there is not break-up letter if you do romance someone) so you could headcanon that you're just humoring him. On the other hand, you could just ignore him.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. Meh. Code aside, it was clear to me that Holiday always was and always will be his true love.

Just pick something to get past that point, future conversations with him are more interesting (and never again reference the ‘full of himself fantasy relationship nonsense that never happened’). Pretend you caught him at the tail end of a daydream about you, that’s what I did. :D

Holiday may be his "true love" but that doesn't stop him from wanting (and trying) to sleep with pretty much any woman around. That said, in this case I'd say it's a bug.

It's possible it's a bug, but I've personally always interpreted it as Tharan being self-centred to the point utter obliviousness, so even though the consular brushed him off he classified it as her being interested but merely playing hard to get. :D

What really sucks is that there is no option to say "What the heck are you talking about". Then I'd be fine with it just being his own egotistical fantasy, but I can't stand how I need to act like I was actually interested in him in any way

Think I'm just gonna leave them now honestly. Heard all his stuff before on my male Consulars and honestly always found him quite boring. One of the very very few companions I have no interest in. Barely noticeable that he isn't back from KOTFE yet xD

Playing my first female JC and for some reason in my current conversation with him he is behaving as if I had accepted his earlier advances and is now "breaking it off" with me because Holiday found out, says to me "I regret that our liason must come to an end". What liason!? My JC keeps to the code!

I turned him down when he asked for "private time" in the last conversation and I never once touched any flirt options with him, often responding harshly to him when he tried flirting. So what the heck? Now I can only respond to him as if I had accepted his advances with comments like "it was sweet while it lasted" even though we never did anything! Makes me want to ignore the rest of his conversations honestly

The "Liaison" he is referring to is in his own mind... I play all female toons and he has always hit on my characters. I have even tolled him that Holiday would not approve and I always get that message from him once Holiday finally calls him on his infidelity. Like "Doc " for the Sentinel, he is narcissistic, self centered and self indulgent to the max, thinks he is the universes gift to women....

What really sucks is that there is no option to say "What the heck are you talking about". Then I'd be fine with it just being his own egotistical fantasy, but I can't stand how I need to act like I was actually interested in him in any way

I tend to interpret it as the consular letting him down gently by pretending to go along with the version of reality in his head, but yes, the option you describe would be nice. :)

The "Liaison" he is referring to is in his own mind... I play all female toons and he has always hit on my characters. I have even tolled him that Holiday would not approve and I always get that message from him once Holiday finally calls him on his infidelity. Like "Doc " for the Sentinel, he is narcissistic, self centered and self indulgent to the max, thinks he is the universes gift to women....

Again though, this seems like a bug based simply on the fact that you have no option to outright say I was never involved with you/what are you talking about/I coldly turned you down everytime you asked etc etc etc. With Doc you can repeatedly call out his fantasies for what they are if you are not pursuing a romance with him, I know that much from experience.

A lot of the class stories seem to have odd bugs like that or flags set incorrectly. On my first Sith Inquisitor, she never flirted once with Andronikos and yet she got a speech about being in a relationship from him. O_o On one of my Sith Warriors Baras showed up in Nathema even though she killed him.

I didn't run into that particular thing with Tharan on my female JC, but given how strange certain things are in the game, it's likely just weird bugged game being weird and bugged. Frustrating for sure, though, and doubly frustrating that if it's a bug it's been in the game unresolved for an awfully long time now.

I had the same issue. but with Felix Iresso. One wheel had all three options as [Flirt], and the entire conversation was him trying to woo me. I mean, it was obvious he just wanted to tag along because he thought my character was cute, but I never gave him my consent. I mean, really Bioware? Not long after (or was it before), Qyzen Fess represented to me a gift in tribute to my "bond" with Felix. I was left confused; I never even thought of attempting to romance Felix, like ***. It was obviously a bug, and it didn't seem to have any permanent impact on the story. Even after retrieving him on Odessan, he didn't even give a passing mention to any such romance, thankfully.

In a separate case, one of the last conversations on Rishi with Lana shared the same ordeal; all three options were [Flirt]. Even better, my warrior was also a female. Again, really Bioware? You give me a forced romance with Lana? (Although nothing ever came of it, thankfully.) Even one with the Emperor would have made more sense.

I had the same issue. but with Felix Iresso. One wheel had all three options as [Flirt], and the entire conversation was him trying to woo me. I mean, it was obvious he just wanted to tag along because he thought my character was cute, but I never gave him my consent. I mean, really Bioware? Not long after (or was it before), Qyzen Fess represented to me a gift in tribute to my "bond" with Felix. I was left confused; I never even thought of attempting to romance Felix, like ***. It was obviously a bug, and it didn't seem to have any permanent impact on the story. Even after retrieving him on Odessan, he didn't even give a passing mention to any such romance, thankfully.

In a separate case, one of the last conversations on Rishi with Lana shared the same ordeal; all three options were [Flirt]. Even better, my warrior was also a female. Again, really Bioware? You give me a forced romance with Lana? (Although nothing ever came of it, thankfully.) Even one with the Emperor would have made more sense.

Oh god... I might have to skip Felix when I get him as well if they try to force a romance there too, not interested in romances with this JC. She's the stick up the backside sort xD I might waver when it comes to Theron though

The Tharan comment is either a bug or an oversight that has always been there. My Consular also rejected his advances and then he said that he had to break it off.

Initially I thought that it always happens and you could just headcanon that the he was was either deluded or full of himself and that picking the "Holiday has spoken to you" option was just humoring him without actually suggesting that he was right.

However, I just saw a version of the Tharan conversations where

and thus never says that
. I don't understand what caused it.

Maybe the trigger to end his romance is that you have to be more rude to him in an earlier conversation. But that would mean that a non flirt dialogue is something that triggers the romance. And that even telling him no after a certain point causes him to act as if you'd had a sexual encounter.

I didn't have this problem with Felix, though.

In conversation three, you get two flirt options and picking the third option causes him to stop pursuing you.

And in Lana's case, I'm not sure how it is possible to have a forced romance with her. I thought the Rishi romance conversations with Lana and Theron were something you usually needed to go out of your way to pick to get the extra scenes.

Edited by OldVengeance

The Tharan comment is either a bug or an oversight that has always been there. My Consular also rejected his advances and then he said that he had to break it off.

Initially I thought that it always happens and you could just headcanon that the he was was either deluded or full of himself and that picking the "Holiday has spoken to you" option was just humoring him without actually suggesting that he was right.

However, I just saw a version of the Tharan conversations where

and thus never says that
. I don't understand what caused it.

Maybe the trigger to end his romance is that you have to be more rude to him in an earlier conversation. But that would mean that a non flirt dialogue is something that triggers the romance. And that even telling him no after a certain point causes him to act as if you'd had a sexual encounter.

I didn't have this problem with Felix, though.

In conversation three, you get two flirt options and picking the third option causes him to stop pursuing you.

And in Lana's case, I'm not sure how it is possible to have a forced romance with her. I thought the Rishi romance conversations with Lana and Theron were something you usually needed to go out of your way to pick to get the extra scenes.

Perhaps the game flagged me as in a romance with him because when he first called me "my Jedi" while talking just before asking for "private time" there were three options to reply, a flirt option, a positive comment about how he'd have figured his predicament out without you, or an option to tell him to cut the sweet talk and that you aren't "his" Jedi. I did watch all options, but picked the positive comment one in the end, perhaps thats why it flagged, because I didn't immediately rebuff him. But it made no difference to the conversation. I mean he still went on to offer "private time" in his next line even if I was sour towards him. And I still turned that offer down outright.

Still havent went ahead with the conversations, screw him.

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

That could be it. Basically it's the difference between saying "That's very gracious" and "Stop trying to sweet talk me, I'm not your Jedi." That really shouldn't be the deciding trigger for the romance, but if you turn down his private time later, he explicitly says "Then we were not to be? Please excuse me," so it feels like my "humoring him" interpretation seems like the most likely answer.

One thing I did notice was that if you are already pursing the Iresso romance, instead of saying "That's so gracious" you tell him there is something else. And that also ends his flirtations.

I don't think he has any true romance flags for the rest of the game though, so you should be able to look at it any way you want. And now that I went back and looked it up, he says Holiday wants him to stop his "advances" towards the Consular, so you could easily interpret it being more about what Tharan does rather than anything the Consular did.

Edited by OldVengeance

This is very confusing. In all the class stories I've played, I don't ever remember coming across a triple-flirt option unless I'd already chosen to flirt earlier. :confused: (Some people have said they've experienced this with Nadia, but male consular is one of the few combinations I haven't played.) At least the game seemed to forget about both of your odd cases...

This is very confusing. In all the class stories I've played, I don't ever remember coming across a triple-flirt option unless I'd already chosen to flirt earlier. :confused: (Some people have said they've experienced this with Nadia, but male consular is one of the few combinations I haven't played.) At least the game seemed to forget about both of your odd cases...

I haven't, either. There are a number of conversations in vanilla story where there are two [flirts] and one really rude response, so if you want your PC to be civil to the companion you're boxed into the flirt, but as you said, the triple flirts don't seem to show up unless the romance is already flagged. That's been my experience anyway. It can be a problem if one didn't mean to trigger the romance and wasn't expecting that though.

With Lana and Theron, there aren't any triple flirts that I've ever seen either on my own (Lana) or in YouTube videos (Theron). In the last conversation on Rishi, you have to choose to talk to them. Even if you choose that convo there's still a way to get out of it (although like the class stories, it's a [flirt] [flirt] [rude] deal).

This happened to me too, when I was leveling a consular to romance Arcann. I just head-cannoned as Tharan having extremely lucid dreams and embarrassing himself in of the Ambassadors and crew and the JC just playing along and shaking their head after the ordeal. Then the JC calmly informing Holiday who then proceeds to electrify his work area for a while as well as his bed.:cool: