Petition: Please re-adjust group ranked dailies/weeklies

Metthew

Team ranked is pretty much dead without it. I don't know who was complaining that it was not ~competitive~, but in the old system, the presence of feeder teams led to the presence of proper fleet teams, which allowed mediocre teams to come in the queue, which let decent teams in queue, and so on. Now the queue is basically empty, because nobody with a medium-to-decent amount of skill wants to queue up when they'll basically lose 100% of the time.

To those who will bring up that it's equivalent to NiM operations, I don't buy the equivalence argument. Ranked is NOT equivalent to higher difficulty PVE for people who are rated low. The only comparison to NiM holds if you're actually playing against top teams, in which case the game will reward you with titles etc.

Please revert this change, so our queues can be lively again.

Team ranked is pretty much dead without it. I don't know who was complaining that it was not ~competitive~, but in the old system, the presence of feeder teams led to the presence of proper fleet teams, which allowed mediocre teams to come in the queue, which let decent teams in queue, and so on. Now the queue is basically empty, because nobody with a medium-to-decent amount of skill wants to queue up when they'll basically lose 100% of the time.

To those who will bring up that it's equivalent to NiM operations, I don't buy the equivalence argument. Ranked is NOT equivalent to higher difficulty PVE for people who are rated low. The only comparison to NiM holds if you're actually playing against top teams, in which case the game will reward you with titles etc.

Please revert this change, so our queues can be lively again.

LOL. knowing a rotation and a memorized youtube mechanic is harder than team ranked. you need to watch out, you might get globaled by the boss while hes turned the opposite direction on the tank. pve is hard

LOL. knowing a rotation and a memorized youtube mechanic is harder than team ranked. you need to watch out, you might get globaled by the boss while hes turned the opposite direction on the tank. pve is hard
Whether we get to trash talk PVE is irrevelant to the fact that our team ranked queues are dead.

Its fine as it is, people in GR have their top spots already from farming mat farmers so no point. GR was a joke anyway, 5-6 good teams taking turns in farming farmers or groups trying to farm farmers.... just go solo.

What are you still doing on pvp forums? I mean dude you are wintrader you wanted to wintrade your "top 3" sentinel last season everyone knows that. You do not comprehend Team Ranked since you are too bad to join any team because everyone knows your rating was not legit and your skills are wan. Please stop posting here. I am even suprised you still use the same name that you used for wintrading in solo ranked.

If you compare team ranked and solo ranked rating discrepancy it's because of new matchmaking system in solo ranked.

Team Ranked was finally alive because so many teams were queuing. Just compare alive season 9 to seasons 7 and 8 when tr was dead even on ToFN and Red Eslpise. In season 9 it was mat farmers queuing but not only them. Many pvp guilds were queuing because all of them had a chance of winning. Some could beat only mat farmers and some could win against good teams. Even mat farmers teams from fleet could be a challenge if they had a tank and heal. For season 10 you have the new matchmaking which makes top teams queue against eachother anyway.

Since the weekly change the pops are slow again and it's sad. Team ranked should be alive and devs should support team ranked population.

What are you still doing on pvp forums? I mean dude you are wintrader you wanted to wintrade your "top 3" sentinel last season everyone knows that. You do not comprehend Team Ranked since you are too bad to join any team because everyone knows your rating was not legit and your skills are wan. Please stop posting here. I am even suprised you still use the same name that you used for wintrading in solo ranked.

If you compare team ranked and solo ranked rating discrepancy it's because of new matchmaking system in solo ranked.

Team Ranked was finally alive because so many teams were queuing. Just compare alive season 9 to seasons 7 and 8 when tr was dead even on ToFN and Red Eslpise. In season 9 it was mat farmers queuing but not only them. Many pvp guilds were queuing because all of them had a chance of winning. Some could beat only mat farmers and some could win against good teams. Even mat farmers teams from fleet could be a challenge if they had a tank and heal. For season 10 you have the new matchmaking which makes top teams queue against eachother anyway.

Since the weekly change the pops are slow again and it's sad. Team ranked should be alive and devs should support team ranked population.

But you people kept crying about mat farmers ruining ranked ques ? Please remove them ? How many threads were posted on this matter ? A lot....

Now Bioware did what you asked them for and now you cry that the que is dead ? Of course it is, dude.... You just failed to see that Ranked was artificially inflated with mat farmers and you got more pops/a lot of pops. Yes, I admit. it was very good finally in team ranked, a lot PVP guilds qued, it looked somewhat competitive. But now since they increased the weekly to 50 you can see the real interest in it and how many people que for the sake of competition.

I didn't que team ranked for a good while now and don't intend to... I am not stupid to grind 50 wins in a week with a dead que that barely pops. That would take forever.

A

Also.. Merovejec is right. Don;'t care if he's a hacker, wintrader or whatever.

Most top ratings where obtained by farming random and mat farmer teams. On Darth Malgus 1-2 top team were queing on weekends around noon hours when only mat teams were in que... ;) I did it, all who wanted to boost their ratings did it.

Ranked community killed ranked 8x8 games. The developers only stated death. Even then, cheats were used (for example, the voidstar respec or clicker on the huttball). The whole subsequent history of arenas is the history of wintrade, exploits (hello, famous dps healers, hello, relic, which gives invulnerability), jumping to the strongest specializations, broken matchmaking, etc. This is just what I found, although I left the game years ago. Is it any wonder that the arenas are empty too?

But the developers decided to motivate players to play ranked for materials. But, first of all, it was beneficial to those who farmed farmers. Now these people claim that they did not receive the initial high rating with insane win rate against the farmers. Why would developers support a toxic minority, many of which in another game would get banned? Selfishness and stupidity killed pvp.

Fact is the "ELO" system this game tries to rely on for rating has been defunct for years. They need to scrap it and go to a winning point system, it's the only way to properly give credit for anything in ranked. I mean grant rating points for wins. Have the points tallied then amount to a specific rating rank.

The population has never been worthy of using a true ELO system especially as of lately and the wonderful population has always found multiple ways to manipulate their rating through various forms of cheating.

The only way to avoid cheating in ranked is to make ranked rating based off total wins, that will require actual time input and people will try to win if winning counts whereas losing does not.

Yes, if you only have time to play 5 ranked matches a week, maybe a wins-based rating system will be unkind to you, but too bad. Ranked is for "serious" players and ought to require some time investment. I don't see time investment mattering to BW/EA anyway seeing how their new gear grind is nothing but a huge time investment.

Edited by Lhancelot

Yes, if you only have time to play 5 ranked matches a week, maybe a wins-based rating system will be unkind to you, but too bad. Ranked is for "serious" players and ought to require some time investment. I don't see time investment mattering to BW/EA anyway seeing how their new gear grind is nothing but a huge time investment.

Stop making sense Lhance! XD

If they are worried about the quantity overwhelming quality factor, they could normalize the wins by the number of matches played, starting after a certain point (i.e. you play 10 matches and won 5, thats a 50% win rate). This supports your idea with wins, while attempting to compare players across a broad spectrum of playtime.

You trash sniper

ur trash in solos git gud

Yo Matt, why u called me trash when people love u so much? Your native attitude spits on decent players who try to do their best then u complain why decent players don't queue anymore. Uhh-mazing.

Those who farmed farmers are crying now that the farmers are gone, and that there is no way to get a higher ELO from farming someone anymore ?

This says all. +999

Its fine as it is, people in GR have their top spots already from farming mat farmers so no point. GR was a joke anyway, 5-6 good teams taking turns in farming farmers or groups trying to farm farmers.... just go solo.

Agree. Some people mistake the high rating with some serious winning players and really good, when the truth is they farm matfarmers.

Why queue tr ? To give free rating?? U joking?

First of all, hardswap is pure cancer, it's not a sign of skill or anything, but a sign of how u exploit a bad system to kill 1 player. Congrats of being a better player in a live world but dead game.

Secondly, Decent teams? LOL. Why don't u queue againt top tier teams? Why don't top tier teams queue against eachother? Before making a stupid thread like this go win over all teams with 2-3k rating. Teamranked is dead? I think it rather filtered farmers vs non farmers. I don't think is dead. All 2k rating players want to farm ur sniper head, don't worry about that.

3rd this game is made for pve. All complaints of pvp are in a dead section. What did u see? Devs create more content, but same bugs of pvp are still there. Same broken classes, like the one u play, cos behind every op class is a player too fearful to play a bad class. For example, I mostly played bad classes and u called me trash. Blame people for playing bad class or devs for having a bugged pvp game?

Edited by ecstazypop

+1 revert the dailies and weekly back to the way it was

This is the problem as I see it.

And 50 matches is a bit much, even for some dedicated pvpers.

Let’s say for arguments sake that matches go between 6-9 minutes and you lose every match.

6 x 50 = 5 hours

9 x 50 = 7.5 hours

(Not including time in the queue)

Now consider granked prime time is only 1-2 hours a day during the week and you can run into the problem of not having enough time to get 50 matches.

There are now more granked premades in regs than before because they can’t get matches. This is driving casuals from reg pvp as well. It’s one big snow ball effect and is going to contribute to finishing off pvp in this game.

At least we’ll get ranked 8 man back (in a de facto way) because all the ranked guys will be left playing reg pvp again.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Holy cow you are still obsessed with me Thrayus. I wouldn't say that being on the same side as Alrik, Azzazel and Merovejec does your argument any favours.

First of all, hardswap is pure cancer, it's not a sign of skill or anything, but a sign of how u exploit a bad system to kill 1 player. Congrats of being a better player in a live world but dead game.
It is arguably the team ranked strategy that is fastest paced and requires most skill, unless you think cleave or acid comps are somehow better. Then again, I've never seen you actually try teams :thinking:

Why don't u queue againt top tier teams?
I do queue when I play - I'll only refuse to play against cancer DR comps really, which the top teams don't really play (aside from a few days when Picaro was playing lightning with Jedeija's team). You can see us in some of Krellton's videos, which I recommend people to watch - they are very amusing.

I play less and less these days though. And what this thread is about is the following problem - it used to be the case that you would -know- there are people queueing, so you could just queue up yourself. Now you need to make an effort to start the queue, and when you do, there is only one or two teams. When school starts again, this will probably mean I'll get maybe one or two days of team ranked per MONTH.

Katrinka streamed today - they literally only had games against Valek's team. The greatest simultaneous number teams in queue I've seen recently is a whooping three. This is in contrast to the "matfarming" era, where you could see 6-10 teams in queue easily. It is partly because of people quitting, but partly also because team ranked is generally dead.

I don't know why I am trying to argue on these forums about it anymore though, looks like all I am getting is people not familiar with the actual "competitive" scene playing Mr. Wise Guy to me.

Surely it’s better to have farmers then dead que ? At least everyone could play TR. Now it’s dead.

You could be 1500s and play against 1500s mostly, sometimes getting high rated , sometimes farmers.

And tbh why obsessing with other ppl ratings ? Doesn’t even give bragging rights or anything apart from title that isn’t even cool.

People can get 4000 for all I care..

The weeklies were never FOR serious players who put in tons of hours. The weeklies ALWAYS have been to entice others to participate, try it, maybe get good and become permanent participants. Now, you are not enticing anyone, the future of ranked is doomed.

Before: All serious players got the weekly easily. New and prospective players maybe got the weekly done in a few weeks of trying, but it was a good amount of time to get them into it.

Now: All serious players still get the weekly done easily. No more new players. RIP future of ranked.

I don't understand why so many people here claim that 2k rated players farm mat farmers. This season is different matchmaking based on the highest rated person in team. If you 2k rated you will not get match against mat farmers. The only way to get farmers is that there is no one else is queue. You need to wait 30min for single pop in this case and it gives you +3 rating. My team always leave when no good team in queue because it's boring to wait 1 hour and get +6.

The problem is that the team ranked queue is dead now even on Darth Malgus. You need mat farmers for active queue, because that encourages teams to "farm" mat farmers then in encourages other teams to practise and queue with decent comps against them. Then you have some top teams that will also queue but they will not get matched against 4 dps farmers team.