Devs, Please Give ALL Current Companions Prominent Roles In The 6.0 Storyline

CharmerLeonhart

Ditto. I don't PvP or do Ops, and I love the story content & my companions. That's the beauty of SWTOR--it caters to all of us. Maybe we don't all get as much of what we like as we'd want, but that's no reason to throw the baby out with the bath water. (I just realized now, but that is a horrible expression, isn't it??)

Same here. If there's no story or companions or decorating, there's nothing for me to do. A game without these things in it, isn't one I want to play, let alone pay to play.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here. If there's no story or companions or decorating, there's nothing for me to do. A game without these things in it, isn't one I want to play, let alone pay to play.

Exactly this and really even with story, if our companions continue to have nothing to do with it wnd we keep getting random new comps shoved at us I am going to get frustrated very quickly. I couldn't care less about brief encounters with unknown random comps without meaningful interactions with existing ones, esp LIs. Hard to feel invested in a story that doesn't involve any toon we actually care about.

Exactly this and really even with story, if our companions continue to have nothing to do with it wnd we keep getting random new comps shoved at us I am going to get frustrated very quickly. I couldn't care less about brief encounters with unknown random comps without meaningful interactions with existing ones, esp LIs. Hard to feel invested in a story that doesn't involve any toon we actually care about.

I feel like they cannot win on this one, though. If they keep the familiar companions there will always be someone yelling that they don't want to see this one, or that one, or that one got two minutes more screen time, and oh, it's unfair. If Lana gets time, why doesn't companion X. If companion X gets the screen time, fans of companions Z, S and F will be kvetching.The only way to appease everyone would be to include all 23 LIs and they can't figure out how to do that.

But if they wipe all the old companions away and bring in new ones, there are complaints about that too, because as you say, it means there's really nobody familiar. I felt like that was one of the issues with Makeb, that even though they had some great characters there, being completely among strangers was awkward and didn't lead to much emotional investment.

In SoR they mixed new characters with old ones you'd seen before (the NPCs in the Rishi ckass stories for instance) and it worked better.