Do you get Arcann and his Hand Crafted Zakuul Knight Breastplate if you skip KotET?

NekoAggelou

On a Republic character, since Imperial characters default to dark side decisions.

Well, Charles wrote this:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9669534#edit9669534

We have actually changed our plans on this pretty significantly, but the short version is: When starting the first new storyline mission in Update 5.10, the light-side Arcann Alliance Alert will be auto-completed if it hasn't been completed already; no other Alliance Alerts will be auto-completed.

So since you can't get the breastplate unless you do the alliance alert, and the alliance alert is skipped if you go straight to 5.10, looks like you are out of luck.

While the Rep character will default to Arcann being alive, the romance quest of which this is a part is not automatically completed.

So yes you do get it.

Are you sure? I thought the Arcann alert was the only one the devs said would auto-complete (choosing the non-romance version).

I've no idea if this gives the player the breastplate or not. I've been considering trying the autocomplete with a throwaway alt, so if I do I'll be sure to share my results - but probably someone else will have posted by then.

Are you sure? I thought the Arcann alert was the only one the devs said would auto-complete (choosing the non-romance version).

I've no idea if this gives the player the breastplate or not. I've been considering trying the autocomplete with a throwaway alt, so if I do I'll be sure to share my results - but probably someone else will have posted by then.

Sorry there is a extra word in there should read "is automatically"

When something is completed you get the rewards hence the yes.

Sorry there is a extra word in there should read "is automatically"

Ah no, I think I just parsed your sentence differently to how you meant it. I took you to mean that the quest, a romance quest, was not automatically completed. But you meant the quest was automatically completed, just not the romance part. :)

Ah no, I think I just parsed your sentence differently to how you meant it. I took you to mean that the quest, a romance quest, was not automatically completed. But you meant the quest was automatically completed, just not the romance part. :)

But if I couldn't decipher correctly my own sentence the second time and made an unnecessary correction then its really not a good sentence :)