Servers Back Offline - 5.10

EricMusco

To me it seems that they might not have enough people to test properly ? I dont know... However, I am glad that we are getting content at least. Mistakes can happen and will happen.

Imagine defending and apologising for a multi-billion dollar company that only thinks of you as a whale :D

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me it seems that they might not have enough people to test properly ? I dont know... However, I am glad that we are getting content at least. Mistakes can happen and will happen.

I understand.

But if you are in a position where you have to account for mistakes happening every single patch day, and because of lack of staff and monetary resources there's nothing you ca do to prevent that you don't come out and tell your customers that mistakes like that are never acceptable and will be eradicated.

Customer service isn't just about blowing smoke up the customers' rear-end. It is also about managing customer expectations.

Don't tell them everything is going to be rosy unless you are damn well going to get some roses planted and get them thriving.

All The Best

Considering the fact that this bug happened to every single person that played the new story content, the in-house testers, even a single tester should have got the bug, assuming they didn't use a generic character boost, since that wouldn't really give you the issue.....so if they extensively tested the content, they must have used a generic boosted character and not a genuinely leveling character started from level 1.

I not going to quote my credentials but there are many many software development companies with far more complex applications and databases than this that have no issues making changes without even near-catastrophic errors.

So when you play the apologist and make excuses for them it only means you alone like donating your money for a cause that is not my cause and a (on average) unreliable product. Community doesn't include me if it is brown nosing out of technical ignorance.

I not going to quote my credentials but there are many many software development companies with far more complex applications and databases than this that have no issues making changes without even near-catastrophic errors.

So when you play the apologist and make excuses for them it only means you alone like donating your money for a cause that is not my cause and a (on average) unreliable product. Community doesn't include me if it is brown nosing out of technical ignorance.

Look at all the possible story choices that were affected here. No way they could have caught all of them.

....and yet you are still here donating your money!

Edited by TalleraLane

I think it would be worth the wait if they tossed in some Easter eggs, like on the server select screen while the player base is logged in staring at a dead server list, that when we click on a darkened server name, after the tooltip says "Server is offline" for the first one we click, it switches to "and that one..." "and that one..." "and that one..." Edited by xordevoreaux

Look at all the possible story choices that were affected here. No way they could have caught all of them.

But if they'd have caught even 2% of them they'd have known there was an issue that was in effect game-breaking.

That they caught 0% until the patch went live indicates a QA process that is not fit for purpose.

All The Best

I am under impression they are not trying to caught any choices, they just reverse time to the moment before they were affected.

I think it would be worth the wait if they tossed in some Easter eggs, like on the server select screen while the player base is logged in staring at a dead server list, that when we click on a darkened server name, after the tooltip says "Server is offline" for the first one we click, it switched to "and that one..." "and that one..." "and that one..."

That's another chuckle. Well played.

The website is not the place to be if you want to play...

I know, but imagine how much of a loss you'd feel if you turned up here to complain about the delay and you were the only one! We are among friends and fellow players with a shared desire to see the game fixed.

Good on the devs for popping in to let us know they haven't thrown their hands in the air and belted off home.

Except you don't know their situation. You don't know the source of the problem and you have no idea about what caused the problem. So with zero knowledge on this you actually make comparisons to other companies and their situations and again you have also 0 knowledge how they work through stuff.

Point is that nobody is playing apologist. It's you who is making simple minded comparisons that don't work in complex matters like these.

Ahem Eric might I suggest you actually continue the 1 Chapter per month thing because that was the best waste of my money. I think it'd be fun to continue the Eternal Throne of the North and claim the Iron Throne for myself.

Totally kidding please don't do that chapter thing ever again thanks.

Edited by KeithKanneg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.