Servers Back Offline - 5.10

EricMusco

As a huge Star Wars and SWTOR fan who has subbed since launch, without break, I used to find these delays so hard to come to terms and utterly frustrating.

Now, all these years on, I find them part of the protocol, part of the pomp and ceremony if you will, of bringing our game to the next level. I'd be utterly disappointed nowadays if things of this nature DID go all to plan. Imagine the anticlimax!

While I sit here refreshing this thread repeatedly, my mind wanders to Anthem and its coming launch in February. Can you imagine the potential for stalling a brand new game of that nature? There must be thousands of things that could go wrong!! I'm almost tempted to buy it just so I can be on the forums when it happens and see the to and fro reactions of all the fledgling players for their first time. Getting goosbumps just thinking about it!

Anyway, back to SWTOR, hope the fixing is going well and don't forget to throw out some freebie codes while we wait I always love the excitement of not managing to get any of those too!

May the Force be with you...always. ;)

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.

Hell, I rolled out a database patch a couple months ago to our plant floor for quality data management. Everything ran fine, until someone plugged a 'retired' computer into the network and booted it up. Completely trashed years worth of data.

The fix was easy, but just restoring the databases took hours.

It's software. Crap happens, and something like an MMORPG is very difficult to test completely. At least here, they are responsive, and working on the problem, unlike Many Many Many other MMORPG's out there.

Oh, and if you are one of the angry children quitting over this, can I have your stuff?

ok, so what would you rate the odds of a retired PC causing problems with your patch?

now, what would you consider the odds of THE MAIN use case there was when implementing new story content: new story affects already played old content on existing toons.

so, what would be urgent to test here???

there is no reasonable explanation or excuse for someone missing out a test THAT obvious.

Edited by mrphstar

• Dev Post
Eric - "Within 2 hours now" ........ 2 hours 10 minutes. :rolleyes:

You're right, we are a bit over that window. This is due to the HK issue I highlighted in a previous post. That being said, we are testing that fix now so I hope to have more info on an ETA soon.

-eric

The team is making great progress so far. We are testing both the rollback and the Ossus fix as I type this. Assuming both of these pass testing, we aren't terribly far from coming online. I will pass on more info as I have it.

-eric

In the words of the almighty Porkins: "Stay on Target"

Thank you kindly, Eric, for keeping us updated! And thank you all devs, for trying to sort this as swiftly as you can - I've played games where any issue takes far longer time for the devs to look into. (Took a couple of weeks at least before tanks could actually taunt again, instead of being utterly ignored by all mobs when they tried - just as an example.)

I look forward to take a slow stroll through the new content once it is up <3

Big hugs to all devs and thanks for all the hard work! You can do this! I believe in you! \o/

And someone said something about playing with a cat. <3 Kitty!!! <3 Pat that cat from me, please :p

To the one watching LOTR: I hope you made lembas to eat whilst watching! ^^

Time for me to find some snacks and a film to watch. :)

Would you rather they not fix it? Every patch has bugs. At least they fix them.

I'd rather they properly test it. but thats too much to ask supposedly. I have been here long long time and never have I witnessed such extended downtimes as in 5.....patch era. But I guess....quality of patching is the same of the quality of content for the last two years.

Of course bugs do happen, but we have a trend here for the last 2 years when they happen every single patch. At least they fix them...lol...soon could be at least they do patches....and after that at least they.....wow a patch. As I said always fun with apologists....meanwhile we in EU are in for another wasted game night (those of us who will bother with anyway).

On the more funny side, well we have some hours left to beat the last record downtime, no? Lets aim for that record boys.

You're right, we are a bit over that window. This is due to the HK issue I highlighted in a previous post. That being said, we are testing that fix now so I hope to have more info on an ETA soon.

-eric

Wonderful! Thank you for keeping us informed. :)