Spoiler Question for Sith Story - 5.10 Predictions

mrdrsenorpeanut

In the upcoming story, as we return to the Empire vs Republic center, do you think that the Sith Inquisitor will still be considered a member of the Dark Council? And if not, then what would you predict the Sith Inquisitor's (or even the Sith Warrior's) position within the Empire will be? While with the Alliance, it was easy enough to just say we're the 'Alliance Commander' and be done with it, but it'd seem odd for the former Dark Councillor/Empire's Wrath to just become a lackey in a society revolving around position. Edited by mrdrsenorpeanut

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we'll still be the Alliance from here on and we'll just be supporting our chosen faction for all classes.

That's not really the impression I got at the end of the Traitor storyline, with the Fleet destroyed and the factions rising up again now that Zakuul is out of the picture, it doesn't make any sense for the Alliance to continue being a third faction. None of the Imperials or Pubs have any reason or motivation to stick around with the Alliance over their own factions, as there really is no purpose for the Alliance anymore. I hope that they merge us back into our original factions, even if its mentioned only in passing.

I really hope that's not the case, though, as I personally always hated being the 'Alliance Commander'. I liked identifying my character much more with the class that I chose - the Sith Inquisitor. Not some Commander of an alliance of mixed Imps and Pubs.

Edited by mrdrsenorpeanut

I hope that they merge us back into our original factions, even if its mentioned only in passing.

I really hope they don't.

As far as i'm concerned all my characters belong to the Alliance and the Alliance only.

None of my former imp characters belong to the Empire anymore, so i clearly don't want any of them being called Wrath or Nox.

If they completely force us back to our previous faction, position and title, i'll just stop playing. :(

I really hope they don't.

As far as i'm concerned all my characters belong to the Alliance and the Alliance only.

None of my former imp characters belong to the Empire anymore, so i clearly don't want any of them being called Wrath or Nox.

If they completely force us back to our previous faction, position and title, i'll just stop playing. :(

Why? The Alliance has no identity. The Alliance existed only to face-off against Zakuul, and now that there's no more threat from Zakuul so what logical reason is there for the Alliance to continue to exist?

Why? The Alliance has no identity. The Alliance existed only to face-off against Zakuul, and now that there's no more threat from Zakuul so what logical reason is there for the Alliance to continue to exist?

Well there may be some people who don't want to go back to their original faction, for whatever reason they may have (that being our own PC, their companions or completely nameless NPCs), some of them may be tired of fighting a pointless endless war and would only like to find some neutral safe space (there are 2 NPCs on Odessen who talk about that i think there is one from the Empire and one from the Republic), some of them may have fallen in love with someone from the opposite faction or someone who would simply not fit in their original faction and would want to find a place where they could live their love peacefully.

Some may also be tired of the useless politics of the Republic or the constant betrayal within the Empire.

And some may have grown attached to the Alliance, its planet and its people, Torian calls Odessen his home at some point.

If i really had the opportunity to really chose, my characters would have simply told both the Republic and the Empire that they were on their own and that the people on Odessen only wanted to leave peacefully and not be dragued into that stupid confilt again after everything they have done.

Well there may be some people who don't want to go back to their original faction, for whatever reason they may have (that being our own PC, their companions or completely nameless NPCs), some of them may be tired of fighting a pointless endless war and would only like to find some neutral safe space (there are 2 NPCs on Odessen who talk about that i think there is one from the Empire and one from the Republic), some of them may have fallen in love with someone from the opposite faction or someone who would simply not fit in their original faction and would want to find a place where they could live their love peacefully.

Some may also be tired of the useless politics of the Republic or the constant betrayal within the Empire.

And some may have grown attached to the Alliance, its planet and its people, Torian calls Odessen his home at some point.

If i really had the opportunity to really chose, my characters would have simply told both the Republic and the Empire that they were on their own and that the people on Odessen only wanted to leave peacefully and not be dragued into that stupid confilt again after everything they have done.

Fair enough, but that's not how my character would be. My Inquisitor would want to claim the Empire for his own. I didn't play STAR WARS: THE OLD ALLIANCE, I played STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC, specifically for the Imp vs Pub.

I think we'll still be the Alliance from here on and we'll just be supporting our chosen faction for all classes.

That's pretty much what it sounds like to me, that we will have our Alliance, and that both the Empire and Republic need the Alliance, because they can't start a war without us. That's what it looks like.

Fair enough, but that's not how my character would be. My Inquisitor would want to claim the Empire for his own. I didn't play STAR WARS: THE OLD ALLIANCE, I played STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC, specifically for the Imp vs Pub.

My SI would rather burn it to the ground than rule it, he absolutely hates the Empire and everything linked to it.

My SW was very loyal to the Empire, but after being betrayed over and over and over again, she has no sympathy left for anything that has the Empire emblem on it.

Same goes for my IA who chose the Republic over the Empire at the end of her class story.

And my BH was never part of the Empire to begin with, and is now fully a Mandalorian at heart (who are part of the Alliance btw).

The game itsefl gave us choices to have our characters react very differently from one another, so forcing everyone back to were they started is taking away every choices made so far... Now that my characters are how they are, i'd rather never play again that change them completely, that would not be them anymore.

Edited by Goreshaga

The game itsefl gave us choices to have our characters react very differently from one another, so forcing everyone back to were they started is taking away every choices made so far... Now that my characters are how they are, i'd rather never play again that change them completely, that would not be them anymore.

Well, that's a consequence of one-story-fits-all. Choice is an illusion.

My SI would rather burn it to the ground than rule it, he absolutely hates the Empire and everything linked to it.

My SW was very loyal to the Empire, but after being betrayed over and over and over again, she has no sympathy left for anything that has the Empire emblem on it.

Same goes for my IA who chose the Republic over the Empire at the end of her class story.

And my BH was never part of the Empire to begin with, and is now fully a Mandalorian at heart (who are part of the Alliance btw).

I would rather reset all the crap from 4.0-5.0 (good story, worked more as a single player game than an MMO though) and be able to continue on, than to have to be the bland 'Alliance Commander'. I was so upset that I'm still the 'Commander' after I chose to become Emperor. I don't want to be called *********** 'Commander', I'm a Sith FFS! :rak_03:

The Alliance appeals to those who prefer a more diverse approach and allies. My toons will side with the Empire when pressed, but they'd far prefer to be on their own and have the freedom to have whatever allies they wish and pursue their own goals, rather than be forced to fight the stupidly endless Imps vs. Pubs conflict or be a lackey for the faction leaders.

I hope that whatever they do, there *will* be an option to remain officially with the Alliance if one so chooses.

I suspect too much work has been put into the Odessen base, companions, etc., for it all to be metaphorically blown up. Which leads me to believe the Alliance will remain; our characters will just be helping one side or the other. Whatever the case, it will be interesting. If the forums are anything to go by, either direction will result in unhappy people...but I like the game enough that even if my preferred option gets nuked I'll see where the new story takes us. Edited by sauceemynx

The Alliance appeals to those who prefer a more diverse approach and allies. My toons will side with the Empire when pressed, but they'd far prefer to be on their own and have the freedom to have whatever allies they wish and pursue their own goals, rather than be forced to fight the stupidly endless Imps vs. Pubs conflict or be a lackey for the faction leaders.

I hope that whatever they do, there *will* be an option to remain officially with the Alliance if one so chooses.

That's the thing, the Alliance has no *mission*! If you don't want to be a part of the war that this era of the lore is known for, then why are you playing the game? There is no reason for the Alliance to continue existing, so if your RP thoughts are that you don't want to continue with the war, then your character can become a hermit and live secluded. It really would not make sense, if they're claiming we're going back to 'Imp vs Pub' but we're not either anymore because 'Alliance'. In the end, the Alliance lost it's power anyway, and the impression I got was that the Alliance has no way to protect itself as an independent entity anymore and if that is the case, then it should disband. Odessen can still exist as the player's personal Base of Operations, so that all the utilities established in 4.0-5.0 can remain accessible but anything other than that begins to get ridiculous. I swear I'll kill anyone who calls me 'Commander' in the future.

In the end, the Alliance lost it's power anyway, and the impression I got was that the Alliance has no way to protect itself as an independent entity anymore and if that is the case, then it should disband. Odessen can still exist as the player's personal Base of Operations, so that all the utilities established in 4.0-5.0 can remain accessible but anything other than that begins to get ridiculous. I swear I'll kill anyone who calls me 'Commander' in the future.

The Alliance defeated the Eternal Throne without the Eternal fleet, so because the fleet is gone doesn't mean that the Alliance has no power nor influence left.

It may not be strong enough on its own, but if both the Empire and the Republic want the Alliance as their ally, it clearly means that it's still a power to be reckoned with.

And you guys already got your precious return to Imp vs Pub, maybe, just maybe you could at the very least agree to let people who enjoyed KOTFXX and the Alliance keep it if they want to.

And i swear even my most LS characters are going to kill anyone who calls them Jedi Master or Sith Lord... Anyways, it's clear that if the Alliance has to go, i'll go away with it, i already intent not to play that new content until i know what's to come for the Alliance.

That's the thing, the Alliance has no *mission*! If you don't want to be a part of the war that this era of the lore is known for, then why are you playing the game? There is no reason for the Alliance to continue existing, so if your RP thoughts are that you don't want to continue with the war, then your character can become a hermit and live secluded. It really would not make sense, if they're claiming we're going back to 'Imp vs Pub' but we're not either anymore because 'Alliance'. In the end, the Alliance lost it's power anyway, and the impression I got was that the Alliance has no way to protect itself as an independent entity anymore and if that is the case, then it should disband. Odessen can still exist as the player's personal Base of Operations, so that all the utilities established in 4.0-5.0 can remain accessible but anything other than that begins to get ridiculous. I swear I'll kill anyone who calls me 'Commander' in the future.

See, you're fully entitled to feel that way, and others are entitled to disagree. An *option* to remain with the Alliance would satisfy both of us.

There are plenty of threats and issues in the galaxy that don't involve blowing up the other faction, and it would have been nice to give my characters a chance to deal with those. The Gree, the Rishi maze, the left over Rakata, splinter groups like the Revanites, the Tion hegemony, pirates, the Hutt cartel again -any of those are far more interesting and nuanced to me, personally, than some endless, mindless red vs. blue war.

I personally do not want my characters to return to their pasts as faction lackeys, going on quests to satisfy someone else's political machinations. Not to mention that my Republic characters would likely throw themselves out the airlock before they'd be forced to be Jedi or support the Republic again, and sneaking around as a saboteur isn't their style (and since they've been dark sided and supported the Empire at every turn since the class stories, they would not be credible undercover saboteurs anyway - nobody would really believe they've returned to the Jedi/Republic).

As it is, I'm only bringing two carefully selected alts through 5.10 and will be holding the others to see how that, and 6.0, turn out. I am not letting my mains touch it with 1 10-foot pole. My characters' stories very well *might* end at Nathema and I'll head canon that they just flip off both factions and vanish to have their own adventures in wild space.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

See, you're fully entitled to feel that way, and others are entitled to disagree. An *option* to remain with the Alliance would satisfy both of us.

There are plenty of threats and issues in the galaxy that don't involve blowing up the other faction, and it would have been nice to give my characters a chance to deal with those. The Gree, the Rishi maze, the left over Rakata, splinter groups like the Revanites, the Tion hegemony, pirates, the Hutt cartel again -any of those are far more interesting and nuanced to me, personally, than some endless, mindless red vs. blue war.

I personally do not want my characters to return to their pasts as faction lackeys, going on quests to satisfy someone else's political machinations. Not to mention that my Republic characters would likely throw themselves out the airlock before they'd be forced to be Jedi or support the Republic again, and sneaking around as a saboteur isn't their style (and since they've been dark sided and supported the Empire at every turn since the class stories, they would not be credible undercover saboteurs anyway - nobody would really believe they've returned to the Jedi/Republic).

As it is, I'm only bringing two carefully selected alts through 5.10 and will be holding the others to see how that, and 6.0, turn out. I am not letting my mains touch it with 1 10-foot pole. My characters' stories very well *might* end at Nathema and I'll head canon that they just flip off both factions and vanish to have their own adventures in wild space.

I cannot support a faction existing just because people don't like change. The fact is, there is no purpose for the Alliance to exist. At all. What goals could the alliance strive for? The Alliance controls nothing other than Odessen, so it's not like it's helping anyone else out at this point. The Alliance just exists for no reason at this point in the story. It's served its purpose, and now it should go.

A lot of those threats cannot compare to the Zakuul threat, and a big part of storytelling is you can't go balls-to-the-wall and have a potentially galaxy-ending threat and then go back to fighting pirates - nobody wants to do that. The Empire vs Republic war is what this era of the lore is known for. Sure, an option to stay in the alliance would satisfy those that for some odd reason don't enjoy storylines making sense, but that would essentially be like stopping the story there. It doesn't make sense for the Empire or the Republic to trust a third faction made of splinter groups of both factions. I don't want to see anymore story decisions that don't make any sense. And I think the Alliance going away is the only logical option, if the goal is to be able to continue telling a story. The Eternal Fleet being destroyed was a good step - now the Alliance is powerless. But now the Alliance needs to be formally disbanded.

Edited by mrdrsenorpeanut

The Alliance defeated the Eternal Throne without the Eternal fleet, so because the fleet is gone doesn't mean that the Alliance has no power nor influence left.

It may not be strong enough on its own, but if both the Empire and the Republic want the Alliance as their ally, it clearly means that it's still a power to be reckoned with.

And you guys already got your precious return to Imp vs Pub, maybe, just maybe you could at the very least agree to let people who enjoyed KOTFXX and the Alliance keep it if they want to.

And i swear even my most LS characters are going to kill anyone who calls them Jedi Master or Sith Lord... Anyways, it's clear that if the Alliance has to go, i'll go away with it, i already intent not to play that new content until i know what's to come for the Alliance.

The Eternal Fleet kept the Republic and Empire in check, and therefore without the Eternal Fleet the Alliance would have no power over the other two factions. And at the end of the Traitor storyline, it didn't seem so much that the other factions wanted US, but that Lana and Theron knew we were sitting ducks and that WE needed THEM. Very different.

Why do you care about the Alliance? Clearly, at some point it is going to be destroyed and take any progress towards peace the Commander makes with it. Why would you know want to be known as the class you chose? Why did you choose that class if you don't want to be referred to as that class?

I cannot support a faction existing just because people don't like change. The fact is, there is no purpose for the Alliance to exist. At all. What goals could the alliance strive for? The Alliance controls nothing other than Odessen, so it's not like it's helping anyone else out at this point. The Alliance just exists for no reason at this point in the story. It's served its purpose, and now it should go.

A lot of those threats cannot compare to the Zakuul threat, and a big part of storytelling is you can't go balls-to-the-wall and have a potentially galaxy-ending threat and then go back to fighting pirates - nobody wants to do that. The Empire vs Republic war is what this era of the lore is known for. Sure, an option to stay in the alliance would satisfy those that for some odd reason don't enjoy storylines making sense, but that would essentially be like stopping the story there. It doesn't make sense for the Empire or the Republic to trust a third faction made of splinter groups of both factions. I don't want to see anymore story decisions that don't make any sense. And I think the Alliance going away is the only logical option, if the goal is to be able to continue telling a story. The Eternal Fleet being destroyed was a good step - now the Alliance is powerless. But now the Alliance needs to be formally disbanded.

There's no need to insult those who don't like Imps vs. Pubs by saying they enjoy "stories that don't make sense."

For my characters, who have grown beyond that, and don't want to step down from being a leader to being a lackey, staying in the Alliance and outside of the factions *does* make sense. Perfect sense. I don't care what story they tell that is all about mindlessly blowing up the Jedi or Sith because they're Jedi or Sith.

If they do not give people an option to stay neutral and force everyone back into the Imps vs. Pubs. they *will* lose some players, and there are others like me who will just not play the new content. It's that simple.

I think there's one thing people forget, this game is Star Wars Legends. It's not part of the Star Wars Canon, therefore the alliance can exist and can keep existing, and the whole story can take any direction. It no longer has to lead to the Star Wars quo we know from movies, etc. Now I'm not saying Imp vs Pub should be gone, because it is the core of the game as an MMO, but for story purposes a stay alliance, or join Pub or Imp faction decision would be just fine. The alliance can still exist even if its not as big as it was before. It can become a neutral shelter from people that want to stay away from the old war, among other things. Specially since a lot of our created characters and companions are practically not seen in good terms in their original faction, so the alliance in a way can stay as their main alignment.

I think there's one thing people forget, this game is Star Wars Legends. It's not part of the Star Wars Canon, therefore the alliance can exist and can keep existing, and the whole story can take any direction. It no longer has to lead to the Star Wars quo we know from movies, etc. Now I'm not saying Imp vs Pub should be gone, because it is the core of the game as an MMO, but for story purposes a stay alliance, or join Pub or Imp faction decision would be just fine. The alliance can still exist even if its not as big as it was before. It can become a neutral shelter from people that want to stay away from the old war, among other things. Specially since a lot of our created characters and companions are practically not seen in good terms in their original faction, so the alliance in a way can stay as their main alignment.

That is not the case - or should not be the case, in the minds of the developers. Just because this game is a part of the LEGENDS doesn't mean they should start changing the core history of Star Wars. I don't want to see them start doing dumb stuff just because "hey, its Legends, it doesn't matter!"

That being said, even putting the history of Star Wars proving the Alliance at some point dies, like I said, it makes no sense for the Alliance to exist. The story going back to the Imps vs Pubs is the developer's goal, so why would they give you the option to hide from their story decisions? The Alliance has no purpose, so it has no reason to exist from a logical perspective. The developers are purposefully bringing us back to Empire vs Republic, which means that the Alliance has no reason to exist from a gameplay perspective. I do not want to be in the damn Alliance, honestly I never did. I always found it utter ********* that the Sith Empire just rolled over and did whatever the Zakuulan Throne said.

That is not the case - or should not be the case, in the minds of the developers. Just because this game is a part of the LEGENDS doesn't mean they should start changing the core history of Star Wars. I don't want to see them start doing dumb stuff just because "hey, its Legends, it doesn't matter!"

That being said, even putting the history of Star Wars proving the Alliance at some point dies, like I said, it makes no sense for the Alliance to exist. The story going back to the Imps vs Pubs is the developer's goal, so why would they give you the option to hide from their story decisions? The Alliance has no purpose, so it has no reason to exist from a logical perspective. The developers are purposefully bringing us back to Empire vs Republic, which means that the Alliance has no reason to exist from a gameplay perspective. I do not want to be in the damn Alliance, honestly I never did. I always found it utter ********* that the Sith Empire just rolled over and did whatever the Zakuulan Throne said.

Which is fine for you but there are others that feel differently. You seem to think that because you don't like it, others shouldn't. Just because you see it one way doesn't make your way the only right way. For me I don't care considering my imperial characters are going to do all they can to bring down the empire. But I understand why some people like the alliance and I don't see why they couldn't allow them to still have the alliance. It would make no difference to me and it wouldn't affect me if they decided to leave the alliance for them.

Which is fine for you but there are others that feel differently. You seem to think that because you don't like it, others shouldn't. Just because you see it one way doesn't make your way the only right way. For me I don't care considering my imperial characters are going to do all they can to bring down the empire. But I understand why some people like the alliance and I don't see why they couldn't allow them to still have the alliance. It would make no difference to me and it wouldn't affect me if they decided to leave the alliance for them.

I feel that expecting them to keep within the believable continuity of the Star Wars universe, regardless of being canon or not, is an acceptable expectation. I gave the reason that they wouldn't be able to keep the alliance around; the alliance's very existence deviates from the primary focus of one faction vs another faction, which is supposedly what 6.0 will be centered on. You can't have the focus be faction vs faction, but you're not really even in either faction? That would be dumb, to put it plainly.

I feel that expecting them to keep within the believable continuity of the Star Wars universe, regardless of being canon or not, is an acceptable expectation. I gave the reason that they wouldn't be able to keep the alliance around; the alliance's very existence deviates from the primary focus of one faction vs another faction, which is supposedly what 6.0 will be centered on. You can't have the focus be faction vs faction, but you're not really even in either faction? That would be dumb, to put it plainly.

Not dumb, since Star Wars has always had other factions (Hutts, etc) they would just decide which side to support which is something that I chose on Iokath and then at the end of the Nathema fp.

And just for the record:

At this moment, the Disney Star Wars factions include: https://www.ign.com/wikis/star-wars/Factions

Clan Fett

Commerce Guild

Confederacy of Independant Systems

Corporate Alliance

Dark Lords of the Sith

Death Watch

First Order

Free Ryloth movement

Galactic Empire

Galactic Republic

Gungan Grand Army

Hutts