The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

We also want the game in Spanish.

Thorkarim

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real spanish isn't latin-spanish (south america). Spanish was born in Spain, never forget, and spain is more bigger than france or germany.

That is wrong here are some facts:

46 Million Spain

81 Million Germany

65 Million France

Most places speak some English. But take the 4 main ones USA, UK, Canada and Australia

22 Million Australia

34 Million Canada Also you could move Canada pop to France. Since they also speak it.

62 Million UK

312 million USA

Grand total 430 Million

So you can see they picked the most spoken languages in the Europe and North America. Did not count Mexico since it is in Central America.

And we will not count the world since this game was localized for NA and EU.

NOW the big problem is cost for Bioware. Unlike other MMO they have to hire about 300 actors per language. So they have to justify another 10-20 million to add a language that is not widely spoken in NA and EU.

Edited by Romiz

Spanish is the second languaje of the world, and the game its translated to german and french first? We're many playing this and many speaking spanish around the world, at least we want subtittles... If you speak spanish, all flaming on party or general, the game is good, but i wan't understand all the dialogues well and history. My money is the same as in france, germany, usa and i have the right to understand it and play at ease.

Spanish is not the second language of the world. Sorry.

Mandarin (Chinese) and English hold the coveted #1 and #2 spots. How you prioritize them is up to speculation, whether it be the most used business language in the world, or how many actual people speak it. Spanish holds the #3 slot, for all intents and purposes, being that they meet the criteria of either of those roles (even if, by volume, they might be #2).

However, Europe takes priority over Spanish, even in it's #3 slot, as Europe is a much higher priority economically and technologically. This means that French, German and English take priority. The game will be translated to Mandarin (Chinese) next most likely, provided that BioWare/EA plan to tap into the Chinese market (which one would hope they would, as it's gigantic).

Spanish will likely come after (or perhaps the same time as), due to a far lower priority. I refer you to other major companies that follow the same suit, tapping the American, European and Asian markets first. Why? It's just better business.

I've always wondered do more people speak Mandarin or English?

Obviously Mandarin is the largest primary language, but once you consider people who speak english as a second or third language I wonder if there is more.

Edit: nevermind according to wikipedia there are. English Wins!

Edited by Thesseract

However, Europe takes priority over Spanish, even in it's #3 slot, as Europe is a much higher priority economically and technologically. This means that French, German and English take priority. The game will be translated to Mandarin (Chinese) next most likely, provided that BioWare/EA plan to tap into the Chinese market (which one would hope they would, as it's gigantic).

I do not see it ever going to Mandarin. Star Wars is not as popular in China. As if they could could do it would have to be on Chinese server only. Also no access to other place Outside Chinese area. That is a problem all MMOs companies run into with China. Most MMOs are even required to change large parts of the games to fit China's Rules.

Sure China is now trading with the World. But they are also still a very closed nation in other ways.

Thesseract good point I would not be shocked if 75% of the world speaks UK or American form of English. Even in China a good number speak some English. Would not expect more than 25% of the world speaks Chinese (China is 20% of the world population)

Edited by Romiz

And you have right for play it in your language? Why?

No one has a right to play this game period. And no one has a right to play it in any particular language. The game was made by an American company and therefore was made to focus on an English speaking audience first. Other languages were added based on demographics, popularity of MMO's and the Star Wars brand in other countries. There is no chance a Spanish language is not in the works. Just have a little patience.

They need to invent a single world language and force everyone to use it. Problem solved.

We also need to switch to a base 12 or base 16 math system. Base 10 is garbage.

Or does base 10 benefit higher level math for some reason that I haven't seen? As far as I can tell, we only picked base 10 up because we have 10 fingers and toes and earlier civilizations developed with base 10.

Shouldnt be translated into anything other than english so everyone learns the basic mmo language.

Even as an English speaking person do not agree with that. We maybe the most spoken language but not the only one.

If World War 2 had not turned out like it did. We would ALL be speaking German and Japanese. :eek: And I love me German and Japanese friends on Facebook before you attack.

Edited by Romiz

I think this would get more support if all the people tryna stand up for spain weren't so bad at it. Demanding will get you /facepalm.Spain IS in an economic crisis.South Americans in general are poor as donkeys. Yes lots of people speak spanish,but as a second language. Plus this thread shows it all.7 pages Not high demand imo. It might happen in the future but tbh they have ALOT of ingame problems and just aren't thinking about this yet. btw I support this.Just its at the back of the line. maybe in a year Edited by Jimudthesecond

And you have right for play it in your language? Why? Your money and my money was diferent when we buy the game? The better solution of this is : Don't sell games on spanish speakers countries that are in other languages and don't have spanish language.

I don't play in my language. A lot of people don't. I think there would have been a much bigger rant if this game wasn't available in non-English/German/French countries.

[...]

******** its English game made by American company where official language is English and they make game in their most known and most understanded language in market where they sell French and German is only dubbed cos of their laws... Else it would not be.[...]

Germany doesn't have a law for compulsory dubbing of video games at least as far as I know. There's plenty of video games which have been sold here without any kind of translation in the past. The reason why everything gets dubbed here these days is because - well - otherwise a game wouldn't sell as good plus the market for media dubbing is fairly big and established here. However I personally skip German-dubbed versions because they usually are not on par with the original.

PS: I would sympathize with the OP if he hadn't opened with a demand and then continued to rant with guns blazing. "My stuff is bigger than your stuff so I should get what I want" isn't the most ideal way to ask kindly for things you'd like to get implemented.

Edited by ArmchairMagpie