A poll about future romance options, please?

AdornedBlood

They could easily add polls to the login screen to get feed back. But they don’t care about any feed back except their influencer friends and their own guild mates.

On the surface.. this sounds reasonable. Now lets put the human factor into the equation.. the human game player factor ---> some players will get annoyed with this and will deliberately just throw any answer in to get past it and move on to actually play the game.

We had this back in beta... and there is no evidence it added any value to data gathering for the studio.. largely because it cannot be objectively normalized in terms of player responses.

And NO... opt-out won't work.. because that is just another form of self-selection in a poll..... which is actually the one aspect of polling that professional pollers try very hard to avoid by design.

Edited by Andryah

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Bioware official poll that only allows you to vote once on your account is the only method.

And how many people don't come to the forums? So how would that really be accurate. In my guild I am the only one that comes to the forums. The rest avoid it with a passion. So polls would still not be accurate.

Yes, and those are great. They also have other things in real life that games have, that doesn't mean you can't enjoy them in game.

Haha yeah I get that but I can't hack rancors apart with a lightsaber IRL. I can't travel through space to other planets (yet) on a spaceship IRL.

Why should I spend my time in real life while in game characters makes me happy more than real humans? "get help son" oh please, give me a *********** break already- everyone says that since like medieval ages with their nose high and mighty, looking on these people like if themselves are english crown member or something, its so stupid in my opinion.

I'm sorry to see this :(

You know... they have "romance options" IRL? They even have apps for it and everything.

I can't be a gay dude irl though, and even less so a red skinned one :rolleyes:

I can't be a green skinned lady romancing a big grumpy cat or a ****** former JK marring a cool spy either.

That's what games are for, doing stuff you can't or don't want to do irl

I can't be a gay dude irl though, and even less so a red skinned one :rolleyes:

I can't be a green skinned lady romancing a big grumpy cat or a ****** former JK marring a cool spy either.

That's what games are for, doing stuff you can't or don't want to do irl

I'm pretty sure in 2018 you can do all of those things :D

You know... they have "romance options" IRL? They even have apps for it and everything.

Of course they do, and hallelujah for that. I'm sure a fair number of us here are perfectly happy with whatever 'romance options' we are taking IRL whether we're with someone or not. But games are escapism the same way books, films and other media can be, and here's nothing wrong with that.