The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Make Mirror classes actual mirrors

Kellindell

This is a good post and should be stickied until all issues are balance between factions. This needs to be addressed in the next patch by the entire dev team. Everything else should be put on hold until all damage is applied at the same time for all skills on both sides. Stuff like this killed warhammer which was really a fun game. I would hate to see the huge loss of subs here as there.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should also be noted that the PURPLE crystal is not obtainable for Republic yet.

Yes, the MAGENTA is, but not purple.

What's even more upsetting is the fact that the only person known to have the Purple crystal was a Jedi. U_U

Yeah, that is what bothers me. They cant chalk this up to lore, lore states that Sith just happened to have geographical access to red crystal caves, and after a while it stuck. Nothing mentioned about purple. Only Windu had the purple lightsaber, which is why its always rare in star wars games.

Apparently Windu looted it off the long lost descendant of a sith PvPer.

Thats true. I kind of figured the trooper mirror ability would be the same, but I don't even know.

Another thing to note on sorc vs sage is how highly visible everything the sorc does. Draws great attention compared to how subtle the sage spells are. I wanted to go republic when the game came out, still do, but my guild chose empire. Some of the supposed disadvantages listed, are in actuality, advantageous.

Have I pointed out the fact that this stuff favors Empire?

Yes.

But the name of the post is still Make Mirrors actual Mirrors, and in the thread I have said I dont care if they nerf sith or buff republic to bring them in line. Its about making it equal, regardless of how they do it.

This is a good post and should be stickied until all issues are balance between factions. This needs to be addressed in the next patch by the entire dev team. Everything else should be put on hold until all damage is applied at the same time for all skills on both sides. Stuff like this killed warhammer which was really a fun game. I would hate to see the huge loss of subs here as there.

Im not sure how to get something stickied, but feel free to campaign for it.

Since this post is essentially about alot of bad stuff bioware did, I doubt a BW representative will sticky it, but maybe ill be surprised. To be honest, at the rate they remove anti BW posts, I thought this was going to get deleted.

Im a shadow battlemaster, and i cant tell you how many times each day, I go to project and have the rocks stop in midair as they vanish. Id highly prefer an instant cast.

They could fix this by making the ground rise up from underneath the sith hurting them instantly, but having the animation continue to do its thing after.

One problem not listed here is the delay in the AOE stun for shadow vs the sith equivalent.

Our AOE stun (force wave) requires an animation where we jump up and come down before casting and it takes a long time to cast it. Make this instant like the sith version and Id be happy :) there is no reason for the senselessly long animation, just have the force wave come right out....why do I need to jump and come down?... nonsense.

I do allright though, but yeah...sith advantage is blatant and self serving to the devs... and all the people here complaining that the OP points this stuff out...its really stupid of them..these are legitimate imbalances... they ought to be fixed. Thats the end of the story.

Edited by Descends

So you had a winning streak, which makes all other issues in this game moot?

No it means people exaggerate so much it isnt't even funny anymore. The best I see is the whines about Project and how people cannot interupt in time on bombs etc.

Guess they never heard of TK Throw which ticks right away and therefore interupts right away.

If it was as severe as the OP claims Republic wouldn't win anything.

Edited by Vales

+1 for the OP.

The fact that animations provide such a difference is just frustrating.

Let instants be instants, let animations not force hinder movement, and let channeled animations (master strike) not hinder canceling them if you wanna move...can't count the times I got hit because I was master striking and could not move instantly on incoming damage that otherwise I could have avoided.

- M

If they make project animation to just get a rock of the ground and directing it to the player it would be so much more responsive. But no, first you have to raise the rock above the head, then hurl it on the enemy's head.

These things are not smart.

Now I'm not going to comment on the merc vs commando thing, both classes have bad design for pvp and if you ask me they should remake them.

The animation problems are so big that anything else that they implement will be greeted with frustration.

Plz stop QQ about project animation, is the only advantage shadows have against imps.

The power of buffed project in combo with FB is the main burst source of infiltration shadows.

If they nerf the animation shadows will become the same as assassin just with a slow Force wave animation.

I worked for take the most benefit of that "bug" like you all say, and i can admit that will never leave my delayed project; with that combo i can easly eat full PvP players with my crappy PvP gear.

Fix project will kill republics shadows, not powering them.

And if you dont believe it, just check Powerrs video on utube and you will see that the 100% of our burst is related to that combo.

Honestly i dont wanna see my class killed because of a bunch of unskilled whiners >_>"