Can we talk about 258 gear?

kukumburr

Anyway no matter what, BiS gear in any game should only be obtainable by playing the Game Modes that reward you the best gear, no matter what game modes they are, can be FPs, operations, pvp, gsf whatever. Never be able to be bought from their in game market, and its irrelevant you saying its to hard or to expensive to do so.

As of this PTS build, this is what we know about the BiS gearing. (Anyone, if I’ve got these top facts wrong, please correct me)

* Specific Mats to craft 258 gear will come from MM op

* Schematics to craft whole gear pieces are available from a vendor (but not mods, enhancement, armor, hilts or barrels)

* Reverse Engineering the internalss of 258 gear will give you a 60% chance to get a schematic to craft them

* Reverse Engineered “internal armor pieces” will not be BiS because they won’t have gear Bonuses

* To craft any 258 items it will be expensive in credits and mats

* You can buy BiS 258 gear from a vendor using MWS that are collected by excessively grinding content and pvp.

* 258 weapons will not be available from the vendor. They will only be available as a drop in MM op and crafted.

* Enhancements taken out of gear are now locked to that gear type (ie legs for legs). Transferring by legacy is pointless.

What does that means for casual players and dedicated pvpers alike.

* Months to grind MWS (only) using one Alt

* People with more Alts will have less time, but they will be required to still only gear one Alt as they transfer items in legacy gear.

* Anyone wanting to Min-Max as pvpers do will be required to buy crafted enhancements from MM players

* Anyone wanting 258 weapons will require buying them from MM players

* MM Players and Crafters will be listing mats and armor at ridiculously high prices because no one outside of MM will have access to the mats. The crafted items will cost so much to make in the first place that they will be high priced just to cover costs, that’s before even adding a mark up for profit.

* Any MM players who also play pvp (and there are more than people realise) are usually very good players or they wouldn’t be up to MM ops. These players will dominate the pvp landscape because of gear and skill. Any equally skilled players with out 258 BiS will lose constantly (causing resentment, rage, frustration and ultimately leave the game).

What does this mean for MM players.

* They will get super, ridiculously rich.

* They will be BiS geared before anyone even has a chance to be half geared

* If they play pvp, they will dominate it for months as gear gods.

What does this mean for the game

* People, especially pvpers who will need BiS gear as much as the MM players (to compete) will take as many shortcuts to getting the gear. If they have a massive amount of credits they will just pay what ever the MM crafters ask for.

* If people don’t have the credits they will look for other ways to get them fast. That will include buying gear from the CM and trying to sell it on the GTN to obtain the credits (not always guaranteed to pay off as much as intended). Or they will use less reasonable methods and just buy credits direct from unscrupulous 3rd party spammers (which is more of a guarantee of real money spent)

* People not willing to pay real money or don’t have a stock pile of credit or UCs will be stuck on the grind wheel and will get burn out or give up and leave the game.

* None of that is healthy for the game

I know there are people who disagree with some of my conclusions. But you can’t argue with the facts at the beginning of this post. They are what they are on the PTS at the moment and can’t be disputed.

As it stands at the moment, this gearing change will negatively affect the game. How much it will affect it, we won’t know till it happens. The question is, how much more can the game take till all of the things negatively affecting it finally drive the game to close? And why can’t Bioware see what’s happening? When they look at their stats are they looking at total numbers or are they focused on percentages?

Edited by Totemdancer

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets be real, all this "5.10 update is for NiM raiders" stuff is just plain BS. How many NiM teams are even left in the game that are active and doing NiM raids for fun on weekly basis?

On DM server, I only know about one team that does raids for selling stuff from those, so it's a profit raid NiM team.

Even if you find one, good luck in getting in.

I've been playing this since 2014, I've done OPS like S&V HM and so on, multiple times and I've never had a chance to even join a NiM raid team, let alone make one. The % of ppl who's gonna do Gods NiM is almost non existent, so why again are we getting that OPS on NiM?

Along with the 5.0 MMO killa™ grind fest?

Why are pvpers reduced to buying 2 MWS per week with insane UC prices? If someone has 20,30,40,50k of UC, that person already went to grind hell and back and should not be limited to 2 MWS per week.

I have no problem if BW removes the UC cap for buying MWS. Hardcore PVPers should be rewarded and geared fast if they already earned that through pvp grindhell.

Its like you've worked your butt off to buy a brand new sports car so you could drive it 250 km/h but when you finally buy it, some clueless shop seller tells you

"Umm, you can't drive it 250, 'cause we dont want you to go fast, instead, we locked thd max speed to 80 km/h, enjoy your hard earned cash at 80 km/h max."

Joke aside, I really wonder who comes up with these grind ideas, as far as I know, "exciting guy" is on the new path called "Failthem". :)

Lets be real, all this "5.10 update is for NiM raiders" stuff is just plain BS. How many NiM teams are even left in the game that are active and doing NiM raids for fun on weekly basis?

On DM server, I only know about one team that does raids for selling stuff from those, so it's a profit raid NiM team.

Even if you find one, good luck in getting in.

I've been playing this since 2014, I've done OPS like S&V HM and so on, multiple times and I've never had a chance to even join a NiM raid team, let alone make one. The % of ppl who's gonna do Gods NiM is almost non existent, so why again are we getting that OPS on NiM?

Just felt like correcting you here, there are 8 MM teams that are doing Gods Nim on PTS that I know of which are based on DM, could very well be a few more as I, of course, don't know of all of the teams. Quite a few raiding teams include a sale run at the start or end of their normal raid simply due to the high payout for the time invested, a common sale like Wings from Brontes takes ~20 minutes and payout is ~42m (reduced by ~6m for the cost of crystal) per player. With 258 gear being introduced and as old operations won't be buffed, you will see far more groups being able to take down the old nightmare and sale runes being less common. And currently you see far fewer teams doing regular sales and people prefer to try their hands at Gods Nightmare on PTS, prior to PTS becoming available you had at least 7 teams doing sales on Malgus, at the moment I think that number is reduced to 3.

Regarding why Gods Nightmare, I think you might be surprised to hear most Nightmare raiders agree with you, most of us became quite surprised when we heard about Gods Nightmare, in particular as we initially had been jebaited during Gods HM original release schedule when Nightmare was supposed to be released. I think most raiders think that a whole new operation, with all three difficulty levels, would have been more appropriate as the new endgame PvE content, which is also feedback that was voiced last year (don't wanna say more due to NDA).

Reverse Engineered “internal armor pieces” will not be BiS because they won’t have gear Bonuses

Anyone wanting to Min-Max as pvpers do will be required to buy crafted enhancements from MM players

You make a few good points initially in your post, although I reacted towards these two, the crafted set pieces, as in braces, belt, gloves, legs etc. does have set bonus and are in fact BiS. Crafted items are not technically a requirement, although you are correct in that they are a path to min/maxing stats, just like PvE:ers need to buy more than the 7 items to get those min/max stats, PvP.ers need to buy one extra healing boots/gloves to get rid of that extra accuracy.

I think you make a few conclusions in the latter part of your posts that are quite the longshots and far-fetched, but at the same time impossible to disapprove since we don't know how this will actually function in reality. Speculating is fine and encouraged, but it would be better if we could base it on precedents, like the 236/240 materials which PvP.ers were thought to have monopoly on, and although they gain the lion share of the materials, conquest still contributes quite a few to the circulation which reduces the prices. Hopefully Bioware introduces the Forgotten materialt as a conquest reward as well to help maintain the balance and ensure reasonable prices.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

No point in continuing to Sub for this game unless you are a NM Raider.

Explain? Do they plan to remove all other content and make everyone else naked? I didnt see that in the livestream. This is definitely a new development! Outrage ensues.

Edited by olagatonjedi

You make a few good points initially in your post, although I reacted towards these two, the crafted set pieces, as in braces, belt, gloves, legs etc. does have set bonus.

Do you mean the whole actual crafted armor or do you mean the “internal part” of the armor “slot” has set bonus on it once it’s been reverse engineered so crafting it after will give the set bonus?

Or are you referring to crafting braces, belt, gloves, legs, etc?

My reference was to the first instance, not the second.

Hopefully Bioware introduces the Forgotten materialt as a conquest reward as well to help maintain the balance and ensure reasonable prices.

I also hope this will happen and have suggested it in the conquest thread,

Edited by Totemdancer

Do you mean the whole actual crafted armor or do you mean the “internal part” of the armor “slot” has set bonus on it once it’s been reverse engineered so crafting it after will give the set bonus?

Or are you referring to crafting braces, belt, gloves, legs, etc?

My reference was to the first instance, not the second.

I also hope this will happen and have suggested it in the conquest thread,

Now all your complaints just made gearing worse for everyone but I am sure you don't care.