Best or worst part of the additions to gearing with 5.10?

Stellarcrusade

Perhaps the best (or worst) part of the gearing additions being added for the new tier is that instead of taking 2 hours to explain to a returning player how to gear up, it will now take 2.5 hours. The 27 page document on how to gear at top level gains 5 more pages.

This is in contrast to 4.0 gearing explanation: PVE: Get crystals, trade for gear. PvP: do PvP, buy gear

But that's ok I guess because I have a PhD in obfuscated systems, and will continue to be the only one in my guild that understands how to gear....;-)

5.10 truely will reach a low point in complexity for gearing. I really hope we will have learned our lessons and 6.0 will get rid of ALL currencies, gearing related and not, and simply move on with just credits. And have the gearing be a simple 4 or 5 word explanation as was 4.0 for PvE/PvP.

Perhaps the best (or worst) part of the gearing additions being added for the new tier is that instead of taking 2 hours to explain to a returning player how to gear up, it will now take 2.5 hours. The 27 page document on how to gear at top level gains 5 more pages.

This is in contrast to 4.0 gearing explanation: PVE: Get crystals, trade for gear. PvP: do PvP, buy gear

But that's ok I guess because I have a PhD in obfuscated systems, and will continue to be the only one in my guild that understands how to gear....;-)

5.10 truely will reach a low point in complexity for gearing. I really hope we will have learned our lessons and 6.0 will get rid of ALL currencies, gearing related and not, and simply move on with just credits. And have the gearing be a simple 4 or 5 word explanation as was 4.0 for PvE/PvP.

They are not going back to the way 4.0 worked as far as any of us can perceive... so it really is a waste of time to try to compare it other then as a pretext to soapbox with. Why not go back to 1.0, or 2.0, or 3.0 if you insist on comparing to obsolete methods in prior expacs?

As for alleged complexity.. I really don't see 5.10 tier 5 as complicated.. just tedious, arduous, and a poor return on invested time/effort. 4.0 literally had three different tiers of crystals that players had to sort out how to farm, where to farm, and how much you needed of each for the gear you were seeking. 5.10 looks to be just about the same from a complexity point of view.

Edited by Andryah