Game Update 5.10 Developer Livestream Notes

Iwipe

Guess it depends on your luck. I got 3 248 for my sentinel this week. I have 4 characters in 248 gear and I do story, fp, and heroics. Of course 2 of them have been geared through pulling mods from the other 2 that I play with (mirror classes of my sith characters) and send it that way except for the relics, implants and earpieces and now I am working on my sentinel and any repeats will be sent to my warrior.

:confused:

How exactly do you pull the mods? Every time I've tried to put them into other armor to send it I've been told that it's bound.

I'd like to know how you're doing this too casirabit. I'd also like to know how you are sending "repeats" to other characters. Every piece of premium, prototype, artifact or legendary level of gear/mods I get from a command crate is Bind on Pick Up. I can't send any of it to any other character. Have I missed something?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:confused:

I'd like to know how you're doing this too casirabit. I'd also like to know how you are sending "repeats" to other characters. Every piece of premium, prototype, artifact or legendary level of gear/mods I get from a command crate is Bind on Pick Up. I can't send any of it to any other character. Have I missed something?

Look at the response I sent to her. I learned this a long time ago when I was actually doing ops and hard mode (master) flashpoints when they were fun.

I have legacy armor that I put the mods into, then send them to my alt and then pull it from the gear and put in that one. Yea I know expensive but it works for me. Just remember it has to be chest to chest, gloves to gloves. Now the weapons can be the same if you have legacy weapons (gun, lightsaber, shield). You can get some legacy gear from the dark/light vendor and I believe that armor there is also legacy based so just leave in your legacy bank and pull the mods from the gear and put in there and then pull from that and put on your alt. Some just use the legacy gear and switch off but I rather do it my way. Either way is good but mine will be expensive but it gives you 248 on both characters (mirror). Now do remember if you are pulling gear from a Sage (healer) it has to go to a Sorceress (healer). Smuggler (healer) to Agent (healer) or Sage (dps) to Sorceress (dps)

Thank you for the heads up! I had some legacy armor from the Alliance Crates that I was holding in my legacy bank and the mods didn't want to go into those, but i will try it again, or hit up the DvL vendors.

Thank you. :) That's true, there is Lemda. Totally forgot her, LOL. There are a couple one night stand/flirtish things after vanilla, but Lana's the only game in town for anyone who actually wants a F/F LTR with a companion.

I do agree that Lemda was an awful fling, though. I only played through that once because IMHO it's scripted with the PC coming on really strong and Lemda acting as though she can't stand them and is barely tolerating things. I felt like I was Doc, and that just made me really uncomfortable.

I liked Cytharat a lot more, even though I had no interest in having a character romance him.

I thought Cytharat was a more interesting character. If I remember he was somehow involved in Malgus' Rebellion and he was on Makeb to help out as an act of redemption. Which was already a much more interesting foundation than, what did they say Lemda was? A 'respected geophysicist?' Its been awhile... Katha Niar (the human woman from Makeb - too bad she's dead regardless of what you do) would have been an excellent romance option for both genders. One of the few characters in the game I get torn up over when they die.

First and foremost I want to say that I am happy they are including more options for female players that want female romance options. I'm very happy for those players.

Now, for a teeny tiny nitpick about this post in particular. There were no f/f romance options in the vanilla game but there was a flirtation with Lemda (available to both male and female characters) on Makeb. Now, I thought she was a terrible option but that might have just been because I was so mad at the time she got twice the screentime Cytharat did as the first m/m flirtation.

Honestly, though, I would be happy if both of those characters were brought back in some capacity (My poor Cytharat could be dead... so I won't hold my breath.)

^ This.

I'm all for all manner of lgbt relationships since I'm a bi bloke myself. But I have a feeling this is gonna go down the same rabbit hole as most games with such options, that being F/F romances being more popularized than m/m since they're widely viewed as more... "acceptable" and kinky even for strait players.

I don't necessarily want to push anyone to write a relationship for *me specifically* since I'm a roleplayer and have no issue RPing a woman with a woman or some such. It's not that important for me that everyone everywhere at all times much be represented in some way.

Edited by Kiesu

I thought Cytharat was a more interesting character. If I remember he was somehow involved in Malgus' Rebellion and he was on Makeb to help out as an act of redemption. Which was already a much more interesting foundation than, what did they say Lemda was? A 'respected geophysicist?' Its been awhile... Katha Niar (the human woman from Makeb - too bad she's dead regardless of what you do) would have been an excellent romance option for both genders. One of the few characters in the game I get torn up over when they die.

Yes, IIRC he was one of Malgus's former apprentices and was trying to make up for it by helping the Empire. I felt that was really interesting. He was so quiet and dignified and if you save him, he's so surprised, poor guy.

I loved Katha Niar as well. That death scene makes me so sad every time I see it. I think she would have been a better choice for a romance option than Lemda, for sure.

Lemda IIRC was the niece or daughter of the main Avesta patriarch that you work with on the Republic side? I usually skip Makeb now so I don't even remember, LOL. I liked that they had a woman in STEM, but her personality was so abrasive that I didn't like dealing with her, romance or not.

Look at the response I sent to her. I learned this a long time ago when I was actually doing ops and hard mode (master) flashpoints when they were fun.
Ah, my post crossed your reply, thanks. Indeed I was missing something! Thanks for that - sneaky; I like it. I've wasted so much time doing it the hard way. My alts are currently rejoicing :D

Oh and it looks like Best in Slot with the armor set bonuses WILL be obtainable through crafting, so the naysayers from the last couple of of months had a point. It's just that it won't be exclusively through crafting. You will, though, be able to buy BiS off the GTN and converting CC to credits can play a role in that.

As others have pointed out, though, Eric also said very specifically that there is one component that will only drop from MM Gods from the Machine. You WILL have to play that or spend a lot on the GTN to get the component for the gear.

He did mention the rare command crate drops too, but considering that 248 gear drops from those crates once in a blue moon as it is, I'm guessing that will almost never happen.

Actually the BIS gear won't be in command crate drops. Only the artifact 252 with set bonus, not the 258 Legendary Gear with set bonus.

From the live stream slide on the tier 5 gear:

Masterwork Armor is a tier 5 gear in SWTOR – item level 252 and 258. The set bonuses are the same as the previous sets. The stats distribution is the same, but obviously each piece will give you slightly bigger boost for each separate stat.

To acquire the Masterwork armor you need to earn it through gameplay and then a crafter to help you make it.

Here’s how you can get the new Masterwork Gear:

Crafters (Binds on Equip) – can acquire schematics from a trainer. To craft the gear you need materials from crew skills, Ossus, PvP, Conquests and Gods from the Machine bosses.

Gameplay (Binds on Pickup)gear can be purchases from a Reputation Vendor with Masterwork Shards (new currency, yes). Shards can be earned from a new special Weekly Mission, Ossus Weekly, Unassembled Components and Command Crates.

The lower (purple) version of the new gear – IR 252, can be obtained via Command Crates as rare drop at Rank 300 and from the Ossus World Boss Weekly

Tells us quite a bit more about it... including the fact that it really only offers minor stat upgrades from current teir 4. Not strictly available through crafting.... for example... but also behind an RNG wall for completing content. Also, they use the same set bonus, and there are no other new attributes to the armor that have been disclosed.

Maybe some of it will look so good a player "just has to have it for the skins"... but if past history is any indicator.. that would be a definite.. NO.

I will likely get a crafted set for my main and maybe one alt.. but beyond that this armor is simply not worth the time and resource investment in my view.

Edited by Andryah

Oh and it looks like Best in Slot with the armor set bonuses WILL be obtainable through crafting, so the naysayers from the last couple of of months had a point. It's just that it won't be exclusively through crafting. You will, though, be able to buy BiS off the GTN and converting CC to credits can play a role in that.

BIS will also be available by UCs which can be converted to masterwork shards. If I understand it correctly It does seem that it will be the case that getting it thru NiM Operations will be faster than by PVP [uC's coverted to Masterwork shards].. Personally, I'm okay with that [NiM Operations are the hardest content in the game] providing the differences in gearing time are not wide.

That said, craftable BIS gear is quite possibly the stupidest concept I've ever heard of for acquiring BIS gear and being able to get it through credits at all.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Another thing about the gear I'm annoyed with is that now apparently you are forced to complete (or let it autocomplete) all the story before and including Ossus in order to get the gear off the reputation vendor. The only way to avoid that is the expensive crafting route. I have a couple alts I still haven't finished Kotfe/Kotet on because it's such a slog but I still plan on getting through it eventually. I don't want choices made for me. Now I straight up won't be able to get BiS gear unless I finish the story or spend a lot of credits. I don't think it's pay to win or whatever some people argue but I fully expect to see an increase in gold seller spam when this patch comes out.

I mean maybe there is some way around this but they said the daily area is unlocked after completing Ossus, and starting Ossus means all previous story and alliance alerts are autocompleted. So I'm assuming you can't access the rep vendor and/or be able to do the dailies/weeklies for rep unless you've finished the story.

Thank you for the heads up! I had some legacy armor from the Alliance Crates that I was holding in my legacy bank and the mods didn't want to go into those, but i will try it again, or hit up the DvL vendors.

You are welcome. If those don't work there is some legacy armor on legacy vendors in the capital city (DK and Cor). I have the smuggler legacy one but all my characters can remove the mods from it so I know those should work.

I guess the next question (and maybe they answered this on the stream?) would be: what level will the new content be tuned to? I thought they'd originally said that the new content would not require the new gear but then they said that the GftM MM would require 252.

I don't play ops, but I *will* care if the flashpoints and other story/daily content is tuned up to require BiS or 240s gear. Since they're now level synching KOTFE and KOTET it makes me worry.

I guess the next question (and maybe they answered this on the stream?) would be: what level will the new content be tuned to? I thought they'd originally said that the new content would not require the new gear but then they said that the GftM MM would require 252.

I don't play ops, but I *will* care if the flashpoints and other story/daily content is tuned up to require BiS or 240s gear. Since they're now level synching KOTFE and KOTET it makes me worry.

Why would they retune flashpoints for new gear, absent a level cap increase?

OPs.. definitely I can see them putting in difficulty that encourages getting the new gear.... otherwise.. why bother.... as there is not challenge driven reason for getting newer gear.

They have never "readjusted" old content for new gear without having a levelcap increase. Only LVcap increase changes old content difficulties/gear req

Edited by Kiesu

BIS will also be available by UCs which can be converted to masterwork shards. If I understand it correctly It does seem that it will be the case that getting it thru NiM Operations will be faster than by PVP [uC's coverted to Masterwork shards].. Personally, I'm okay with that [NiM Operations are the hardest content in the game] providing the differences in gearing time are not wide.

That said, craftable BIS gear is quite possibly the stupidest concept I've ever heard of for acquiring BIS gear and being able to get it through credits at all.

NOT if a player is hoarding UCs well in advance so they can simply turbo-gear with the new gear on day one, hour one, IF there were no conversion throttle on UC-2-MWS. [The conversion rate.. in terms of a time/effort/resources formula does need to be tested well by players over on PTS in advance of the release going live, in my view]

As for craftable gear... I don't see the problem.. as it will take some time to actually work content for resources needed to actually make the gear. It's not like crafters are making PvP specific gear (since there is none now days) and have an advantage over any other pathway to the gear for the PvPer. If there were PvP specific gear still in game, then I would agree with you on this.. since generally PvPers will feel that every PvPer has to grind it out for gear parity through PvP.

Honestly.. it looks like the studio has (as is usually the case) established a time/effort ramp curve for estimated time to get a full set of Tier 5 on a character and that they are trying to make that time/effort ramp essentially similar no matter which pathway you choose to pursue to get the gear. Now.. as impatient players we may say the slope of the curve is too shallow... but that is a completely different discussion (and goes once again to the fact that MMOs are generally tuned to some target of time and effort for the average player to complete any given effort or task in game.

Further.. the whole UC-2-MWS route pretty well torpedoes the PvP only players complaints about having to work PvE for the gear and/or earn the credits to buy the gear from other players.

This actually appears to be better thought out by the studio then most players give them credit for. But of course, it's possible the studio goes live with incorrect parameters set such that the time/effort curves are not roughly equal for all the different pathways to tier 5 gear. They did not do a good job with time/effort fairness on GC when they launched that.. so yeah.. we need to keep an eye on what they do and pushback if they borked up any of the possible pathways to tier 5 compared to other pathways... but that will be easy to sort out over on the PTS and given them feedback about adjustments needed.

One thing I like though is by having multiple pathways.. they give players not just one way... but numerous ways to get tier 5 pieces. I would bet that a lot of players will in fact do a hybrid approach.... using some UCs for gear, just buying some gear as well, and working in game resources and effort to feed crafters for gear in lieu of paying with credits. Originally... we were all led to believe crafting was the only way to get the gear... period. Yesterday corrected that understanding.

Edited by Andryah

Why would they retune flashpoints for new gear, absent a level cap increase?

OPs.. definitely I can see them putting in difficulty that encourages getting the new gear.... otherwise.. why bother.... as there is not challenge driven reason for getting newer gear.

You're not understanding me. I'm not asking if they are going to retune the OLD content. I'm asking what gear level the content will be tuned for going forward. I specifically said "what will the NEW content be tuned to?"

If the next story/flashpoint/dailies will require 240+ gear it will be an issue for a lot of players.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

NOT if a player is hoarding UCs well in advance so they can simply turbo-gear with the new gear on day one, hour one, IF there were no conversion throttle on UC-2-MWS. [The conversion rate.. in terms of a time/effort/resources formula does need to be tested well by players over on PTS in advance of the release going live, in my view.

No they cannot. There is a weekly legacy limit on how much you can buy with UC, and the price of UC gear gets more expensive each buy. This was stated in the livestream.

You're not understanding me. I'm not asking if they are going to retune the OLD content. I'm asking what gear level the content will be tuned for going forward. I specifically said "what will the NEW content be tuned to?"

If the next story/flashpoint/dailies will require 240+ gear it will be an issue for a lot of players.

Well Keith stated something that I think most people missed. When he was in chat I think someone asked about a level increased and he said not yet but it will raise to 75 which sounds to me next year there will be a level increase.

And I stated that absent a level cap increase... they would have no reason to boost gear requirements for flashpoints.. new or old. :) And certainly not story or even dailies. Ops... that can be a different story entirely... since they have starved OPs for the last couple years and players tend to consider OPs in hard modes to be THE top of group endgame and hence needing the best gear. Some players are not happy with OPs unless you "bleed and take frequent dirt naps" in trying to complete them.

I think it is clear there will be no level cap change until 6.0.. and as such.. your questions does not become relevant until 6.0.

Edited by Andryah

I honestly thought Khem Val was done when it came to the Nathaman Conspiracy. well at least i get to have my Morose monster back! :D:D

Me too! I'm so happy Khem Val is coming back, I missed him dearly all these years.

You are welcome. If those don't work there is some legacy armor on legacy vendors in the capital city (DK and Cor). I have the smuggler legacy one but all my characters can remove the mods from it so I know those should work.

Don't forget the vendors on Fleet's Supplies section as well, they sell bound-on-pick-up gear with dps/tank/healer mods, as well as legacy gear shells for credits. They're also pretty cheap so it's easy to get them.

They have never "readjusted" old content for new gear without having a levelcap increase. Only LVcap increase changes old content difficulties/gear req

The MFPs could adapt it. But I do not hope so.

5.10 will come in December ... :( I was hoping that it will be in early November. Since 6.0 will take forever. :(:(

....Since 6.0 will take forever. :(:(

My guess-prediction is 6.0 won't be available until well after the launch of EA's "big title" Anthem which is out 22nd Feb '19. I'm guess-predicting 6.0 to be released in March or April 2019. I think there will be a few more mini-updates before then or maybe an event or two.