1st look at new Star Wars series "The Mandolorian"

ImmortalLowlife

I really wonder why are they desperately trying to avoid making anything with heavy focus on force users and the philosophy of the Sith and Jedi which is the most interesting part of star wars, the adventures of Darth bane and Zhana and the later duos is an excellent example but no, we need another generic action tv series

I suspect the budget for a live action show featuring lots of force users would be out of control. I suspect that budget might have something to do with it.

I am a firm believer that Lucas put constraints on what Disney can and can't do with his Star Wars universe i.e. going into Yoda's backstory, no more newly created Jedi or Sith (hence Inquistors and Padwans in Rebels) and Luke never getting married or having children.

In 2005, during the various Star Wars Celebrations conventions and press for Revenge of the Sith, Lucas let it be known he was working on two TV series, one animation "The Clone Wars" and one Live-Action Series focusing on background type characters Bounty Hunters, Smugglers, Rebel and Imperial TIE pilots etc.

This Live-Action series is a continuation of Disney using Lucas-era leftovers (see also the upcoming unfinished-now being finished #CloneWarsSaved episodes) for new product. Which is why it is Bounty Hunter/Underworld/1313 influence heavy. Sooner or later, and it appears to be sooner, Disney is going to run out of Lucas leftovers.

Last month Bob Iger gave an interview with TheHollywoodReporter.com indicating that Star Wars releases will be slowed down. However it's probably too late given there has already been 4 movies and 3 animated series (Rebels, Forces of Disney, Lego "Adventures of the Freemaker" or some such). That is not even counting what is in the pipeline for 2019:

- IX (lol)

- Resistance (lol)

- Clone Wars final episodes

- "The Mandalorian".

Edited by jimmorrisson

Guess it's time for Mando'ade to be hollowed out and desecrated to send a message. No, with Kathleen Kennedy getting 3 more years and Bob Iger blaming fan fatigue for what insultingly poor quality caused I have no confidence in this project. It will make the Pacifist Mandos arc in The Clone Wars look like the Neo-Crusaders.

Dave Filoni minus Lucas is horrible (See Rebels and Resistance.) Favereau on the other hand is a plus given his involvement with The Clone Wars and Marvel, which unlike Star Wars, was not damaged by Disney. (Although recently Marvel is experiencing the same social political divide among "fans").

FYI, Lucas was developing a Star Wars Underworld style Live Acton Series. The Disney cancelled video game "Star Wars 1313" was loosely tied to it.

It speaks volumes Disney and Filoni raiding unused material from Clone Wars and Lucas-era Live Action Series development instead of trying to create their own. Speaking of Lucas-era, much as we like to bash EAware over it's crate gearing and server merging decisions it is still light years above anything Disney has put out so far in terms of story and design.

Yes I am pro-Lucas and anti-Disney come @ me.

Rebels was awsome but each their own. Loved both rebels and clone wars he did a great job on both.

Guess it's time for Mando'ade to be hollowed out and desecrated to send a message. No, with Kathleen Kennedy getting 3 more years and Bob Iger blaming fan fatigue for what insultingly poor quality caused I have no confidence in this project. It will make the Pacifist Mandos arc in The Clone Wars look like the Neo-Crusaders.

If they are still keeping Kathleen Kennedy then that will put the nail in the coffin of star wars Disney since she's the one screwing it up with all her PC and crap. After what she did with The Last Jedi I decided to move on from their version of star wars. Didnt see Solo at the movies, and wont watch anything else. But will look into what Dave puts out in the future. Its a real shame that the very person that worked along side Lucas is the one destroying what he had made.