merging accounts

Calwred

I started a second account for trades and the like before I got a legacy bank, so I wouldn't have to ask guild mates to help with trades to equip alts and I played it a while also and have some lvl 70 alts on there, I am hoping that there is a way to merge these 2 accounts, they both have the same legacy name on them, one has about 55 alts and the other is about 17 alts but I wish the 17 one merged and added onto the 55 one so I have to pay only for 1 account a month, not 2.

I have heard trying it would break the accounts, but what do they mean by breaking the account, would both accounts become unplayable or what.

and I will miss going to the NY cantina event, I was already making plans to go and wished to talk to Keith, and Eric about the game, but these questions are hard to do during a live evet, better to do on the side.

I started a second account for trades and the like before I got a legacy bank, so I wouldn't have to ask guild mates to help with trades to equip alts and I played it a while also and have some lvl 70 alts on there, I am hoping that there is a way to merge these 2 accounts, they both have the same legacy name on them, one has about 55 alts and the other is about 17 alts but I wish the 17 one merged and added onto the 55 one so I have to pay only for 1 account a month, not 2.

I have heard trying it would break the accounts, but what do they mean by breaking the account, would both accounts become unplayable or what.

and I will miss going to the NY cantina event, I was already making plans to go and wished to talk to Keith, and Eric about the game, but these questions are hard to do during a live evet, better to do on the side.

Nope. They can't & won't merge accounts.

I really wish they would look at doing this. I have 3 accounts and I don’t use 2 of them. But I have some old armor opened up that I can’t get anymore.

I was able to merge my world of Warcraft and GW2 accounts. I can’t see any reason, except a technical one for not letting us merge swtor accounts.

I really wish they would look at doing this. I have 3 accounts and I don’t use 2 of them. But I have some old armor opened up that I can’t get anymore.

I was able to merge my world of Warcraft and GW2 accounts. I can’t see any reason, except a technical one for not letting us merge swtor accounts.

Is the armor bound? If not, why not just mail it over?

I was considering making a second account to see if F2P was significantly more difficult than the current setup, but wanted to make sure my chars looked nice, had rocket boots, etc. So just mail creds, unlocks and armor over.

Is the armor bound? If not, why not just mail it over?

I was considering making a second account to see if F2P was significantly more difficult than the current setup, but wanted to make sure my chars looked nice, had rocket boots, etc. So just mail creds, unlocks and armor over.

It’s cartel market gear that’s been equiped and opened up on collection

Easy. They don't want people buying accounts and then getting them merged into one account.

well they are 2 of my own accounts not bought accounts, I did consider buying a account when I first started but never did, and mailing items to other alts, I don't think would have worked, because what if you needed it right then for a quest with your friends, it would have taken to long to mail.

well they are 2 of my own accounts not bought accounts, I did consider buying a account when I first started but never did, and mailing items to other alts, I don't think would have worked, because what if you needed it right then for a quest with your friends, it would have taken to long to mail.

When you mail an item to a character on the same account it gets delivered instantly! There is no wait time for your legacy.

Different business models = different considerations with respect to adding a service to merge accounts.

GW2 = Buy To Play

WoW = Buy current expac + sub.

Both of the above require an upfront commitment of real money and as such... are not prone to superficial, or exploitative, account creations.

When you have a Free-2-Play MMO with a subscriber option, account proliferation becomes an issue, and as such... there is more opportunity for people to exploit the model... and then try to play shenanigans with either account merges or account splits (something some MMOs offer). It also opens the door to proliferation of "leveled accounts" by the RMT business... and that is an exploit that must be avoided.

I certainly understand that there are some players have a genuine and sincere want/need for such a service... but they are very likely a small fraction of players and the negative effects such a system opens up is simply not worth the risk or hassle for the studio or the larger playerbase.

Not to mention, we have this whole Legacy system in this game... so merging accounts can create bad side effects within that system in the process. Not to mention the studio would have to code for it, and code for safeguards. Since we all generally feel that content release pace is too slow right now... THIS is NOT a thing to spend resources on.