Class Titles Unlockable For Level 60/65 Token Characters?

Ylliarus

I was wondering how people would feel about such a thing. The idea would be of course that the class titles such as Lord, Darth, Master etc. etc. wouldn't be unlockable for just anyone. The condition for unlocking a specific class as a level 60/65 token character would of course be that the class has to have been completed in the player's legacy previously. So for example if you'd make a Sith Sorcerer level 60/65 token character and you have previously finished that class on another toon, you'd be able to unlock the class titles through Legacy. Another example could be this: you make a level 60/65 token Sith Juggernaut but have not completed the class previously in your Legacy. Until you complete the Sith Warrior class from level 1, you cannot unlock the class titles in Legacy for the level 60/65 token character.

So how would people feel about something like this? Do people think this would be a nice QoL improvement or should level 60/65 token characters have no access to the class titles like they do currently? Should that be the case even if you have already completed the class previously and thus already earned it once? I am very curious as to your thoughts about this!

"If you want the thing, do the work to get the thing." I feel like the class story titles should continue to be a special reward for those who put in the time to do the entire class story from beginning to end on that specific character.

As we all know if we have alts, even if you did the story on one character it doesn't lessen the work required to complete the class story on any others.

I feel like it's different from, say, the reputation-based legacy titles because as we also know, you can have numerous characters running dailies or going through the story to get those titles. It's a case where many of your alts might pitch in to get to that Legendary status. And when you achieve it on one there's no notification that you've fulfilled the requirements to get it on another (so you could technically be earning the title on every character anyway). So it makes sense that *those* titles are shared.

IF they did institute an unlock I think it would have to be with the stipulation you required, that you had to have already completed that class story on at least one or two alts.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

IF they did institute an unlock I think it would have to be with the stipulation you required, that you had to have already completed that class story on at least one or two alts.

Oh yeah I definitely agree with this, hence why I said it shouldn't become available to just anyone. The condition therefore sounds perfectly acceptable to me too because as you said, if you want something you should work for it. But then at the same time, for those who are altoholics it might at some point feel like "hey, I think I earned that title by now".

Mainly having unlockable titles for 60/65 token characters would be a huge boon to roleplayers if they want to make a character for a guild event or story to act as an NPC or antagonist or perhaps just a new character introduced in the particular story arch their guild or friends are working on.

Again, it definitely should have some strings attached like having to have completed the story on at least 1 or 2 alts. I get of course the class titles are very special titles and I consider them that myself, but I believe that at some point, after having finished a class story multiple times, you have earned the right to an easier way of obtaining them. But of course, people are more than free to disagree with that view! ^_^

Honestly? Buy a 70s char and make class history )http://dulfy.net/2017/11/21/swtor-masters-datacron-instant-level-70-boost-info/)

..... Or make a new char from level 1. :rolleyes: What else do you want? A char that comes complete with 100% legacy? :mad:

Oh I am not asking it for myself, because I wouldn't even have any use for it as I love playing through the class stories. It was just something that was brought up in the Discord server I am part of and I was asked to bring it to the SWTOR forums. It would just be a small QoL improvement for those who are altoholics and have played the class stories enough times that they feel they have earned the title for level 60/65 token characters by now. As our Discord server is based around RP, it would mainly be a QoL improvement for Roleplayers. Often they want to create a character for a story arc they are making with their guild or friends, or an NPC or even antagonist. It adds to the immersion if that character has the titles but since usually level 60/65 tokens are used for that the titles aren't available. Again, it wouldn't be anything major, just a small QoL improvement with the condition that you have to have had completed the class story before. Surely such a small suggestion or idea doesn't warrant any sarcasm, hmm? ;)

Edited by Ylliarus

If you have done the classes stories so often, you have enough chars for the RP. A name change is even cheaper than a 65 token. :p Appearance change does not cost the world either. Even if the char is not 65-70. Leveling is very fast.

As I said before, I am not asking this for myself... please do pay attention to what I write. Also, what if someone is playing their main already and wants a second character for roleplay? Or a third? They won't throw away one character to start a new one, or change them if they're actively using them in RP.

I really don't understand where your opposition comes from. This will not impact you or your gameplay. It would be a small QoL feature for those who want it, but those who don't can completely ignore it. Why is this such an issue to you?

Edited by Ylliarus

As I said before, I am not asking this for myself... please do pay attention to what I write. Also, what if someone is playing their main already and wants a second character for roleplay? Or a third? They won't throw away one character to start a new one, or change them if they're actively using them in RP.

I really don't understand where your opposition comes from. This will not impact you or your gameplay. It would be a small QoL feature for those who want it, but those who don't can completely ignore it. Why is this such an issue to you?

This is about the principle. They are constantly changing things because people howl. Then nobody asks if the others want it or not. You get the titles when you complete the class story. If it comes up it takes at most 3-4 hours. Especially if you use the 70s token. You do not need the titles for RP. You do not even run through the area and have your name over your head. The titles should be for people who pull even with their hundredth Char still through the class story. At least, that's a little recognition for the people who do not have their money so easy.

I do not believe you that you speak for someone else. At least there you can be completely honest. :rolleyes:

I was wondering how people would feel about such a thing. The idea would be of course that the class titles such as Lord, Darth, Master etc. etc. wouldn't be unlockable for just anyone. The condition for unlocking a specific class as a level 60/65 token character would of course be that the class has to have been completed in the player's legacy previously. So for example if you'd make a Sith Sorcerer level 60/65 token character and you have previously finished that class on another toon, you'd be able to unlock the class titles through Legacy. Another example could be this: you make a level 60/65 token Sith Juggernaut but have not completed the class previously in your Legacy. Until you complete the Sith Warrior class from level 1, you cannot unlock the class titles in Legacy for the level 60/65 token character.

So how would people feel about something like this? Do people think this would be a nice QoL improvement or should level 60/65 token characters have no access to the class titles like they do currently? Should that be the case even if you have already completed the class previously and thus already earned it once? I am very curious as to your thoughts about this!

I think getting titles through legacy would be fine. It addresses the fairness of having earned the title, and it's fair to those who pay the big bucks to get the insta 60/65. Edit: I would probably include the proviso that they had to have played the stories through at least 3 times.

I have no problem with this, but it has to be through legacy and the player must have earned the title previously.

Edited by Lunafox

I think getting titles through legacy would be fine. It addresses the fairness of having earned the title, and it's fair to those who pay the big bucks to get the insta 60/65. Edit: I would probably include the proviso that they had to have played the stories through at least 3 times.

I have no problem with this, but it has to be through legacy and the player must have earned the title previously.

With 3x per class I would agree. ;)

Excuse me if the question sounds a bit stupid, but if the title is simply "Darth" or "Master", why not just name the 60/65 token char Master X or Darth Y while creating the character ?

That being said, if it something that is unlocked through legacy once the class stories are already done several times or maybe also locked behind having played through the 8 class stories before it being available, i would not mind.

Excuse me if the question sounds a bit stupid, but if the title is simply "Darth" or "Master", why not just name the 60/65 token char Master X or Darth Y while creating the character ?

That being said, if it something that is unlocked through legacy once the class stories are already done several times or maybe also locked behind having played through the 8 class stories before it being available, i would not mind.

That's not a bad workaround. Good idea really.

That's not a bad workaround. Good idea really.

Naming Policy

When creating a character or guild name for Star Wars: The Old Republic, it is encouraged that you select a name that reflects the theme of the game. The guidelines listed below outline the types of names that you can NOT use, and apply to both player or character names, as well as guild names.

You may not use any names that violate the General Rules. This includes the use of names that are hateful, defamatory, racist, ethnically offensive, obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, or any other language that is offensive in nature.

You may not use names that are harassing or defamatory to other players or employees of EA, BioWare or LucasArts, e.g. EASUX, Timsretarded, and Biowaresux.

You may not use names of any EA, BioWare, or LucasArts employee or service related to Star Wars: The Old Republic.

You may not use names of copyrighted or trademarked characters, materials or products, e.g. Coca-Cola or Dr. Pepper.

You may not use names from popular culture or media, e.g. Lady Gaga or George Lucas.

You may not use names that are religiously or historically significant, e.g. Jesus, Winston Churchill.

You may not use proper names of areas within Star Wars for character names. Guild names, however, MAY use the proper names of specific areas to help promote role-playing and realm pride, e.g. Defenders of Tython or Protectors of Hutta.

You may not use proper names of non-player characters within Star Wars: The Old Republic, e.g. Darth Malgus, Satele Shan, Yoda, Darth Vader or Luke Skywalker.

You may not use names containing titles or ranks within them, e.g. General Supertrooper, Captain Tim, Darth Timmy, Knight Wakey.

You may not use names that refer to drugs or that are drug related.

You may not use names that contain an inappropriate phrase, sentence or any fragment of a sentence or Leet speak, e.g. uberhaxer, xxspeederxx, lolface, rofl, Noobwhacker, TimmyF**k, kock, fuk.

You may not use misspellings or alternative spellings of names that violate any of the above rules, e.g. Hamsolo, Yooda, DorthVader.

You may not use gibberish names when creating character, e.g. ajsdu, rifndsw, qweszs.

found in:

http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct

I do not believe you that you speak for someone else. At least there you can be completely honest. :rolleyes:

I am sad you think that way. Would you like an invite to the Discord server I spoke of to verify it yourself? It's centered around the Spheres of Influence of the Sith Empire. It's mainly focused on RP but if you'd like to check it out yourself then I could throw you an invite!

This is about the principle. They are constantly changing things because people howl.

Not howling here, just asking for other people's opinion. I am saddened by the fact you see me in a bad light, as if I want everything to be handed to me on a silver platter. If you had read my OP closely then you would have seen that's not what I want. I merely started the thread to see what people generally were thinking about it, not "howling" for anything myself. As I said before, I'd have no use for it. Is it so hard to believe that I am not talking about anything for myself here?

Same thoughts here, let it be 3 times sure! It sounds reasonable and fair to me. I absolutely agree there should be a strong condition onto it before someone could unlock it through Legacy. If people consider three times to be fair then I absolutely fully agree!

Naming Policy

When creating a character or guild name for Star Wars: The Old Republic, it is encouraged that you select a name that reflects the theme of the game. The guidelines listed below outline the types of names that you can NOT use, and apply to both player or character names, as well as guild names.

You may not use any names that violate the General Rules. This includes the use of names that are hateful, defamatory, racist, ethnically offensive, obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, or any other language that is offensive in nature.

You may not use names that are harassing or defamatory to other players or employees of EA, BioWare or LucasArts, e.g. EASUX, Timsretarded, and Biowaresux.

You may not use names of any EA, BioWare, or LucasArts employee or service related to Star Wars: The Old Republic.

You may not use names of copyrighted or trademarked characters, materials or products, e.g. Coca-Cola or Dr. Pepper.

You may not use names from popular culture or media, e.g. Lady Gaga or George Lucas.

You may not use names that are religiously or historically significant, e.g. Jesus, Winston Churchill.

You may not use proper names of areas within Star Wars for character names. Guild names, however, MAY use the proper names of specific areas to help promote role-playing and realm pride, e.g. Defenders of Tython or Protectors of Hutta.

You may not use proper names of non-player characters within Star Wars: The Old Republic, e.g. Darth Malgus, Satele Shan, Yoda, Darth Vader or Luke Skywalker.

You may not use names containing titles or ranks within them, e.g. General Supertrooper, Captain Tim, Darth Timmy, Knight Wakey.

You may not use names that contain an inappropriate phrase, sentence or any fragment of a sentence or Leet speak, e.g. uberhaxer, xxspeederxx, lolface, rofl, Noobwhacker, TimmyF**k, kock, fuk.

You may not use misspellings or alternative spellings of names that violate any of the above rules, e.g. Hamsolo, Yooda, DorthVader.

You may not use gibberish names when creating character, e.g. ajsdu, rifndsw, qweszs.

found in:

And precisely this. I know people who have tried to put Lord or Darth in their name at creation, which didn't work. Then they tried workarounds but they received prompts from Customer Service to change their names in the end anyway. So it doesn't work and isn't a viable route to walk. There are some titles that do work though, I noticed.

Edited by Ylliarus

Naming Policy

found in:

Ah my bad, thanks for the correction.