Next tier only available from crafting? Guess I'm quitting unless BOLSTER IS CAPPED

FourPawnBenoni

This is false. The reason why doing multiple types of content is the fastest way to gear is because doing HM EV/KP, and sm GoTM, and doing PvP or GSF is the fastest way of currently getting gear. Doing it this way makes the crates irrelevant, unless your specifically looking for the 52B mods, or the 52 tanking enhancements (high endurance enhancements). You get the 242 tokens from the Ops, then get UC's from either PvP or GSF to upgrade those from 242's to 248's. Obviously the implants you can't do this with from those operations listed, however it speeds up the gearing time. Gearing solely from one activity will definitely take you longer to gear, and I truly believe BW did it this way intentionally to get people to play more the one type of content.

But not everyone likes organised group content. Bioware should know this considering one of their early developers understood the concept of solo players.

I get trying to lure people into playing other content, but they shouldn’t be overly penalised if they don’t like it. Especially if you are a pvper who actually needs the best gear available to pvp against people who have the best gear from doing ops.

The simplest solutions are having seperate pvp gear or bolster at max gear level. Bioware can then lure people into playing pvp with vanity rewards from vendors using a pvp specific currency.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is false. The reason why doing multiple types of content is the fastest way to gear is because doing HM EV/KP, and sm GoTM, and doing PvP or GSF is the fastest way of currently getting gear. Doing it this way makes the crates irrelevant, unless your specifically looking for the 52B mods, or the 52 tanking enhancements (high endurance enhancements). You get the 242 tokens from the Ops, then get UC's from either PvP or GSF to upgrade those from 242's to 248's. Obviously the implants you can't do this with from those operations listed, however it speeds up the gearing time. Gearing solely from one activity will definitely take you longer to gear, and I truly believe BW did it this way intentionally to get people to play more the one type of content.

Well I don't know what magic makes you think gearing is faster trough any other means than getting free gear tokens at the side of boxes! Farming HM/NIM is the fastest way to gear just because you get ready tokens. It's like double the speed of box-only content. I don't even have time to run most ops weekly and I've found it's still the most time efficient way to gear up a new toon.

Maybe if you have enough time to do all ops and then some, since lockouts, you'd be correct. With limited playtime in mind, no, the UC gain rate from PVP gets out-shined by the rate of NIM UC drops.

This is literally how everyone hm/nim raid-able player i know (me included) gears their characters, because it's the fastest way. PVP UC is just bonus since we all like pvp too, but definitely not faster than doing NIM.

Edited by Kiesu

For the record CXP gearing in this game is mostly done in the form of LBL (Last Boss Lockout) Operations and Planetary Weeklies which yeild high CXP rewards (which was a result of an unintentional bug). Even then the LBL opartions (mostly EV, KP, DP, and DF) and weeklies are done during Double CXP events.