'fan-favourite characters'

Paulsutherland

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the takeaway from that chapter was that there were several Shrouds, but I've only seen it on YouTube.

But the Shroud is specifically mentioned as a possible suspect during Iokath, along with Darth Jadus, so he seems to still be operating in everyone's world even after KOTET.

The Shroud is only mentioned as a possible suspect if you don't do the bonus chapter. If you do the bonus chapter before Iokath, Lana will say that she would have mentioned the Shroud but we've resolved that issue (or something to that effect).

Z0-0M is the Shroud (and I think has been for quite awhile).

The Shroud is only mentioned as a possible suspect if you don't do the bonus chapter. If you do the bonus chapter before Iokath, Lana will say that she would have mentioned the Shroud but we've resolved that issue (or something to that effect).

Z0-0M is the Shroud (and I think has been for quite awhile).

Aha. So the Shroud is off the list of available characters, then.

6. Shroud (ETA no)

As someone else said the Shroud is Z0-0M which you discover when doing the chapter.

16. Tora and the rest of Koth's crew
If you choose the kill Koth option don't you pretty much ensure his defector crew gets spaced alive rather than allowed to get to escape pods? On my evil Sith they are dead to me, except Tora ( who would have made a better companion than Koth I think).

Do you think whatever 5.10 is will be a repeat of Iokath and the Acina/Malcom choice? I can't get it out of my mind all we're going to be doing is adding to the KIA list.

Based on what Keith's roadmap said, Yes. Even though it was previously stated they would not take this style of gameplay again, they are doing it. BUT is even they do that, it is only the lead in to 6.0 so I can live with it. Especially if the kill option is for

Lana. How my Sith has been forced by the story to allowed Lana's incompetence to slide is beyond me, Even if they have an option to leave her dead like Theron did I will be happy

Edited by Sarova

If you choose the kill Koth option don't you pretty much ensure his defector crew gets spaced alive rather than allowed to get to escape pods? On my evil Sith they are dead to me, except Tora ( who would have made a better companion than Koth I think).

I don't know, I've never killed Koth and the last you see of them in Nathema they're running on the Gravestone. But Lana says there aren't any casualties at the end of the flashpoint which would imply they survived.

And I have to love how people are still clamoring to remove the only F/F romance from the game, knowing full well it will ruin things even for people who want her around. Thanks so much.

Again, I am SO sorry I ever campaigned against a kill option for Theron. And if Lana is killed as a result of fans wailing for it, I'm going to campaign for every single new male LI to be killable and bricked. Hey, if they don't care about keeping anything in the game for F/F players, I don't care about the straight women or what they want.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

I don't know, I've never killed Koth and the last you see of them in Nathema they're running on the Gravestone. But Lana says there aren't any casualties at the end of the flashpoint which would imply they survived.

And I have to love how people are still clamoring to remove the only F/F romance from the game, knowing full well it will ruin things even for people who want her around. Thanks so much.

Again, I am SO sorry I ever campaigned against a kill option for Theron. And if Lana is killed as a result of fans wailing for it, I'm going to campaign for every single new male LI to be killable and bricked. Hey, if they don't care about keeping anything in the game for F/F players, I don't care about the straight women or what they want.

No offense but ... you're kind of just doing what she is. For example, I have never wanted a kill option for Lana but just because some other people do you'd be perfectly happy screwing with any possible LIs that my characters have simply because some other people do.

And honestly I don't think Sarova is even thinking about Lana as an LI, she's probably just thinking she hates Lana and wants to have her killed off. Sarova's not being particularly considerate of others but she's not deliberately targeting Lana because Lana is the only F/F option.

No offense but ... you're kind of just doing what she is. For example, I have never wanted a kill option for Lana but just because some other people do you'd be perfectly happy screwing with any possible LIs that my characters have simply because some other people do.

And honestly I don't think Sarova is even thinking about Lana as an LI, she's probably just thinking she hates Lana and wants to have her killed off. Sarova's not being particularly considerate of others but she's not deliberately targeting Lana because Lana is the only F/F option.

Oh, I fully admit I'm descending to her level on this, and rationally, I probably wouldn't do that in reality. I've always thought it's extremely petty to want someone else's LI interest killed because yours was killed off, but after reading so many of these requests - again, I'm extremely sorry I ever wasted any energy to try to help some of these fans keep their LI.

I don't think she cares one way or the other that Lana is bisexual, no. But it's upsetting to me that after how often we've talked about how a kill option for one = a kill option for all, and how Lana is literally the only F/F they have ever put in the game and is very important for that population, people still want her gone with no regard to what it means to other players. It's like F/F players are invisible and we don't count.

Oh, I fully admit I'm descending to her level on this, and rationally, I probably wouldn't do that in reality. I've always thought it's extremely petty to want someone else's LI interest killed because yours was killed off, but after reading so many of these requests - again, I'm extremely sorry I ever wasted any energy to try to help some of these fans keep their LI.

I don't think she cares one way or the other that Lana is bisexual, no. But it's upsetting to me that after how often we've talked about how a kill option for one = a kill option for all, and how Lana is literally the only F/F they have ever put in the game and is very important for that population, people still want her gone with no regard to what it means to other players. It's like F/F players are invisible and we don't count.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Personally, I very much appreciate that you were against a kill option for Theron. Maybe just keep in mind that not everyone who didn't romance Lana wants her dead.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Personally, I very much appreciate that you were against a kill option for Theron. Maybe just keep in mind that not everyone who didn't romance Lana wants her dead.

Thank you very much. It's really appreciated. :) I hate the kill options overall, and I hate that so many players have stopped hearing from their LIs because of them. I also hate how some people don't care how the kill-and-brick affects others. As we've said, if killing a companion only affected one's own game it would be a non-issue but that isn't the case.

But you're right, I do know a lot of people don't want a kill option for Lana or other LIs even if they dislike them or didn't romance them, and I do appreciate that very much. Thanks for talking me off the roof here. :)

While I don't think Lana is a good fit for my republic characters I would never ask for her to be killed. I have had to deal with that with Koth and not something I would wish for any one else.

While I don't think Lana is a good fit for my republic characters I would never ask for her to be killed. I have had to deal with that with Koth and not something I would wish for any one else.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate that! :)

I'm really sorry they've silenced Koth and don't seem remember those who romanced him or kept him alive. IMHO he should have had a romance segment in Nathema just like all the other KOTET LIs. I didn't romance him but I still have missed hearing from him.

If Koth defects, the only named characters he takes with him are Len and (sometimes) Ralo. His crew would be mostly different if he's a traitor. And Tora isn't a part of it.

Also, I believe his new crew escapes the Gravestone even if you kill him. It is mentioned that buying them time was the reason he helps you.

Edited by OldVengeance

Thank you very much. It's really appreciated. :) I hate the kill options overall, and I hate that so many players have stopped hearing from their LIs because of them. I also hate how some people don't care how the kill-and-brick affects others. As we've said, if killing a companion only affected one's own game it would be a non-issue but that isn't the case.

But you're right, I do know a lot of people don't want a kill option for Lana or other LIs even if they dislike them or didn't romance them, and I do appreciate that very much. Thanks for talking me off the roof here. :)

Yep same here.

While Lana is not in a relationship with any of my main characters, i still like her as a character, because no matter what she's still a strong and independant woman, she's somewhat of a sister figure for my JK, who risked her own life to save her frozen bottom out of carbonite. They often disagree on pretty much everything but they're both pragmatic women with different view on things who have very different backgrounds and beliefs, but they're able to go over this to do what is best, i like that dynamic between them (i actually like when the companions stand for what they believe in a speak their mind rather than being very submissive, that makes them feel more like real people to me)

And while, i don't really care anymore now because all of my characters LIs are pretty much dead (the only one among the Lis i really liked who has no kill option is unfortunately so meaningless now that it's quite the same), that's not something i wish to anyone else...

Edited by Goreshaga

Yep same here.

While Lana is not in a relationship with any of my main characters, i still like her as a character, because no matter what she's still a strong and independant woman, she's somewhat of a sister figure for my JK, who risked her own life to save her frozen bottom out of carbonite. They often disagree on pretty much everything but they're both pragmatic women with different view on things who have very different backgrounds and beliefs, but they're able to go over this to do what is best, i like that dynamic between them (i actually like when the companions stand for what they believe in a speak their mind rather than being very submissive, that makes them feel more like real people to me)

And while, i don't really care anymore now because all of my characters LIs are pretty much dead (the only one among the Lis i really liked who has no kill option is unfortunately so meaningless now that it's quite the same), that's not something i wish to anyone else...

Thank you so much!! :) I agree, it's really nice to see how Lana interacts with others of differing views and can come to common ground so much of the time.

I kinda feel like giving y'all hugs now, so *hugs* ! :D

... I don't think this thread went the way kodrac thought it would lol

Absolutely!! Hugs all around!! :D

Based on what Keith's roadmap said, Yes. Even though it was previously stated they would not take this style of gameplay again, they are doing it. BUT is even they do that, it is only the lead in to 6.0 so I can live with it. Especially if the kill option is for

Lana. How my Sith has been forced by the story to allowed Lana's incompetence to slide is beyond me, Even if they have an option to leave her dead like Theron did I will be happy

As much as I would love that, I really doubt they would ever give Lana a kill option, she's the untouchable and precious Lana that we may be stuck with for all eternity. They'll probably bring back Scourge and Khem and give them a Virmire choice and brick both instead. I heard that Lana may leave in the future if your character makes certain choices and if that's the only way to get rid of her then I hope we get to know what those choices are and that it's not too late to make them. So far our companions are:

Kill + brick count:

-Theron

-Koth

-Vette

-Torian

-Arcann

-Senya

-Kaliyo

-Jorgan

-Quinn

Also not companions but Acina and Jace were erased from the story after their kill option as well

Erased from the story but no kill:

-Dorne

-T7

-Temple

-Gault

-Corso

-Risha

-Ashara

-Andronikos

-Mako

-Akaavi

-All companions returned through alliance alerts such as Talos or Bowdarr

Safe from death, active in the story:

-Lana

-Hylo Viz

The one my friend and I hate above all others is the one we're perpetually stuck with. I really really hope that mention of her leaving based on your choices is true (and happens asap).

Edited by Nefla

If i am correct ...both Torian and Theron have been written out of the story completely?? The only two romance comps in the Whole Entire GAME for women and lgbtq ...hey why am i suprised miss princess no stink sticks around romance in tact, while we are completely hosed. Don't get me wrong princess lana is a good best friend .As to everyone else..well Khem just magically showed up on my Sorc's ship, my warrior ( if theron is gone ) has pierce left..everyone else is dead..well we don't know about jaesa but if she is darkside she is dead my toon is light and so was she ..I even chose Torian the whole time just to make a point..he was the best romance of the original story lines plus it doesn't help all the companions from original story line just magically were imperial other then jorgan whom btw was a FEMALE ROMANCE option . Not that i cared if the litter box boy was the one to die but still not the point..gah..being an imp and a woman seems to be all kinds of wrong with the game some how... Edited by Iceslasher
no female romance companions left just saw they are both dead and removed from game

WAIT ..Where is Theron ....he BETTER have a role in all this -.- all of my toons have romanced him other then my bh of course...especially my warrior who has Pierce so far...everyone else is dead..that is going to be one lonely ship and yeah i like lana she is a good friend but untouchable..the princess will never be touched...but theron better not be cut out not after the fight we had over keeping him and he better not be turned into a cardboard cutout.:( I did keep Revel on one of my sorc's but it was really uninspired ...decided i much prefered Theron Shan. Gah crossing fingers.

I wouldn't get my hopes up about Theron not being turned into a brick. He got a kill option and we all know what happens to companions who get a kill option. At most, we might get a super short scene once in a blue moon since the writers seem to like Theron more than our original cast of companions or Koth but yeah, I'm not expecting much.

I wouldn't get my hopes up about Theron not being turned into a brick. He got a kill option and we all know what happens to companions who get a kill option. At most, we might get a super short scene once in a blue moon since the writers seem to like Theron more than our original cast of companions or Koth but yeah, I'm not expecting much.

But he wasn't technically killed...i saw the online scene and he was left there and there was a cut scene of Satele..who says she didn't get there in time to save him o.o he wasn't dead ...

But he wasn't technically killed...i saw the online scene and he was left there and there was a cut scene of Satele..who says she didn't get there in time to save him o.o he wasn't dead ...

Huh really? I can't bring myself to watch the murder scenes if I like the characters but everyone said he was killed if you leave him to die so now I'm just confused :confused:

Edited by Nefla

Huh really? I can't bring myself to watch the murder scenes if I like the characters but everyone said he was killed if you leave him to die so now I'm just confused :confused:

Yeah i was tormented by Male guildies from iokath to umbara because i was positive the devs would not make theron the traitor , you know as he was only one of the two actual romanceable comps for women and the only male lgbtq romance comp plus they had given the kill option for poor Torian the only other romance comp for women. So i watched it on you tube because i would never kill him And the guys were moaning and griping because they actually didn't see him die YAY :D but it still doesn't mean he doesn't turn into a cardboard cutout..:(