Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Double Experience

mattjame

In the Patch Notes of 8/7/18 it states:

Double XP Event from 8/7 through 8/19 - The popular Double XP event is back, earn double XP, CXP, and more!

Well, this is being posted at 8:45 AM EDT on 8/19/18 and the double experience is gone. We are owed 1 more day!

Edited by mattjame

Why complain now and not when double XP activated with a timer that ended today at 12pm GMT?

It's already the 20th in parts of the world, so the patch notes weren't actually wrong.

Edited by Mubrak

I guess I should have checked the timer but even though I didn't, it still ended too early. BioWare has a habit of using the local California time whenever they post times for events like this or for patch going down times.

In BW-speak, ending on 8/19 means that it will end very shortly after 12:01am on 8/19. For the rest of us, ending on 8/19 means something very different, so while they were technically correct it still feels like we're being ripped off. Combine that with servers that are still mostly unplayable with lag, and you get a very good reason to unsub and walk away. It just seems like they're not even trying anymore.

In the Patch Notes of 8/7/18 it states:

Double XP Event from 8/7 through 8/19 - The popular Double XP event is back, earn double XP, CXP, and more!

Well, this is being posted at 8:45 AM EDT on 8/19/18 and the double experience is gone. We are owed 1 more day!

You're not the only one who misunderstood the notes. I've spent the week trying to get a new Sage to 40 before the event ended, and was in-game most of this afternoon trying to finish up my goal (She's 36 now). After turning in a couple of missions a while ago, I noticed I didn't get much XP off of them. When I looked at my bar, I noticed the double XP indicators were gone.

:: facepalm :: Head.... meet desk... :: thud ::

I guess I should have checked the timer but even though I didn't, it still ended too early. BioWare has a habit of using the local California time whenever they post times for events like this or for patch going down times.

Except California time is not "local" for them, as they are located in Texas.

They have followed this since the beginning. While it is understandable, due to the problems with this patch, that it may have been extended, the cut off time has always been like this so it is something I have gotten used to. I figured by the time I got to log in this afternoon (my time is eastern) the double cxp would be over.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.