Lunafox Rishi House

Lunafox

Anyone else have troubles accessing the Hillside Room? I unlocked everything first day, was decorating inside the room as late as yesterday, but for some reason today, none of my toons can go inside the room. I have furnishings in there and everything. :/ Relogged twice and it's still bugged.

I need to finish my brothel. :o

Is it called "Hillside Room"? I'm not sure which room/area that is.

EDIT: found it and no problems getting in. I had forgotten about that room - just got a whole load of new decorations for an idea I've had.

Edited by Sarova

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it called "Hillside Room"? I'm not sure which room/area that is.

EDIT: found it and no problems getting in. I had forgotten about that room - just got a whole load of new decorations for an idea I've had.

Yup, Hillside Room. It's the first building to the right as you go up the bridge into the town. I was decorating it fine Monday night, and then for some reason, come Tuesday it won't let me in. The door opens, but there is an invisible barrier keeping me from going into the hall, and thus the building. I even have decos in there. :/

Yup, Hillside Room. It's the first building to the right as you go up the bridge into the town. I was decorating it fine Monday night, and then for some reason, come Tuesday it won't let me in. The door opens, but there is an invisible barrier keeping me from going into the hall, and thus the building. I even have decos in there. :/

I was able to enter this morning/afternoon, maybe just a bug.

Clearly you pushed the pesky red-button right under the sign that said... Do Not Touch. :p

More seriously though.... I had no issue getting into it this morning.

Did you perform a repair cycle on your SWTOR install? Maybe something got borked due to a glitch or something.

Edited by Andryah

Clearly you pushed the pesky red-button right under the sign that said... Do Not Touch. :p

More seriously though.... I had no issue getting into it this morning.

Did you perform a repair cycle on your SWTOR install? Maybe something got borked due to a glitch or something.

I think you and Casi might be right. I haven't run a repair cycle no, but I did make a bug report about it to the CS. I'll try and do the repair thing, hopefully, I can figure out how, as I haven't done it in like...years. I'm a bit concerned cause I seem to be the only one with the problem...

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll let you guys know how it worked out.

Well, I couldn't use the repair utility to do anything, it wasn't let me click it, so I erased a couple of things out of the game file to force it to patch, hoping that would do it, it patched, but the problem is still there. I still have an invisible wall that won't let me get into the Hillside room. :/

Well, I couldn't use the repair utility to do anything, it wasn't let me click it, so I erased a couple of things out of the game file to force it to patch, hoping that would do it, it patched, but the problem is still there. I still have an invisible wall that won't let me get into the Hillside room. :/

It might be worth trying a CS ticket, though it does seem like a bug that's specific to your game install as three of us have reported that we can gain access with no problems. Have you tried accessing that room on different characters or on a different server (if you have Rishi unlocked elsewhere)?

Teases: I know what it is, the devs are afraid of your decorating skills.

Serious: Not sure what else for you to do except to contact a dev specifically about this problem.

Not going to upload and post every single room, some of which would take multiple screenshots to show, but if you're on Satele Shan, I strongly encourage you to check out the Grim Determination Rishi SH. Bias aside, I've visited all of the guild owned and privately owned Rishi SHs on our server that are listed in the directory and it is by far the best I've seen. If you want to see it, it's in the public directory. To show guild owned strongholds in the directory, go to the filter and select guild instead of personal, then apply.

It might be worth trying a CS ticket, though it does seem like a bug that's specific to your game install as three of us have reported that we can gain access with no problems. Have you tried accessing that room on different characters or on a different server (if you have Rishi unlocked elsewhere)?

I reported it as a bug, but I think I'll make a CS ticket for it as well, cause it seems I'm the only one with the problem, as far as I can see. I've tried to get into it with different toons, but can't, we're all blocked out from that room. I haven't tried it on a different server, because I don't have the house on a different server, nor the money to buy one to test it.

Teases: I know what it is, the devs are afraid of your decorating skills. Haha, they were scared of the brothel I was making. As soon as I put up the 'girls, girls, girls' sign with red flashing lights...that was it. :D

Serious: Not sure what else for you to do except to contact a dev specifically about this problem.

I'm going to file a ticket later. Thanks for being there for me, both of you. <3

I reported it as a bug, but I think I'll make a CS ticket for it as well, cause it seems I'm the only one with the problem, as far as I can see. I've tried to get into it with different toons, but can't, we're all blocked out from that room. I haven't tried it on a different server, because I don't have the house on a different server, nor the money to buy one to test it.

I'm going to file a ticket later. Thanks for being there for me, both of you. <3

Yeah... a CS ticket seems to be the path to follow at this point. I'm sure they will get it sorted out. It almost sounds like somehow the server thinks that room is still to be unlocked for some reason.

Are you sure you did not exceed the limit for how many times you are allowed to move a couch in that room? :p

Edited by Andryah

Yeah... a CS ticket seems to be the path to follow at this point. I'm sure they will get it sorted out. It almost sounds like somehow the server thinks that room is still to be unlocked for some reason.

Are you sure you did not exceed the limit for how many times you are allowed to move a couch in that room? :p

You know, it just might have something to do with the furniture. :p:)

So, here's an update; I put in a ticket earlier and a couple of hours later, a very nice CSR named Ben contacted me with some things I can try, one of which was to delete my .xfr files and my config files from the bitraider file. I tried the things he suggested and still couldn't get in the room, so he said if it didn't work to contact him again, and I did. Well, a couple hours after that, Ben got in touch with me with the live agent chat thing (never used that before lol) and he asked me to log out for about 10-15 minutes and he'd email me when I was done.

And he did, and he explained that it wasn't something Customer Service could fix, that it seems a bug. He removed my decorations and it made no dif and then he put them back somehow. And he explained about bug reports that I could file. So I went back in and checked, and I removed my furniture and I could get in the building again. I'm just worried about what will happen if I furnish it the way I had it again. It's some freaky bug. I'll try and refurnish it tomorrow and see what happens again.

But I just want to say that the CSR Ben was so prompt and nice to me. He was very determined to help me, and I think he felt genuinely bad that he couldn't fix the problem. So, that's where it stands right now.

Edited by Lunafox

I saw. I will be eating food out of bins for the rest of the month now! :D:D

*pulls up a bench* I'll be joining you lol. Sadly the one thing I really wanted, wasn't there. Medical stanchions why do you forsake me?! For now, I'm using Imperial scaffolding as railings for my porch. It's ok, but I don't love it. :p

Edited by Lunafox

*pulls up a bench* I'll be joining you lol. Sadly the one thing I really wanted, wasn't there. Medical stanchions why do you forsake me?! For now, I'm using Imperial scaffolding as railings for my porch. It's ok, but I don't love it. :p

I second disappointment for the lack of medical stanchions on direct sale - they are so hard to come by it would have been great if they were on direct sale. The other things I've tried just didn't look right which is why I settled on some brightly coloured plants. Is it silly that we want safety for a virtual construct?? :o

If anyone else wants to see them on direct sale, please sign my thread.

old proverb ---> "a watched pot never boils"

In other words... release your desire, but keep an eye on the CM.. and I bet your desire will be fulfilled. :)

I'll be joining the waiting party. I have never had enough of those stanchions to really try them out anywhere. Please! Medical Stanchions on Direct Sale!

On another note, Rishi is coming along... Added a gallery of the apartment and village since both are almost complete.

Cliffside Apartment

Hideout Village

Edited by Kinseih

I'll be joining the waiting party. I have never had enough of those stanchions to really try them out anywhere. Please! Medical Stanchions on Direct Sale!

On another note, Rishi is coming along... Added a gallery of the apartment and village since both are almost complete.

Cliffside Apartment

Hideout Village

Very nice, especially the apartment hallway. Is the winged statue Rishi related?

Very nice, especially the apartment hallway. Is the winged statue Rishi related?

Thank you! The winged statue is called a Rishi Totem. They are a Civic-Structure that came from the Master's Pack. I chose them to go along with the trophies the owner of this stronghold collects.

old proverb ---> "a watched pot never boils"

In other words... release your desire, but keep an eye on the CM.. and I bet your desire will be fulfilled. :)

I sure hope you're right. I begged Eric for them, but alas I received no answer and it made me sad. :)

Cliffside Apartment

Hideout Village

Your hall and landing deck are beautiful! So I guess, we have quite a group waiting for the joy that is medical stanchions. I also stripped my museum on Manaan to try and complete my deck on Rishi and still didn't have enough. I'd like to finish my deck with stanchions instead of scaffolding and also redo my museum on Manaan. Exhibits need barriers :D

And thank you SC Sarova for making the suggestion for these in the Cartel Market Suggestion Forum.

If you love medical stanchions help us get them by posting on Sarova's awesome thread! :D

Also stanchions in new colours would be great too. :D

Your hall and landing deck are beautiful! So I guess, we have quite a group waiting for the joy that is medical stanchions. I also stripped my museum on Manaan to try and complete my deck on Rishi and still didn't have enough. I'd like to finish my deck with stanchions instead of scaffolding and also redo my museum on Manaan. Exhibits need barriers :D

And thank you SC Sarova for making the suggestion for these in the Cartel Market Suggestion Forum.

If you love medical stanchions help us get them by posting on Sarova's awesome thread! :D

Also stanchions in new colours would be great too. :D

Thank you for the compliment! It means a lot coming from someone like you. I am anxiously waiting to put these into the stories I have in play and its hard. lol

I love the idea of Manaan as a museum and using the stanchions for exhibits! I will have to plan a visit. :D

Edited by Kinseih

Thank you for the compliment! It means a lot coming from someone like you. I am anxiously waiting to put these into the stories I have in play and its hard. lol

I love the idea of Manaan as a museum and using the stanchions for exhibits! I will have to plan a visit. :D

:o You're very welcome. I know right? But having locations you can visit and play around with is awesome. When I get Manaan redone, I'll post an open house :D So I hope they come out with the medical stanchions really soon. :)

Edited by Lunafox

I love the idea of Manaan as a museum and using the stanchions for exhibits!

I haven't been frequenting the forums as much lately, and I admit I've avoided this thread a bit (mostly to avoid sinking into depression that I am still capped out of getting Rishi :(), but by pure chance I clicked on this topic today to find this last page of posts about stanchions and museums. I shouldn't be surprised (there's nothing new under the sun), but I still was to find that someone else also had the idea to do a museum on Manaan! (The ability to give characters two names made all the difference in creating a lowbie alt name-puppet to assign to that particular SH. :D ) I have decorated nearly thirty strongholds and I still think my Manaan museum might be my favorite.

Making a museum was what I had wanted to do with Manaan since before it even came out (I'd first made one on an Imperial guild ship but I always wanted the Manaan aesthetic for it instead), and despite the abysmal hooks I went at it with a passion as soon as it was released. When server transfers were still a beautiful 90CC I used to do a lot of multiple server shopping, keeping diligent track of GTNs on all servers in order to spot specific decos I wanted. I managed to pull together 61 Medical Stanchions (which is still nowhere close to what I was able to pull together for other decos, so I definitely echo the lament about supply for this deco and too many others like it), and while the stanchions were invaluable in creating some exhibit looks, I found, at least for my designs, that the atrocious Manaan hook layouts still made it so that I had to use them sparingly, even with their being able to fit on Small hooks; it often came down to choosing between items for the actual exhibit or barriers for the exhibit because the hooks allowed for nothing else. I ended up creating a lot of open air exhibits instead, by necessity rather than preference (and even with plenty of stanchions available), but I was still happy with how it came out.

One other railing alternative I can suggest for exhibit barriers are the Iokath Protective Railing decos. They won't fit on Smalls but they do fit on Narrows, and even when I had stanchions available I used the Iokath Railings instead on some "darker" themed exhibits because they just fit the aesthetic better.

Another "trick" I found for using the stanchions as exhibit barriers was to actually space them out so they weren't flush (especially at the corners and curves of exhibit spaces). As long as I could keep the staggering regular so that it was obviously intentional, I found that it still clearly created the impression/illusion of exhibit barriers. Sure, practically speaking, someone could pass between them, but for what it conveyed to the eye it still worked well, immediately flagging things so that it's clear what you're supposed to be looking at. (Most of our decorating functions like that anyway, I would argue, conveying rather than perfectly depicting.)

I would kill to have additional rooms added on to Manaan someday. I know that's a pipe dream, but still. Just one more accessed by the turbolift, yes? They did it with Rishi when we were giving PTS feedback! ;) @ the devs. There are still so many more exhibits I could add! Ah, dreams.

Edited by JediBoadicea