An Error in Alliance Records

Dragondog

There are a number of questions asked on this mission. What things, other than your relationship with Lana, do the answers change?

If you answer one way about the virus, you get information about why it's (possibly) important, but if you answer differently, you don't. I strongly doubt that any of it (except the engagement thing) has the slightest bearing on anything.

I suppose it's possible that there might be a plot-line coming up that is for Outlander-Commanders(1) who proposed to Lana, with something else for others, but I have my doubts. It's far more likely that it's just "flavour".

(1) SWTOR is not the only MMORPG where the player must put up with NPCs, allied or not, calling his character "Commander" AND other NPCs saying "Outlander". It was really startling to play the preview/demo for GW2's Path of Fire expansion and find all the Tyrians continuing to call me Commander, while the Elonians were calling me Outlander.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

The new mission, “An Error in Alliance Records”, will send you to the droid H1-R1 on Odessen, who will ask you a series of questions to correct some issues in his corrupted Alliance personnel files. Please be sure to answer his question about your relationship with Lana honestly, as it’s going to be remembered permanently this time.

From their quote, they are correcting more than one issue in their records. So Lana is one thing, but there are other things, from the past, that are being corrected. I'd like to know what those are.

Edited by Dragondog

IMHO I wouldn't read anything into the other questions. I thought they were just meant to be fun and to give the conversation more substance than a droid stopping you randomly to ask if you were getting hitched. The one about Tatooine for instance, I thought was a callback to Anakin Skywalker's "I hate sand" comment.

From their quote, they are correcting more than one issue in their records. So Lana is one thing, but there are other things, from the past, that are being corrected. I'd like to know what those are.

Where in that quote do you get more than one issue from? The droid is correcting the Lana marriage bug and nothing more. When they say it will be remembered permanently this time that means it's set in stone for future story arcs.

Where in that quote do you get more than one issue from?

It literally says "some issues" in the quote just a few cm above your post. That's where he got it from.

I, too, believe that these additional questions are just a fun bonus gimmick.

Fun additional gimmicks are all well and good. But they said issues, so I'm wondering.

I'm not wondering. The engagement question matters, obviously (and, indeed, it's the *purpose* of the mission). The rest of it is a bit of fun. It can *only* be a bit of fun, unless there's some link between your answers and an actual wedding ministory. But if that were the case, I'd have expected a similar thing for people who proposed to Theron, and people who romanced Koth, and so on, so that people aren't left out.

I'm not wondering. The engagement question matters, obviously (and, indeed, it's the *purpose* of the mission). The rest of it is a bit of fun. It can *only* be a bit of fun, unless there's some link between your answers and an actual wedding ministory. But if that were the case, I'd have expected a similar thing for people who proposed to Theron, and people who romanced Koth, and so on, so that people aren't left out.

In their post, they said that these questions would fix issues, plural. There are no indications that the other questions would have anything to do with the Lana issue.

Edited by Dragondog

*sigh* They also said they corrected the bug with an orbital strike and one of the devs goes by Lord Ptach sometimes. I'm sure they never thought that anyone would worry about the other questions being anything more than a joke. It's. Just. A. Joke. Tongue in Cheek.

- Charles Boyd's message warns to answer the question about Lana honestly because it will be recorded permanently. There's nothing like that said about the other two questions, ie, it doesn't matter how they are answered.

- The mission is just there to correct the Lana marriage proposal bug. If they were asking questions that affected *anything* else in the game then everyone would have had to answer them.

Fun additional gimmicks are all well and good. But they said issues, so I'm wondering.

There aren't any other issues. It would have been very silly for a droid to ask a single question about whether or not you were getting married. They added a couple extra questions to just round out the conversation.

There aren't any other issues. It would have been very silly for a droid to ask a single question about whether or not you were getting married. They added a couple extra questions to just round out the conversation.

I would have to disagree. I don't think only one question would have been silly at all. If that's all they wanted to do.

Edited by Dragondog

• 3 months later...
I just retunred to the game but the mission is not there for me and i romanced lana in every chance i got. Even broke up with vette. Help pls

The mission was only there for players who had proposed to Lana after Nathema Conspiracy this spring because there was a glitch in the game that made the proposal flag disappear.

If you romance Lana and do the proposal after Nathema Conspiracy now, you don't need this mission because the flag will be properly set.

The mission was only there for players who had proposed to Lana after Nathema Conspiracy this spring because there was a glitch in the game that made the proposal flag disappear.

If you romance Lana and do the proposal after Nathema Conspiracy now, you don't need this mission because the flag will be properly set.

I did not get the option to propose i was affected by the bug which i only found out yesterday :D I recored it 6 months ago watch it from 13:09. This is what happened for me

I did not get the option to propose i was affected by the bug which i only found out yesterday :D I recored it 6 months ago watch it from 13:09. This is what happened for me

Did you get the "you are starting a romance with Lana" pop-up alert in KOTFE 9 and have the romance flag in the companion notes?

If not, you missed the romance flag and the mission still would not apply unfortunately. It was only offered to those who did have the proposal scene and then lost the flag.

Did you get the "you are starting a romance with Lana" pop-up alert in KOTFE 9 and have the romance flag in the companion notes?

If not, you missed the romance flag and the mission still would not apply unfortunately. It was only offered to those who did have the proposal scene and then lost the flag.

Yes i did. I stared a romance with lana.

Yes i did. I stared a romance with lana.

If you did get the romance note and pop up, and you didn't romance anyone else, then you should have had the proposal scene. If not there are unfortunately others who were affected by that bug for both Theron and Lana proposals and unfortunately customer service hasn't done anything about it.

If you did get the romance note and pop up, and you didn't romance anyone else, then you should have had the proposal scene. If not there are unfortunately others who were affected by that bug for both Theron and Lana proposals and unfortunately customer service hasn't done anything about it.

I see. Thank you for your help. Atleast now I know what happened...

• 2 weeks later...