2019 content delayed to 2020 due to great feedback

LordAppius

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, that's me expecting the same kind of commitment to schedules literally every other MMO or other such game with ungoing updates do. Me pointing out that SWTOR is one of the biggest games to continuously delay content for same reasons over and over again, with no adjustment to these obvious shortcoming on their part, is not me being idealistic; it's just me pointing out all of that i just spelled out over multiple posts. Weird how you missed it.

Idealism theories are mainly divided into two groups. Subjective idealism takes as its starting point the given fact of human consciousness seeing the existing world as a combination of sensation. Objective idealism posits the existence of an objective consciousness which exists before and, in some sense, independently of human ones.

You should probably read more on philosophy before stating your understanding as factual.

I'm being the opposite here, pointing to past evidence and on their inability to change their behavior over a long period of time. I'm a pragmatist. You won't find an ideological comment in this thread by me, everything is pointed to actions that are or were in effect and predictions/conclusions based on that past evidence, and even offered my own solution to the problem. It's the opposite of what ideologist do. And I don't see you even attempting to contribute either.

And this is us saying: After it happens so many multiple times if you don't start to expect it and react accordingly, that's on YOU. If it's a big enough deal to you, then QUIT PAYING FOR IT. I don't think that this common sense can be made any more clear and if you still don't get it, then I'm with Dasty: I give up. I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you.

This is not us excusing their delays, this is us recognizing that they happen whether we like it or not. Whether we complain or not. And, taking actions to respond to that fact like adults. Join the club! (Or don't, I really don't care anymore honestly)...

Edited by PennyAnn

And this is us saying: After it happens so many multiple times if you don't start to expect it and react accordingly, that's on YOU. If it's a big enough deal to you, then QUIT PAYING FOR IT. I don't think that this common sense can be made any more clear and if you still don't get it, then I'm with Dasty: I give up. I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you.

This is not us excusing their delays, this is us recognizing that they happen whether we like it or not. Whether we complain or not. And, taking actions to respond to that fact like adults. Join the club! (Or don't, I really don't care anymore honestly)...

Can you stop screaming about how everyone who is unhappy should shut their mouths and leave? It's not like I can put my sub on ice whenever I want. So I have plenty of time to sit here and talk about how I've used that money ;) you've told me that plenty of times and I've heard you. I got no plans to sit quietly for your convenience when I could be here talking about it in hops devs might actually pick up on their behavior when someone audibly points at it.

If you don't wanna care I don't see why you are so adamant on telling me how I should pay and play my video-games, lol. My messages are directed to devs and their behavior, which for some reason a bunch of you took like it was stated at you /shrug

Look you are free to sub to your heats content and not care about any of this, and I'm perfectly free to voice my continued dissatisfaction. Moving on.

wasnt this update scheduled for early july in the roadmap? they delayed it by 1 month and plebs are happy af that it gets delayed by another week lol hahahahah

You are right - not even one of the last Updates are released in time. A release in quality not seen.

June - no Content

July - no Content

August - we will see, may be they discover some unexpected issues

Exactly. Keep it up folks and they will just walk away from your feedback, having an open PTS, etc. etc.

And the OP conflated a week delay to ---> a year delay on new content. :rolleyes: Absurd.

Providing constructive feedback, even critical feedback, is one thing... creating fantasy based rants to make some kind of emotional point is simply not productive in terms of influencing the studio on anything other then to begin to distance from the players once again.

So you're blaming lack of communication from Bioware on the players? Amazing. Truly amazing you think that. Is Bioware EVER at fault for you? :rolleyes:

So you're blaming lack of communication from Bioware on the players? Amazing. Truly amazing you think that. Is Bioware EVER at fault for you? :rolleyes:

She makes a good point. They actually used the PTS and listened to feedback for a change and, of course, someone had to cry about it. Something we've collectively been asking for them to do for a couple years now. If we, as customers, don't appreciate them doing that then what reason would they have to do continue doing it?

Seems you're just stalking her to pick fights.

Edited by kodrac

EXACTLY!!!!

I'm not even a decorator - my big excitement for the new SH isn't for my own SH, it's for what it will mean to our guild!!! We often do dueling events and have tried all sorts of PvP events as a guild, but they always sucked in that half of us needed to log onto Imp toons or half of us were on a toon we didn't want to be, just to balance things out. The way the new PvP areas work for the SH are PERFECT!!!! I can't wait to play Huttball as a guild - a friendly trash talking game of Huttball that's just FUN. I can't wait...we've got an event coming as soon as we can organize it.

Must be nice to be a part of something like that, Republic scum! :t_tongue:

But, seriously, even though I primarily PvP, this stronghold means nothing to me, personally... and I still have absolutely no problem with the slight delay in release. And anyone who actually wants this should be doubly thrilled because BW is delaying to make it better, not because they messed something up or trolled us.

If we, as customers, don't appreciate them doing that then what reason would they have to do continue doing it?

Seems you're just stalking her to pick fights.

So you think a tiny minority of players who complain about getting communication....actually puts Bioware off communicating with us? Are you saying Bioware doesn't have a backbone, and instead of communicating with the players, showing their game, showing their improvements, showing customers what they love doing, they would rather be silent to please those who complain about getting information?

And just because I question someone on their statements doesn't mean it's stalking.

So you think a tiny minority of players who complain about getting communication....actually puts Bioware off communicating with us? Are you saying Bioware doesn't have a backbone, and instead of communicating with the players, showing their game, showing their improvements, showing customers what they love doing, they would rather be silent to please those who complain about getting information?

And just because I question someone on their statements doesn't mean it's stalking.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. No, they don't have a backbone. Since when has this studio ever been good at communicating? Don't tell me you've never noticed the large patches of silence over the last 6 years; ignored feedback, unanswered questions etc. I mean, Jesus, all of 5.0 had feedback and it was all routinely ignored. Look how that turned out. The only communication we got was RNG is fun and exciting, and we only got that because they were forced into it. Oh, and crystal comms were too complicated for us. :rolleyes:

So when they finally do use the PTS and listen to feedback and someone whines about it I do fear they'll clam up again just like they have in the past. That's squarely on BW, though, to grow a pair.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. No, they don't have a backbone. Since when has this studio ever been good at communicating?

They're not good at even informing themselves. Otherwise you'd think they wouldn't need to constantly do extensions based off of feedback they knew was coming. Every time. :rolleyes:

Edited by Kiesu

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. No, they don't have a backbone. Since when has this studio ever been good at communicating? Don't tell me you've never noticed the large patches of silence over the last 6 years; ignored feedback, unanswered questions etc. I mean, Jesus, all of 5.0 had feedback and it was all routinely ignored. Look how that turned out. The only communication we got was RNG is fun and exciting, and we only got that because they were forced into it. Oh, and crystal comms were too complicated for us. :rolleyes:

So when they finally do use the PTS and listen to feedback and someone whines about it I do fear they'll clam up again just like they have in the past. That's squarely on BW, though, to grow a pair.

They have never been great communicators...not since launch. So this is nothing new at all.

But yeah...... folks seem to forget what triggered the last great blackout of communications for the studio. Hint: a few malcontents made death threats toward a developer (and their family). This was an actual member of the developer team who posted to respond and comment on something that some people were bent about for whatever reason. And it had the effect of creating a serious chill on ANY communications at all for months afterwards, and even today.. we rarely see anyone from the actual development team comment in the forum anymore. THIS is squarely on the players, even if a minority. The fact that people denigrate the studio in threads like this AND other players cheer them on is a problem created by players that has a negative impact on players receiving communications from the studio.

Fact is.. it does not take too many over the top and insidious moves by players on the forum to trigger less listening, response, and communication rather then more communications, more use of PTS, etc.

The studio does have a responsibility to communicate and listen.. and there are times when they clearly do (such as this most recent PTS cycle), and times when they appear not to (which does not mean they are not listening per se.. only that it is not clear because they are not communicating. They do need to do a better, and in particular more consistent, job on this..... BUT we as players (the people who want more communications, more access to PTS, more listening, etc) have our part to do as well... and this thread (and a few spurious defenders of it) is a perfect example of how NOT to do it.

Edited by Andryah

"You never tell the Captain the truth about when the engines will be ready.

Captains are like small children, they always want everything sooner than it's realistic"

Engineer Scotty

Edited by Galahard

You just can't make some people happy. They enjoy complaining too much. And I say this as someone who has been a very vocal critic of EA's decisions with this game. Getting mad at them for finally listening to feedback on a new game feature/content for once before implementing it, for finally using the PTS again for its intended purpose, is counterproductive to say the least. Not to mention an extra week of delay is nowhere near a year of delay. OP is comparing apples to oranges.

Also, I think the new stronghold has plenty of use to me, thank you very much. I'm an avid decorator and I'm looking forward to a new space to work with. Just because OP doesn't care about or like strongholds doesn't mean other people aren't psyched about it.

Indeed! I thought it was great that even though from Keith's roadmaps there seemed to be little hope for a PTS, the devs went above and beyond to give us one, listened to all constructive feedback and made alterations/additions that allowed the new stronghold and incoming changes to offer something for everyone. I did not expect my suggestions to be noticed but they were and they were implemented and I will now be happily spending millions on the new SH. I would be very happy for them to delay any big content based on our feedback as this can only benefit my enjoyment of the game.

Hopefully the devs have learned one thing which is to ignore the very small percentage of vocal malcontents that constantly whine and create self-entitled petulant posts about how they are owed more more more.

People need to act like adults. This is a game. It's really simple, as Penny said if you don't like it, don't pay and play.

If you want to pay and play, and then go about ranting and raving how awful the game has treated you, well don't expect mature adults to empathize with you. By choosing to partake in something you dislike, you are creating your own misery.

I just can't get on that train. When something creates negative emotional responses out of me, I separate myself from it. It's not complicated. You learn this same response as a child, you know... Touch hot fire, ouchie, don't touch fire. Bad game not fun, don't buy and play bad game. Same thing.