The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Things we were promised and still don't have:

Unpleasant

Feeling Heroic: We were promised epic battles where we would walk in, and mop up the floor with multiple enemies and feel like a total boss. Being a Jedi and having a Jedi companion which allows you to kill not just 2, but 3 or 4 random Coruscant gangsters before having to take time out to heal from the battle you barely won is not heroic. Having a quest-giving civilian tell us how mean and nasty they are beforehand does not make the situation heroic.

i felt like a total wimp today. some dude sent me on a rescue mission because no one else was able to do it. seeing that the guy was easily captured i'd figure him a wimp... nope, if i didn't have my "pet" i'd have had my butt served by him (i decided not to rescue him). how did i just kill 30+ people that the other guy couldn't yet he can easily take me out 1v1?

then i go back to he guy who gave me the mission - non force guy - and i did the mission as i figure my character would, so the guy attacks me. i had sent my "pets" on mission so this was totally solo. needless to say - the guy who begged me to do the mission is many times more powerful than i am... and i'm at the top end of the level of the world level range.

i wish i could feel more heroic and at least have a chance to beat a whimpering npc that thought i was more awesome than he was.:( i quit using pets in games a long time ago and hate that i have to use one in this game or group up to fulfill "my" story. i feel like a frikken sissy.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another prime example of rampant opinion. Perhaps you should read more closely, with a little more comprehension to help you understand the point?

I read every word, you're just rude for the sake of being rude and coating it in a "pfft young people today, in my day we didn't question the things we pay money for and we ate more fibre" way to make yourself feel better than the rest of the world which is filled with people that just can't live up to the standard you set for yourself.

Rampant opinion, HA you crack me up.

The game DOES feel silly when you HAVE to use a companion to fight a duel that you're then praised for winning like you're a hero. It's a perfectly valid rampant opinion.

Please quit the game and do us all a favor.

YES! What he should do is reduce the income Bioware make on the game, that'll do us all a favour.

Edited by CapuchinSeven

Voluntarily deciding to take the easy way out should definitely NOT feel heroic. You have the option to reset the instance, or wait for respawn (outdoor encounters) if you want to attempt to do the encounter without dying and then it WILL feel more heroic.

I did the first 30 levels as a SI only dying due to lag and stupid jump in the pit quest. However Once I got to 50 I soon discovered that the game is not meant to be played that way. My compaion kicks bucket loads of healing into me every fight with out my compaion I would be dead all the time, and even when I go into duels and challenges no one cares its two people beating on one. Not very heroic.

Personaly I see death as being very unheroic but because of the game mechanics and the frequency of death the dev's tried to make it so death was meaningless. Well they sucseeded. Only issue is now I dont feel heroic at all and I must take my compaion everywehre or I will struggle against 1 strong and 2 average mobs.

I understand that this is a brand new game so there are bound to be issues as it settles for the long run, but at the same time these are all issues that people have been complaining about since beta and there's been no effort what so ever to fix them. In a lot of cases Daniel Ericsson just blew them off saying story this and story that (character creation) and frankly the game is going to suffer because of it. The ui is terrible but who knows when they'll get to that.

LOL you really have no idea how some major IP launches of games went down.

If you had seen WoW at launch or SWG you would have been flaming mad and crying 10 fold.

Huge disasters... shocking really. Looking back with all the server down time and crashes I can only imagine if people had been this mad those products would have not lasted a year or two.

Server crashes, crippling bugs for some classes and it still didn't change the fact that combat felt more natural and the game world felt more alive due to all the small things.

That is turn made the bugs not tolerable, but something you felt you could endure.

Not very heroic.

you must be trolling right ? ... could skywalker do a 'sh.it' withiut the help

of R2-D2, or han without ... ähm ... that wookie ...

heroic? ... thius is the old republic, you as a jedi (or padawan) are nothing more

then a trevelling monk ...

I also like how you can choose dialog choices that clearly indicate that your char

is bored and not so pleased by being asked for help in mondane tasks ...

if you cant play your class right you will lose or only win with the companion death

and a minimun of health left ...

if you can bring your skills together right ...

you can blast a group of enemys in seconds without loosing helth and your

companion not in danger of dying again ...

mastering your class and playstyle will grant you the heroic feeling, not some

pre-made dialog choices you just have to unlock or choose ...

greetz

Edited by Hitomo_x