Nonstop Disconnects - Internet Fine

foxxycandy

How do you know "your" internet is fine? Did you run PingPlotter (a free tool that is informative and easy to use) to see exactly where your connection issues might be between you and the game server? Most players see 6-9 hop points in their route to the servers..... and any one of those could be having a problem, a problem that would affect some users but not all users.

How do you know "your" internet is fine?

Checked SpeedTest, fine. Checked ping to servers, fine. It was so weird but it finally stopped after ten minutes or so of getting disconnected several times. I was wondering if it was just me or anyone else.

EDIT: My post was moreso a "report" of the incident anywho, incase they had issues on their side.

Edited by foxxycandy

How do you know "your" internet is fine? Did you run PingPlotter (a free tool that is informative and easy to use) to see exactly where your connection issues might be between you and the game server? Most players see 6-9 hop points in their route to the servers..... and any one of those could be having a problem, a problem that would affect some users but not all users.

What's with the "your"? And of course it's never Bioware's fault right?

Checked SpeedTest, fine. Checked ping to servers, fine. It was so weird but it finally stopped after ten minutes or so of getting disconnected several times. I was wondering if it was just me or anyone else.

EDIT: My post was moreso a "report" of the incident anywho, incase they had issues on their side.

Speedtest won't tell you much though. Get yourself a free copy of PingPlotter and have it ready for next time.

So, this sounds like a short cycle issue somewhere (either packet loss, or could be localized congestion somewhere on one of the hop points between you and the studio. Which is not uncommon to be honest... and unless a player is playing 7/24... most such instances would not even be noticed by the average player (as most happen when you are not using the internet and so they are not noticed. Seriously, the internet is resilient to some degree.. but also prone to intermittent performance at any given localized hop point as well.

If it was the game servers... there would be rampant reports from players, regardless of their location. The forum would be littered with threads about it.

Edited by Andryah

If it was the game servers... there would be rampant reports from players, regardless of their location. The forum would be littered with threads about it.

Someone has to be the first to report it...right?!

I'm on the west coast, and I'm getting this same thing. I can be on for about 5 mins or less, and I'm kicked to the server screen. Rather annoying. Just started doing this last night.

EDIT: This is happening still 11:00am PST on SF and SAT

Edited by Zerileth

Just happened to me, and in a rather funny fashion:

I'm in the Aggressor on Rishi. Theron over coms: "Right, security measures are down. Trouble is, so is the connection. Margok must have shut it down manually." And sure enough, I lose the server connection. :D

I'm in the Aggressor on Rishi. Theron over coms: "Right, security measures are down. Trouble is, so is the connection. Margok must have shut it down manually." And sure enough, I lose the server connection. :D

Ha, they broke the 4th wall.

hmm mine's just kicked me to, Internet is fine, strange :rak_02:

Edit:

Aye DM just froze for everyone I know on TS, kicked some, and the ones it didn't kick can't actualy interact with anything.

Ahh all of DM then.

Edited by DuskIsNotAmused

Aye DM just froze for everyone I know on TS, kicked some, and the ones it didn't kick can't actualy interact with anything.

I think they were trying to restart something because a few arenas would not load on DM I guess they just broke the server instead :(

Same, DM, kicked out me and my friend

Does that mean there's going to be a dog pile at the med centres? :D

Edited by DuskIsNotAmused

^

It's okay everyone, its all our fault and it's nothing to do with Bioware. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by DarthWoad

Don't worry guys, Andryah says it's your computers, not "the game servers". I'm sure an uninstall and reinstall of the game and your operating systems will fix the issue ;)

Now, Now TUX be careful they may be some players out there that will actually do as you say, then again if they do the game is probably best off without them :)

Now, now, there's nothing wrong with being good at following instructions :D

except their the ones who will follow sat nav directions to the word even if it takes them through a river being able to follow instructions is one thing you still need to use your brain though.