PTS Update - 7/13/2018

EricMusco

Medals are rewards for playing good, not for beeing a generic listing player that somehow plays his character.

I stongly oppose the Warzone changes to Tanks and Healers. It gives these medals to bad players far to easy.

Good Tanks tank 2M and good Healers heal 3M and get their Medals for doing their job instead of Zerging around losing the game.

Please leave Savior and Protector how they were!

I am pretty sure some DPS could get 1.5mil healing. Savior ought to stay at 3mil at the very least. Most healers can get 1.5mil without breaking a sweat.

Protection is also extremely easy to get, it should stay at a much higher value for medals/rewards also. 2mil protection is worthy and great tanking.

Bug found. Do not activate the remote camera on the sky deck and then, while it is active, click on the blue-glow speeder. You get stuck in place and can no longer move, but there's no pop-up visible to e.g. select a destination either.

EDIT: and if you aren't using the camera, the speederbike doesn't do anything at all when it's clicked on.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

[*]Players should no longer die randomly when using traversal abilities near terrain in Warzones and Arenas.

Still broken in the new arena. The sorc on my team got globalled by phasewalk twice. I died cause I used a leap on someone standing next to the fire thing on top in the middle and my sentinel on my team died just by jumping out of spawn.

EDIT: Also where are the hook updates on the Sky pvp deck. Stil the safe dull 3 options you can choose from which can't be made into anything coherant. Please give us 10+ options for hook layout thank you.

Edited by DarthYun

Warzone Medal Changes

• Medic - 9,000 Single Heal (was 5,000)

Arena Medal Changes

• Medic - 9,000 Single Heal (was 5,000)

Let us know your thoughts!

-eric

I'm almost 100% positive I saw myself get a "medic" medal, where at least what it SAID in the fly-by text was "medic awarded for 5000 healing". I'll try to pay more attention and see if I can figure out if it actually happens, and if maybe just the text is wrong or if it's actually still rewarding it at 5000.

Medals are rewards for playing good, not for beeing a generic listing player that somehow plays his character.

I stongly oppose the Warzone changes to Tanks and Healers. It gives these medals to bad players far to easy.

Good Tanks tank 2M and good Healers heal 3M and get their Medals for doing their job instead of Zerging around losing the game.

Please leave Savior and Protector how they were!

I highly disagree. High numbers don't indicate skill, they indicate zerging gameplay. Most of the time, it is better to play objectives and not zerg. Medals should be rewarded to players who contribute to the match, not to zergers who do nothing but keep a stalemate.

In my opinion, the changes to warzone healing medals are perfectly fine.

Edited by Jerba

it's way to east to score in huttbal in the Rishii SH. Move the finish like from the immediate top of the stairs, to further in. and please add traps etc. cause even if people put up decorations you can easily cheese the scores by planting a stealth in their goal post and throw the ball to them cause its not that far.

[*]Players will now gain a temporary ability to end combat when using the training dummies in the training room.

Would it be possible to add this ability to a wz? Right now classes with no self heals will often times have to wait up to a minute to get out of combat and heal up even when they are clearly away from combat (like in hypergates underneath the spawn area). If we can make this a wz ability with maybe a 5s cast time it would be very helpful to classes that don't have self heals. You can make it a temporary ability that activates when there is no enemy around for 30m or more to prevent using after mezzes, or force the user to not be directly attacked at all for 5-10s before it appears.

Nice that you added wall hooks to the quarters on the ship. Small but they are workable, I would have prefered medium but there might be a reason why small so acceptable.

Seems to be a few more hooks on the floor of the ship-nice.

Now:

(1) Sun Room-Yes this again. (So sue me) The hooks need to be brought up if you can't change them to large. My hanging plants do not belong sitting on the floor. While you are at adjust the ones in the Hillside room as well. They are just as low. See image:

https://imgur.com/WTYjspU

(2) Can the hooks all be changed to large outside the tower on the beach. It would be a nice place to put some waterfall. See example:

https://imgur.com/bAIBzod

Nice change on the beach sand . Looks better but (pouts) why did you pick up my beach chairs there. (I kid, figured it was on the sand and you needed to change it)

Thanks for reading and thanks for your work.

Edited by casirabit

Nice that you added wall hooks to the quarters on the ship. Small but they are workable, I would have prefered medium but there might be a reason why small so acceptable.

Seems to be a few more hooks on the floor of the ship-nice.

Now:

(1) Sun Room-Yes this again. (So sue me) The hooks need to be brought up if you can't change them to large. My hanging plants do not belong sitting on the floor. While you are at adjust the ones in the Hillside room as well. They are just as low. See image:

https://imgur.com/WTYjspU

(2) Can the hooks all be changed to large outside the tower on the beach. It would be a nice place to put some waterfall. See example:

https://imgur.com/bAIBzod

Nice change on the beach sand . Looks better but (pouts) why did you pick up my beach chairs there. (I kid, figured it was on the sand and you needed to change it)

Thanks for reading and thanks for your work.

The larger room in the staging area desperately needs more hooks on the floor. Medium narrows along the walls and two large hooks in the middle with massive areas of empty floor space is ridiculous. If they aren't going to give us a nice building the least they can do is cover the floors in the existing buildings with hooks. Seriously, when I enter decorating mode there should barely be any bare floor in sight. Does each hook in a stronghold cost $10.00 to make? Why so stingy in the buildings, or anywhere? Just cover the thing top to bottom in hooks and let us go wild!

Edited by DuchessKristania