Computer keeps freezing up when I start to play SWTOR

RaithHarth

Any ideas? I was told it could of been because of the Russian malware attack not too long ago, and to reboot my router, I did that, I even scanned for virus's nothing unusual, I even restored my computer, yet my computer keeps freezing when I load up SWTOR any idea's why? I'm trying to get the bottom of this but can't seem to pinpoint the source of it all.

Any ideas? I was told it could of been because of the Russian malware attack not too long ago, and to reboot my router, I did that, I even scanned for virus's nothing unusual, I even restored my computer, yet my computer keeps freezing when I load up SWTOR any idea's why? I'm trying to get the bottom of this but can't seem to pinpoint the source of it all.

* Nothing unusual from the virus scan. What does that mean? None found? Just the three you always have?

* Are your graphics drivers up to date?

* Which OS (Windows 7? Windows 10? Something else?)

* 32 or 64 bit Windows?

* Do you see "ST" in the corner of the launcher?

* What is happening when it freezes up? (Does it manage to start the launcher? Do you manage to log in? Can you hit the PLAY button? Do you get to the character select screen? etc.)

Remember that we aren't in a position where we can look over your shoulder to see what happens, so if you don't tell us about this sort of thing, we won't know.

* Nothing unusual from the virus scan. What does that mean? None found? Just the three you always have?

* Are your graphics drivers up to date?

* Which OS (Windows 7? Windows 10? Something else?)

* 32 or 64 bit Windows?

* Do you see "ST" in the corner of the launcher?

* What is happening when it freezes up? (Does it manage to start the launcher? Do you manage to log in? Can you hit the PLAY button? Do you get to the character select screen? etc.)

Remember that we aren't in a position where we can look over your shoulder to see what happens, so if you don't tell us about this sort of thing, we won't know.

Sorry about that, I'm using the following system:

Windows 7, 64 bit, I am able to start up the launcher, it's just that when I'm in-game for a minute or 2 it freezes on me, I just updated my Nvidia GPU driver, and the results are still the same even after I refresh everything.

And no virus detected at all, I scanned everything.

Edited by RaithHarth

Sorry about that, I'm using the following system:

Windows 7, 64 bit, I am able to start up the launcher, it's just that when I'm in-game for a minute or 2 it freezes on me, I just updated my Nvidia GPU driver, and the results are still the same even after I refresh everything.

And no virus detected at all, I scanned everything.

Roll your driver back. I updated my nvidia driver, usb ports started freezing. Rolled back, everything's fine.

Edited by xordevoreaux