The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Covert energy armor. Why wasn't it available for Spring sale?

TyrFoge

It should have been. Along with several other armors that for whatever reason got looked over. (*cough Dark Legionnaire). I have 0 interest in running around without a shirt or pantless so only really need the bracers anyway. For whatever reason slots can't be left blank in outfit designer and since with some outfits bracers look bad (humble hero) or clip through the clothing this would be nice to have unlocked.

P. S. While you're at it stuff the gold rarity and make it bronze. C'mon. This set didn't take "Gold level" design time...

Edited by TyrFoge

I have 0 interest in running around without a shirt or pantless so only really need the bracers anyway.

It's possible you answered your own question here. I couldn't help but notice a lot of the sets people use to make their toons look trashy were left out of the sale. Covert, dramatic extrovert, the dancer outfits, sensuous dress, and many more were left out. One or a few I could have understood as being held over for another sale. But the amount of them left out makes it look intentional. I wondered if a few, like the ventilated scalene, just slipped through their filter.

I would assume that it is not for sale, because there is not "one covert energy armor set", but there are different pieces (3, I think). They would have to re-pack those pieces into one new armor set item (box) and make sure that it all triggers correctly (as individual pieces) in collections. This "making sure" would have been work that someone they don't have available would have had to be done... wait, this sentence doesn't sound right... you should get the gist of it though.

I would assume that it is not for sale, because there is not "one covert energy armor set", but there are different pieces (3, I think). They would have to re-pack those pieces into one new armor set item (box) and make sure that it all triggers correctly (as individual pieces) in collections. This "making sure" would have been work that someone they don't have available would have had to be done... wait, this sentence doesn't sound right... you should get the gist of it though.
Actually, there is a Covert Energy Armour set. It consists of the chest, bracers and belt. The gloves and boots are also in collections, but as separate unlocks. I was hoping the gloves would be in the sale, already have the chest/bracers/belt and have gotten a lot of use out of the two latter.

I stand corrected on me mistakingly including pants on the list. I hear the sentiment on the "trashy exclusions" but still would like to make use of the bracers, gloves, and belt without being penalized for players lack of class and GTN sellers lack of empathetic listing in a sellers market... ;)

I stand corrected on me mistakingly including pants on the list. I hear the sentiment on the "trashy exclusions" but still would like to make use of the bracers, gloves, and belt without being penalized for players lack of class and GTN sellers lack of empathetic listing in a sellers market... ;)

Yeah I understand you on this. There are several sets in my collection I prefer to go glove-less or belt-less with just because I feel it looks better (plus the gloves to accompanying sets are oft times hideous, like the helms). But I still think they deliberately left all those sets out. Even the begged-for Andeddu set was left out, and we know people love those booty shorts from it. If they do another sale and suddenly all the streetwalker sets are in it, I will stand corrected.

Covert Energy Armor isn't about looking trashy. It's about NOT looking trashy. Almost all of my toons are wearing the Gloves. I was disappointed it wasn't offered for sale. I was even more disappointed that decorations didn't go up for sale, although it is extremely nice to see some new bundles.

Covert Energy Armor isn't about looking trashy. It's about NOT looking trashy. Almost all of my toons are wearing the Gloves. I was disappointed it wasn't offered for sale. I was even more disappointed that decorations didn't go up for sale, although it is extremely nice to see some new bundles.

Except there are a lot of players who use it for that very thing. Covert + say, Jori Daragon's "shorts", means you can run around in basically just a thong. Just because you and I don't use it for that, doesn't mean there aren't a lot doing it. And it isn't that I care what people wear, I really don't. I just found it odd that pretty much all such outfits were left out of the big "Spring sale". This newest lineup of sales HAS added a few though.

Edited by Sinhammer

Except there are a lot of players who use it for that very thing. Covert + say, Jori Daragon's "shorts", means you can run around in basically just a thong. Just because you and I don't use it for that, doesn't mean there aren't a lot doing it. And it isn't that I care what people wear, I really don't. I just found it odd that pretty much all such outfits were left out of the big "Spring sale". This newest lineup of sales HAS added a few though.

Thong? Boxer briefs, but no thong. pic?

Thong? Boxer briefs, but no thong. pic?

Yeah I have no idea what you think boxer briefs are but the Jori Daragon "pants" are not it. I've worn various brands of boxer briefs for prob 25 years. NONE of those came to a V in the front, bikini style, and had half my butt cheeks hanging out. It's not quite a thong, but it is definitely a bikini bottom.

I'm pretty sure I saw the reveler sets in the spring sale. However, I would support the next sale having the covert sets. They are useful for a variety of outfits needs. I personally already have it unlocked for all my characters. I'm just throwing my support in.