Additional Companions Suggestion

Paulsutherland

I meant this one - sorry. The 'Companion & Contacts' list. A new tab say at the top between 'Followers' and 'Main Characters' in which we can dump the companions we want, or the ones with the top influence levels? Your 'Loyal Followers' ? ;)

The crafting one lists them by their affection level, so presumable your desired companions would already be at the top.

No, you were clear, I was just wondering if it might affect both. And I've also been using the gathering skills to increase affection (not really efficient, but less tedious for me than the gifts), so I'd sometimes go with the lower ones. But that's probably far too much of a personal taste to worry about it.

I'd actually forgotthen that they are in order like that, though. Take a month or so off and I forget details. Probably not an issue for the vast majority.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for money, I think it would depend on whether or not the incentive would get people playing more. Also, it could be subscription only. I know that I haven't bothered to drag myself through several of these (or not done them again), but I would do so for at least a few of these as companions. Marr and Acina are pretty much complete, so wouldn't even be difficult (I think).

^^^

That list is getting long, I don't see Bioware adding them all, how would they make money from this?

Unlock: Did 'Y' to get unlock 'X'? Want to do it again? No? Pay 'Z' CC and unlock 'X' on all your characters.

Cartel Market: Direct purchase from the CM?

Subscription Reward: Subscribe for 'A' and get 'B'?

Edited by Paulsutherland

I personally do not want any more companions thank you very much.

I have unused Nicos and even some Shae's across my account collecting dust. I have a truck ton of other companions that I never use, or use only for crafting. I also have a six-pack of Gamoreans sitting in storage as well from the last nightlife event. I have even avoided running the chapters from 4.x and 5.x just to avoid losing companions as well as having even more to tangle with.

Seriously, if players want more and different companions, I understand and support the desire. However, the studio cannot even seem to get all the original companions back in players control since KoTFE/KoTET... so adding even more companions seems counter productive at this point in time.

Used to be.. they slowly spoon fed us class specific companions as we leveled. Since 4.0... they have inundated us with companions, while also making it such that individual players that prefer one of their old classic companions are left without said companions. On top of that.. they have proliferated companions through the CM as well.

In any event.. this thread belongs over in the suggestion forum.

Edited by Andryah

I don't want any more companions until they actually play a part in your character's story again which, because of the number of them we can have now, will be impossible for them to write and voice. Face it, they're just crafting bots now.

I don't want any more companions until they actually play a part in your character's story again which, because of the number of them we can have now, will be impossible for them to write and voice. Face it, they're just crafting bots now.

With the exception of Lana, they're all lifeless husks at this point, still I suppose it would be nice to decide what lifeless husks I have with me.

I wouldn't expect them to add everyone on that list. It would be interesting, though.

As for money, I think it would depend on whether or not the incentive would get people playing more. Also, it could be subscription only. I know that I haven't bothered to drag myself through several of these (or not done them again), but I would do so for at least a few of these as companions. Marr and Acina are pretty much complete, so wouldn't even be difficult (I think).

I suppose it would be a good way to promote incentive to play parts of the game that have gone ignored for awhile, I can't recall the last time I played some of the planetary series.

Edited by DefenderTwo

With the exception of Lana, they're all lifeless husks at this point, still I suppose it would be nice to decide what lifeless husks I have with me.

Yeah, I've been saying it for a while: My preference would be to have characters in the story and voice acted and so on.I would take that first. Everything I'm seeing tells me it's not going to happen, that the majority of companions will continue to get, at best, very occasional story relevance while we continue with Lana and Theron. Or maybe just Lana. The course they have been taking for a while, even if they surprise me and do more story, leaves me cold.

I'd be happy to be surprised, happy to have more development on characters I like in ways that I like, but even if I got everything I wanted, someone else would complain about it. And some of those complaints will be right, because someone will fail to get something they want (of course, some of that will be that they hate that I get what I want, but let's ignore that for the more reasonable issues). simply because of the lack of resources.

This is why I so love this concept. It's the equivalent to giving us more wardrobe or emotes or vehicles. It takes away less resources to allow us to build our own stories. Not everyone is going to want that, of course, but if they can make money from it by some means, some of which have been suggested, I think it would be good for everyone. Those who want the companions get them, those who don't benefit by the game having another revenue stream.

It's a fair compromise, depending on how much effort it would be, which I don't have any special insight into. Some of them (Marr and Acina, and possibly, yes, Vaylin, simply because she's already a pseudo-companion and has a lot of dialog) should be very easy. The others might be more difficult, unless they don't speak a human language or they already have dialog that can be turned into companion lines. But the models are there.

There's a lot of the game that I'd just honestly like re-written. It's not going to happen. I'd like a lot of those characters to be recruitable in the story. Probably not going to happen. I'll take this if it can be done profitably, including limited opportunity costs.

TL'DR: A lot of these characters are never going to be developed but have players who would like them by our sides. If it can make money, I think they should get them.

Response in color.

Yeah, I've been saying it for a while: My preference would be to have characters in the story and voice acted and so on.I would take that first. Everything I'm seeing tells me it's not going to happen, that the majority of companions will continue to get, at best, very occasional story relevance while we continue with Lana and Theron. Or maybe just Lana. The course they have been taking for a while, even if they surprise me and do more story, leaves me cold.

Obviously there will be more story, but beyond the Alliance Alerts, I'm not expecting to see much for anyone else other than Lana and Theron. I suppose they could bring some of these characters in via the alerts, but I don't think they'll do them justice. I think we've got to a point where people will just be happy if they can take their desired companion with them on missions.

I'd be happy to be surprised, happy to have more development on characters I like in ways that I like, but even if I got everything I wanted, someone else would complain about it. And some of those complaints will be right, because someone will fail to get something they want (of course, some of that will be that they hate that I get what I want, but let's ignore that for the more reasonable issues). simply because of the lack of resources.

This has been an issue for awhile and I doubt it will go any time soon. The way they're writing their stories isn't helping - look at Theron for example, they've created a scenario were a kill option has been validated by the characters actions.

This is why I so love this concept. It's the equivalent to giving us more wardrobe or emotes or vehicles. It takes away less resources to allow us to build our own stories. Not everyone is going to want that, of course, but if they can make money from it by some means, some of which have been suggested, I think it would be good for everyone. Those who want the companions get them, those who don't benefit by the game having another revenue stream.

I agree

It's a fair compromise, depending on how much effort it would be, which I don't have any special insight into. Some of them (Marr and Acina, and possibly, yes, Vaylin, simply because she's already a pseudo-companion and has a lot of dialog) should be very easy. The others might be more difficult, unless they don't speak a human language or they already have dialog that can be turned into companion lines. But the models are there.

It's been a long time since I've seen some of these characters listed, so I don't know on this. I agree it would be easier to do with Satele, Vaylin and others who have had a lot of dialog.

There's a lot of the game that I'd just honestly like re-written. It's not going to happen. I'd like a lot of those characters to be recruitable in the story. Probably not going to happen. I'll take this if it can be done profitably, including limited opportunity costs.

Star Wars just introduced time travel to the franchise, so you never know. Maybe we'll get thrown back to the start of Chapter 1 of the Fallen Empire, only to sacrifice ourselves so Darth Marr can kill the Emperor.

TL'DR: A lot of these characters are never going to be developed but have players who would like them by our sides. If it can make money, I think they should get them.

Depending on how such a system would be implemented, I would agree they could make money from this. Though as said, I would want to see a new way to manage our companions.

There's still some species left that we have no comp from. As far as I know we have no Voss one, no Selkath. And I really need an Ortolan. But really I'd like to have my starship sentient and use it for a comp. It could just hover overhead and one-shot everything I point to.

Exactly this for me at least. Although animal companions or robot companions would be ok because they don't have dialog or story relevance anyway.

But if others are happy with having an empty shell companion without dialog and story then I wouldn't mind if they would add an option to obtain them. I am always for more options.

Darth Marr

You can get Darth Marr from the first Chapter of KOTFE, once you've finished those tow expansions, go back to chapter 1, then once your paired up with Marr, bail on the mission and he'll stay until you finish the chapter.

But if others are happy with having an empty shell companion without dialog and story then I wouldn't mind if they would add an option to obtain them. I am always for more options.

If we're going to Alliance vs Imp vs (or) Pub, I can quite happily insert head canon for why X and Y are fighting with me. :D

The great thing about empty shells is that they can be filled up.

Oops, I meant more story for the returning companions, not just more story in general. I agree that there will be more story, and pretty much with everything you said.

Additional story for our companions is something I would like to see but if resources don't permit that I would rather just bring my preferred companion with me on missions.

Additional story for our companions is something I would like to see but if resources don't permit that I would rather just bring my preferred companion with me on missions.

That's pretty much how I'm looking at it now. Everyone has the chance to get something, Bioware gets money and everyone's a winner! :D

With a bit of added incentive I might play content I've ignored for years. :p My Smuggler being something I haven't gone near since 2015.

:( I loved the banter, I would of preferred him to Corso but I know we all have different tastes.
I loved shooting him.

Was he preferable to Corso though? Hmm. That's a tough one. I think C2-N2 is a better companion than either.

Edited by Pscyon