The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bring back Cartel Certificates

you can get them through the contraband slot machine. albeit very low drop rate. i personally got 7 over the years.

they should just reintroduce them in packs, but at the same drop rate as they were with the old packs from 2012-2015

but then what use are cartel certificates without reputation? the old packs will probably never come back and they had the rep.

Edited by ThomasStarWars

I am at work right now but I will have to check, but I am thinking I got them from old cartel packs WAY BACK when and I just never used them.

Sure, but if they are legacy bound, then (a) you can't sell them and (b) nobody else can, which (if true) would explain why they aren't visible on the GTN.

Sure, but if they are legacy bound, then (a) you can't sell them and (b) nobody else can, which (if true) would explain why they aren't visible on the GTN.

Well with this new ultimate pack, There doesn't seem to be a need to bring the old ones back. Although would be useful for rep, but the devs have forgotten about those vendors. It's been years since they were added to.

Edited by ThomasStarWars

Well with this new ultimate pack, There doesn't seem to be a need to bring the old ones back. Although would be useful for rep, but the devs have forgotten about those vendors. It's been years since they were added to.

Given what those vendors (I presume you mean the ones in the Cartel Bazaar on the Fleet) are for, there is exactly no reason for them to be updated. The decorations vendor in the Strongholds part of the Fleet, on the other hand, is a good candidate for updates.

EDIT: they were a way for people to get hold of some of the things in the contemporary packs without having to suffer the slings and arrows of the Mistress of Pain.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Honestly cartel certificates can be found fairly often in the old packs, I got 15 in one hypercrate,.. now the problem i have being a returning player who left when the game turned free to play and came back right before 5.0, is the rep i have 80 certs and not enough rep to really buy anything i want from the vendors

Honestly cartel certificates can be found fairly often in the old packs, I got 15 in one hypercrate,.. now the problem i have being a returning player who left when the game turned free to play and came back right before 5.0, is the rep i have 80 certs and not enough rep to really buy anything i want from the vendors

I know the feeling. Ended up using my certificates on decorations because although I am a patient person ..waiting several years for an old pack to come back the the cartel market is too much waiting time for me.

And still have some few left...

They promised a "fix" for this last year. Nothing changed. A "fix" is long overdue.

Adding them to new packs, increasing the slot machine drop rate, or removing the need for them altogether. I don't care which. Any improvement is welcome.

Edited by Xina_LA

Yes, I agree with all of you. The dev's should do something about the lack of that currency.

They could:

- Allow people to resell certificates on the GTN.

- Sell them (direct purchase) from the cartel market.

- Rain certificates from the new packs, & slot machines,

- Just remove them and convert them to credits (like they did with crystals & the other SH deco vendor).

As it is, there's lots of deco's currently unavailable because of the lack of those certs. :( Those CM certificate decorations from the SH vendor on the fleet would really be nice to have to use in a new (or old) stronghold.

Oh, well, we'll just have to wait and see if they do anything, anytime soon. :rolleyes:

They promised a "fix" for this last year. Nothing changed. A "fix" is long overdue.

Adding them to new packs, increasing the slot machine drop rate, or removing the need for them altogether. I don't care which. Any improvement is welcome.

I'd like them to add a new spot in the Ultimate packs that would be for old cartel rep items and certificates at the same drop rates as the old crates.