Unsubscriber rewards.

OneHit

Interesting enough, I never had any impression how the people were asking on the forum for " everything " to be given to them, they were asking mostly for the specific companions which are an important part of the story and lore in the SWTOR which is an story driven MMO to be returned.

And that would be akin to the hypothetical situation for example if some of the subscribers in WoW which is an endgame centric MMO would be asking to get the access to some dungeons and raids because the access for them would be given only to some subscribers and not to all.

Also when the people proposed that , they said how they could be given under the same conditions under which they were obtained in the past.

You keep mentioning story and lore which, as I pointed out, is not an accurate representation of these items. Nothing changes in either the story or the lore by acquiring these companions.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You keep mentioning story and lore which, as I pointed out, is not an accurate representation of these items. Nothing changes in either the story or the lore by acquiring these companions.

Well I don't see that in that way , having Shae Vizla as my companion which is a well known character from the first trailers of this game and the novels and which has one entire chapter in KOTFE storyline and a dungeon about her and the mandalorians in the game is not the same for me as having some random mount ,outfit or a companion from the SF missions.....

Edited by Lunablade

Well I don't see that in that way , having Shae Vizla as my companion which is a well known character from the first trailers of this game and the novels and which has one entire chapter in KOTFE storyline and a dungeon about her and the mandalorians in the game is not the same for me as having some random mount ,outfit or a companion from the SF missions.....
Whether or not you "see it that way," doesn't make the argument relevant. There is no actual story or lore related to recruiting Shae or Nico into the alliance. These companions were created to be rewards that players didn't need. Do players want them? Sure, some do. Do they need them? Not at all. Nothing in the story or lore changes because recruiting someone is a character decision, not a story requirement.

Whether or not you "see it that way," doesn't make the argument relevant. There is no actual story or lore related to recruiting Shae or Nico into the alliance. These companions were created to be rewards that players didn't need. Do players want them? Sure, some do. Do they need them? Not at all. Nothing in the story or lore changes because recruiting someone is a character decision, not a story requirement.

For your view that argument is not relevant obviously , but for my is and I bet how I'm not the only one who see that companion in the same way as I do.

Edited by Lunablade

There is nothing other than CC that can be suggested instead of Nico and Shae for those who has it. Simply because otherwise people will complain they did not get that particular item either. And I doubt CC will be handed.

Would be nice to get something in addition, though. This way everyone will get something, no hard feelings (other then never to believe in BW promotions anymore but that ship has sailed already).

Edited by Mirandel

For your view that argument is not relevant obviously , but for my is and I bet how I'm not the only one who see that companion in the same way as I do.

No. From an argument standpoint, facts remain facts. Pretending something has meaning doesn't in fact give it meaning.

Are there a million Outlanders? There are probably that many characters that have started KotFE. So which is the real one?

No. From an argument standpoint, facts remain facts. Pretending something has meaning doesn't in fact give it meaning.

Are there a million Outlanders? There are probably that many characters that have started KotFE. So which is the real one?

My argument was that those characters are important part of both the SWTOR story and the lore , and that's the fact here and not some random companions like those we get from the SF missions and the cartel market. And that's also the main reason why the players saw the appeal in them and asked for the chance to be obtained again. When I said that I didn't meant on how much players can interact with them when they recruit them or if anything changes because of that in their personal story , I meant on the bigger picture, and was talking in general.

Edited by Lunablade

My argument was that those characters are important part of both the SWTOR story and the lore , and that's the fact here and not some random companions like those we get from the SF missions and the cartel market. And that's also the main reason why the players saw the appeal in them and asked for the chance to be obtained again. When I said that I didn't meant on how much players can interact with them when they recruit them or if anything changes because of that in their personal story , I meant on the bigger picture, and was talking in general.

Not to get into what constitutes lore and story, I have to admit being a bit disappointed there is neither when gaining these companions. Just slightly as it doesn't really matter anymore to me since I've resubscribed already. Nico especially given I still have no idea who he is within the game. Glad to hear he may feature in the novels which I've been debating on reading. But so far he seems to just be the cowboy in the first trailers.

But not to discount your point if you see value in having the companions, I think that value then exists. That's really have value is determined. Value doesn't mean everyone agrees. I may not have resubbed had I given it more thought but I can see some finding them attractive enough as they are. What would have been cool, and unlikely, was to have a little chapter to give everyone that gains or owned them so everyone would have something from giving them out so they could be used in story down the line. Especially for Shae since I'd like to see her more but it seems she'll be regulated as a companion you run around with but never has any part to play from this point forward like too many others.

Why aren't the SF companions significant? They fought for a cause against an opponent they couldn't beat and are actually part of the KotFE story (Star Fortresses). Nico and Shae are part of the trailers and the novels, but only for the sacking of coruscant. Their story and lore does not include joining the alliance. That is something you presume. They certainly aren't anymore significant (as companions) than the SF companions you discarded as random.

Just a suggestion as compensation....

Maybe *unique* customizations for Nicco and Shae for those that had already earned them?

Ashur

I would be content with this. I would also be content if they took this opportunity to give Nico gear slots so I can take off his hat. Hell, I'd even be content if someone from Bioware would post an apology to the older subscribers that get nothing and promise not to overlook us again.

I would be content with this. I would also be content if they took this opportunity to give Nico gear slots so I can take off his hat. Hell, I'd even be content if someone from Bioware would post an apology to the older subscribers that get nothing and promise not to overlook us again.

The best suggestion in the thread and on the whole forum.

Why aren't the SF companions significant? They fought for a cause against an opponent they couldn't beat and are actually part of the KotFE story (Star Fortresses). Nico and Shae are part of the trailers and the novels, but only for the sacking of coruscant. Their story and lore does not include joining the alliance. That is something you presume. They certainly aren't anymore significant (as companions) than the SF companions you discarded as random.

It's pretty amazing that someone can actually think that saying the ones they want matter to story and lore and all these other ones don't. It's just more proof that people who don't have <stuff> but want <stuff> will say and do anything to try and win them points to get <stuff> and, has been proven once again, they always cave to these people.

They ignore hundreds of other suggestions to help the game, suggestions on Quality of Life features, enhancements, storylines, etc and continue to just put lipstick on the pig.

I'm pretty sure we all knew this was coming at some point but when it finally did arrive it's still a shock that they would actually be so desperate.

Those SF companions don't have a story which span all the way from the beginning of the game ( if you count the novel and trailer ) to the latest content like Shae has. They aren't as complex and as interesting characters, each maybe has few minutes of the content and that's it , they don't have novels, dungeons and chapters in the game in which they are the main characters and they will probably never get that, most of the players in the game actually don't care about those so no for them could not be said how they are equally important when it comes to the story in this game.

That would be like comparing some major actors and roles in the movies and saying how they are equally important for their story and how popular they are to those roles played by the background actors or the side actors which only get few minutes of the screen time overall.

Btw Darth Malgus and Darth Marr also don't join the alliance but are also way more popular and important than those SF companions will ever be.

Edited by Lunablade

Shouldn't you be calling the new shae and nico give away "unsubcriber rewards"? In all fairness the only people being rewarded are the ones that weren't paying you during the worst content drought ever. How many months of nothing did we pay for to originally get these companions? The only thing "those" subscribers are being rewarded with is a reminder how dishonest you people are.

hmm if they're giving them away to subs (again), then, even if I already have them from the first time round I would be expecting to have 2 of each of them ... if I don't get a SECOND one (of each) then as a subscriber I'm not getting what they said they were going to give me ... the fact that I already have them is irrelevant they are going to GIVE them to me again ...

a quick look at a dictionary says :" OXFORD DICTIONARIES

unique, Adjective

being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else"

given that BW said Nico was "unique" in an earlier promotion, in order to satisfy both the April 2018 give away and the earlier promotion leads to a bit of a conundrum or paradox ... especially as I want my April 2018 Nico as well as my earlier one ... go figure

Answers in a bottle thrown into the sea please ... one of them might get to me :cool:

It's pretty amazing that someone can actually think that saying the ones they want matter to story and lore and all these other ones don't. It's just more proof that people who don't have <stuff> but want <stuff> will say and do anything to try and win them points to get <stuff> and, has been proven once again, they always cave to these people.

They ignore hundreds of other suggestions to help the game, suggestions on Quality of Life features, enhancements, storylines, etc and continue to just put lipstick on the pig.

I'm pretty sure we all knew this was coming at some point but when it finally did arrive it's still a shock that they would actually be so desperate.

I have come to the conclusion that they only read the title and 1st post at most. The problem with many good suggestions is that they are either related to and made within an existing topic like they are supposed to be or made within an existing topic but as a counter-argument. These replies don't seem to get noticed unless it's specifically in a thread the devs ask for feedback in. So it's actually more important to support (bump) the threads you agree with than to argue against an idea and bump a thread you don't. If you don't agree with an idea, it appears spamming the forum with a repeat thread every other day is the best way to get your message to the devs.

I think how the devs are following besides this forum also other sources on which the players and fans of this game comment about it. Its also very interesting to see for example what the people on the SWTOR reddit are saying regarding this promotion :

Edited by Lunablade

I think how the devs are following besides this forum also other sources on which the players and fans of this game comment about it. Its also very interesting to see for example what the people on the SWTOR reddit are saying regarding this promotion :

You really think they're following these threads? How much time do you really think they have?

You really think they're following these threads? How much time do you really think they have?

Well you don't really need 10 hours to see some of the more important threads about the game and than to scroll through them. Besides SWTOR team is consisted of the more people and some of them prolly have a job which is based around the communication with the community and also of forwarding the feedback which could be useful to the devs.

Edited by Lunablade

I'm going to be really mad if they hand out our beloved HK55 themed stuff next month.

I've given up and don't care any more. I don't give a damn about any rewards, don't give a damn about any more subscriber enticements, either next week and further down the road. Giving a damn just leads to stress.

What happens, happens. If I get stuff at some point, I do, if I don't, I don't.

To hell with caring about it. I'll just play.