Companion Chaos Sub Rewards

LordTurin

Game shut down? NAH they won't do that since the license is exclusive to them.

They only shut down the game ONLY when they ready to release another better version of SWTOR game :D

Mass selling is for fast cash grab for the 1st quarter income report to their game investors. Even my company is not in gaming market but we already have words from top management that we need to focus all the money profit for the report and they want to make sure every bills are collected and accounting process them all before FRIDAY Midnight :D

I think it's awesome (and I already have these comps) for all the people who missed out on these rewards, and a lot of people did request them to bring it back for years. I think they should bring sub reward companions back every other year or something for the people who are new, or returning. Because I feel at least comps are a big deal to this game, if this was sub reward weapons or weapons like that then I would feel their not really important enough to be brought back. Edited by commanderwar

BW: here are some limited time sub only companions

Players: *rage, BW make them available for everyone

BW: ok we'll listen, here are some limited inly companions now available.

Players: see I told you game is shutting down / or is in maintenance mode

:D:D:D

... surely if they were about to shut down they would put them in the cash shop instead of giving them to subscribers. Why would they try to boost subscriptions if they're about to go down? Honestly it seems like literally anything they do at the moment means the game is dead to some people.

I got both Shae and Nico when they originally came out but I'm glad they're bringing them back for people who missed out.

While I don't consider this to be a sign the game is shutting down, I do think it's a sign that it is suffering greatly.

They are losing enough subs that they wanted to start giving out sub rewards again, but they apparently don't have the staff to make new items, so they are recycling old ones. Clearly the people who have been loyal enough to have gotten them the first go around can be taken for granted because they are still here.

they are still limited time sub rewards though. its just they added a second chance to subscribe for them.

And what happens when those who "just missed" the "second chance" promotion start to clamor for a "third chance"?

Edited by Ratajack

As long as it still has the same requirement as before (be a subscriber), I don't have a problem with it.

I'd even be ok with a re-issue of HK-55 as long as the net cost was the same (x number of consecutive months of subscription or equivalent cash value) and not something that could be acquired with free Cartel Coins.

Well, looks like unique one time sub rewards are no longer a thing.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20180329

Gotta be honest, between this and the mega sale next week (that kinda strikes me as a "closing everything must go sale") I think I'm finally on the "game is gonna close soon" train. I hope I'm wrong, but I guess we'll see.

Always plenty of tin foil to be had, eh? :p

They never stated these would be "unique" (as in.. never to be offered again, any other way), only that in order to get them back when they were first made available..... you had to meet the eligibility requirements.

FACT: to qualify for this new incentive.. you have to be an active subscriber on April 3, 2018.

So this is a subscriber incentive... and probably triggered at this point in time as a result of all the forum rage and threats to unsubscribe in protest. It costs them literally nothing to do this.. and if it freezes some subscriptions or encourages some resubs... then it's paid off for them.

Edited by Andryah

This and the upcoming Cartel Market Limited Time Sale strike me as ways to up incoming cash before the end of a fiscal quarter or year, not a sign of the game closing. Do I know if these moves are from bean counter pressure or a sign of doom? Heh. Of course not. I just think that for EA bean counters 4.0 and the first iteration of Galactic Command were money pits without near enough return on the investment. Like there's a not yet the $$ for a bar that SWTOR has to hit by a certain date (say, not long after April 17) to get money for future content. So, a lure to increase active subs by April 3, and an incentive to get players to spend real world money on the Cartel Market by April 17.

It's - only - two companions jeeze. It's not like they're doing this for all companions, or especially the bonus chapter and I've heard something about new subscriber rewards anyway. So it's not even the folks that already have Shae and Nico are missing out, assuming this is true. Edited by TyonYlle

So I get to have clones? :D

Do I get to have both Shaes or both Nicos out at once? :D

...seriously though. I don't care that people who missed out on these comps can get them now. But I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I'm a bit salty that those of us who have them already don't get anything. It's always nice to know a company values long-term customers...

As long as it still has the same requirement as before (be a subscriber), I don't have a problem with it.

I'd even be ok with a re-issue of HK-55 as long as the net cost was the same (x number of consecutive months of subscription or equivalent cash value) and not something that could be acquired with free Cartel Coins.

*Getting* HK-55 himself (via the "Arma Rasa" mission) was a one-date subscriber reward. The storymission (I refuse to call it a chapter(1)) was six and a half months of subscription time.

(1) Calling it a chapter raises to be on the same level as / equivalent to the main-story chapters, and it isn't. It's a side mission, although a little larger than most.

Well, this is beautiful :) My sub will expire on April 13 and I'll receive two companions, I do not really care much about, though people say Shae is OP. What better way to end this agony of 5.8 :D

Also, it is good to know not to sub again for new rewards :)

Edited by Vercundus

Also, it is good to know not to sub again for new rewards :)

You shouldn't need rewards to sub, if you do, then you should probably find something else. Also, that's not entirely true since Shae and Nico are the only two sub rewards being offered again. Assuming you wouldn't want, say, a Kai Zykken bonus chapter/mission, or a different companion exclusive mission.

*Getting* HK-55 himself (via the "Arma Rasa" mission) was a one-date subscriber reward. The storymission (I refuse to call it a chapter(1)) was six and a half months of subscription time.

(1) Calling it a chapter raises to be on the same level as / equivalent to the main-story chapters, and it isn't. It's a side mission, although a little larger than most.

I’ve seen Iokath called a chapter and I’ve seen the flashpoint stories called chapters too. The Shroud mission is more worthy of being called a chapter than any of those. I’d hesitate to even call the flashpoints a paragraph :rolleyes:

I've been subbing and buying full releases of the game since the start was even in closed SQ52 group testing

So thanks for the totally useless and the waste of time rewards, :mad:

looks like you don't want to keep your long-running subbers anymore or people that bought the CE version of the game as can't rem the last time you even bothered to updated the vip vendor and you pitched that as a good reason to buy the ce version of the game on release

Edited by trinzu

You shouldn't need rewards to sub, if you do, then you should probably find something else. Also, that's not entirely true since Shae and Nico are the only two sub rewards being offered again. Assuming you wouldn't want, say, a Kai Zykken bonus chapter/mission, or a different companion exclusive mission.

Maybe I worded badly, what I meant to say is that it is not worth subbing just for the rewards. I will sub back again when they fix this mess they made last week. I didn't sub back then to get Shae, most certainly wouldn't do that now if I was a preferred at the time of the giveaway. I sub for the game, game became crap, I won't sub again. Easy.

I’ve seen Iokath called a chapter and I’ve seen the flashpoint stories called chapters too. The Shroud mission is more worthy of being called a chapter than any of those. I’d hesitate to even call the flashpoints a paragraph :rolleyes:

I guess the difference is that Bioware called the HK-55 storymission a chapter, but they didn't call WoI, CoU and aTAtC a chapter, neither collectively nor individually. If players choose to call those three things chapters (or, even, one chapter containing all three, like Forged Alliances might be a chapter), well, that's their privilege, and their mistake.