This is unfair.

bluehufsa

In another topic, someone said there will be more screentime for Arcann and more romance progression. Got a question : why there are always resources for that, but not for the neglected classes/comps? Why the heck only some get the content they want and some get the middle finger?

This is UNFAIR. This shows blatant disrespect towards this community, not all of us are involved in that garbage romance, not all of us want to lose 6 hours of playing every Tuesday because wow, you have to feed the arcann fan club new content..

No resources & no personnel my caboose :mad::mad::mad:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In another topic, someone said there will be more screentime for Arcann and more romance progression. Got a question : why there are always resources for that, but not for the neglected classes/comps? Why the heck only some get the content they want and some get the middle finger?

This is UNFAIR. This shows blatant disrespect towards this community, not all of us are involved in that garbage romance, not all of us want to lose 6 hours of playing every Tuesday because wow, you have to feed the arcann fan club new content..

the way i heard it wasnt strictly acrann.

This is news to me. I have not seen something official announced or from other sources.

So basically this might not happening at all. And if it happens it might be that other companions get additional content too. We don't know that yet so no reason to get upset about it yet.

Besides - all other companions already had several flirts and romance related cutscenes so in this regard the Arcann romance is the only one (not counting one night stands with certain NPCs) with less romance content.

And yes - I want more content for all other companions too.

This is news to me. I have not seen something official announced or from other sources.

So basically this might not happening at all. And if it happens it might be that other companions get additional content too. We don't know that yet so no reason to get upset about it yet.

Besides - all other companions already had several flirts and romance related cutscenes so in this regard the Arcann romance is the only one (not counting one night stands with certain NPCs) with less romance content.

And yes - I want more content for all other companions too.

Wanna know why am i upset? This year will get ( maybe) another JC crew member, Felix Iresso. Next year maybe, just maybe, that perv Cedrax and his idiot holographic girlfriend. And so on. Sorry but i won't wait for another 4 years to get my crew back just because some people wanted more smootches with their favorite villain.

Take a look in "Spoilers" section, there is where someone said there will be more screentime for Arcann & romance progression.

Wanna know why am i upset? This year will get ( maybe) another JC crew member, Felix Iresso. Next year maybe, just maybe, that perv Cedrax and his idiot holographic girlfriend. And so on. Sorry but i won't wait for another 4 years to get my crew back just because some people wanted more smootches with their favorite villain.

Take a look in "Spoilers" section, there is where someone said there will be more screentime for Arcann & romance progression.

I haven't seen it in spoiler section and I am not going to check multiple pages for that. It is not relevant at all - just because someone said this doesn't mean it is going to happen. This is the internet - people sometimes tell stupid things or lie about things. Or they just heard a rumour or just want attention - anyway, this is no proof.

I agree that companion returns should have priority.

I haven't seen it in spoiler section and I am not going to check multiple pages for that. It is not relevant at all - just because someone said this doesn't mean it is going to happen. This is the internet - people sometimes tell stupid things or lie about things. Or they just heard a rumour or just want attention - anyway, this is no proof.

I agree that companion returns should have priority.

Found it :

according to his voice actor Arcann has more screentime coming so we could be pleasantly surprised with how his romance (and redemption arc) progresses.

So it has no relevance, you say? :mad:

Found it :

So it has no relevance, you say? :mad:

And do you have the link where the voice actor said it? Because I can't find it. There is only a tweet about a new character. So not Arcann related.

And even if this is true this would just mean that we might get to see more content sometime in the future - that does not mean it will happen before all companions are returned. So you might have everyone back until we see more Arcann content - and more Arcann content does not mean it is romance related by the way.

As I said - to have more Arcann romance content in the future would be "fair" because he has the least content by far compared to the other LIs. But we don't know if and when this will come. Likely never.

And do you have the link where the voice actor said it? Because I can't find it. There is only a tweet about a new character. So not Arcann related.

And even if this is true this would just mean that we might get to see more content sometime in the future - that does not mean it will happen before all companions are returned. So you might have everyone back until we see more Arcann content - and more Arcann content does not mean it is romance related by the way.

As I said - to have more Arcann romance content in the future would be "fair" because he has the least content by far compared to the other LIs. But we don't know if and when this will come. Likely never.

Arcann is a " Johhny-come-lately" character, i don't understand why his romance had priority in the first place. I know the excuse, "a large group of people requested it", i'd like to see a shred of proof, a poll, something said by a dev, anything. Can i? Nope, i have to take your word for it.

And why is it "fair" for the Arcann romance to have more content in the future when it will 99% be at the expense of the JC crew members? Did any other returnee had any romance progression? Corso,Risha,Vector,Ashara? Nope.

But fine, let's sink into this mess even deeper!

Did any other returnee had any romance progression? Corso,Risha,Vector,Ashara? Nope.

Their romance stories had cutscenes dedicated to them in the class stories and many questing interactions. Lana, Theron and Koth have had good progression though Koth's was cut far short because kill option. Arcann deserves as an LI the same amount overall as them for a romance progression as does any brand new LI added (rumoured to be Scourge next before all of the rest are even back).

More content overall for companions would be amazing and I wish they had come back faster.

Edited by Asmodesu

Arcann is a " Johhny-come-lately" character, i don't understand why his romance had priority in the first place. I know the excuse, "a large group of people requested it", i'd like to see a shred of proof, a poll, something said by a dev, anything. Can i? Nope, i have to take your word for it.

And why is it "fair" for the Arcann romance to have more content in the future when it will 99% be at the expense of the JC crew members? Did any other returnee had any romance progression? Corso,Risha,Vector,Ashara? Nope.

I never said a majority requested the romance but it should be obvious that there are people who like it. No one can really say how much - not everyone might even have a character ready to pursue the romance as you have to finish kotet chapter 9 for it. So only Bioware knows how many people are using this option.

As I said before: there is no proof that we get more Arcann content at all or before all companions are returned.

Corso, Risha, Vector, Ashara and all the other classic LIs had romance progression with multiple flirt + romance scenes during chapter 1-3 + kotfe/kotet. You can even marry them.

Koth, Theron and Lana had romance progression with multiple flirts + romance scenes too.

Arcann just had a single romance scene that included two flirts. So yes - it would be fair to give him as new LI more scenes. He is not an established LI that returns but a completely new LI.

And as I said: I do agree that companion returns should have highest priority.

Edited by Cawyden

More content overall for companions would be amazing and I wish they had come back faster.

That won't happen because.. no resources and because they have to fix the "inequity" of arcann fan club not having enough of him.

Again, the JC gets the middle finger.

That won't happen because.. no resources and because they have to fix the "inequity" of arcann fan club not having enough of him.

I think you should focus your rage at the next romance they're bringing in instead if you get this mad over one 3 minute cutscene that was possibly finished 3+ months before going into the game. Everyone is getting the middle finger right now, as we're left waiting for our turn to have scraps. My jc I haven't touched because her companions haven't returned. Thank goodness Iresso is on the table soon.

Maybe you might take a step back and calm down. I think you are getting upset for no reason at all at this point. Just because someone said something without proof.

And you know what? There are people who like the Arcann romance but like other LIs and companions as well! My favourite for example is actually Theron and not Arcann.

Edited by Cawyden

Maybe you might take a step back and calm down. I think you are getting upset for no reason at all at this point. Just because someone said something without proof.

And you know what? There are people who like the Arcann romance but like other LIs and companions as well! My favourite for example is actually Theron and not Arcann.

I just deleted my JC, had enough hummiliation to last me a life time. There, are you happy now?

I just deleted my JC, had enough hummiliation to last me a life time. There, are you happy now?

This was alone your decision - I have nothing to do with it. Just because I asked you to calm down and not to get upset based on rumors you went ahead and deleted your character? I think you really need to take a break from this game and from the internet at all.

As for Arcann I would like to see his "Apologize to the Entire Galaxy for the *Ten plus Trillion dead bodies, five Taris style battered back to the stone age planets and him writing "I'm sorry for all of this" Note in every relief shipment Hylo sends out arc". I do seem to remember this new Writer saying how much she enjoyed writing his dialogue and something about him having more to come (maybe more then our *Original L.I.'s). This is one of Boyd's "Fav.'s" so I'm sure there's more to come. I do remember not long ago something about more dialogue from our L.I.'s but as mentioned before, we'll just have to wait and see.

This was alone your decision - I have nothing to do with it. Just because I asked you to calm down and not to get upset based on rumors you went ahead and deleted your character? I think you really need to take a break from this game and from the internet at all.

OK, i'll say it. The only JC comp i ever liked was Zenith. Why was he pushed back at every single update? Why do i have to accept others getting more content with their LI while i cannot even have back a non-LI crew member? No im not gonna go for the Odessen terminal summon, trhey shouldn't have taken away all crew members if they knew some were not popular enough for " a large group of people" to want them back.

As for Arcann I would like to see his "Apologize to the Entire Galaxy for the *Ten plus Trillion dead bodies, five Taris style battered back to the stone age planets and him writing "I'm sorry for all of this" Note in every relief shipment Hylo sends out arc". I do seem to remember this new Writer saying how much she enjoyed writing his dialogue and something about him having more to come (maybe more then our *Original L.I.'s). This is one of Boyd's "Fav.'s" so I'm sure there's more to come. I do remember not long ago something about more dialogue from our L.I.'s but as mentioned before, we'll just have to wait and see.

Yes we really need something there. He did help the alliance but there should still be an option for the player to exile him or put him into prison or maybe give him to Rep/Imp authorities... and as you said - maybe additionally some hints in a letter what he is doing for atonement? I mean besides helping fighting if you have him as companion. I would like to have for all recruited companions some information what they are doing when they are not traveling with you.

The writer who wrote his romance is gone since some months. And even if something was planned some time ago it might get cancelled and never delivered. So we really have to wait. Maybe the game shuts down this year - who knows?

At this point I am happy if we get at least some letters from our companions. At least something.

OK, i'll say it. The only JC comp i ever liked was Zenith. Why was he pushed back at every single update? Why do i have to accept others getting more content with their LI while i cannot even have back a non-LI crew member? No im not gonna go for the Odessen terminal summon, trhey shouldn't have taken away all crew members if they knew some were not popular enough for " a large group of people" to want them back.

I know - I love Zenith as well, really hoped he would be a LI. Same with Talos. And I don't use the Odessen terminal too - it isn't the same. I don't play kotfe with my characters where I am still waiting on companions/LIs that are important for me to return.

With the small return scenes that we get even for LIs I don't understand why it still takes so long to get everyone back. It isn't even a meaningful return at this time point.

I know - I love Zenith as well, really hoped he would be a LI. Same with Talos. And I don't use the Odessen terminal too - it isn't the same. I don't play kotfe with my characters where I am still waiting on companions/LIs that are important for me to return.

With the small return scenes that we get even for LIs I don't understand why it still takes so long to get everyone back. It isn't even a meaningful return at this time point.

Why it takes so long to get everyone back? You know the answer to that. Eh well, time to learn from my mistakes, never ever gonna play JC again, i should have known it will be thrown away in a corner and forgotten. Stupid me.

I try to keep abreast of what other people dig up. I haven’t seen anything about more Arcann content beyond a short letter if you breakup with him, and all of the love interests have one. Perhaps they also did a small breakup cutscene. Would make sense since all of the other love interests have them. (Usual qualifier about information on content gleaned from unofficial sources might not make it into the game.)

Last I heard Iresso was due back in 5.9. Did they delay that?

I think a lot of us would like to know why Zenith’s alert never made it to live. He’s, by far, my favorite consular companion.