Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

GG Star Forge mids - great attitudes and fun games tonight!

Lhancelot

After so much sadness over the conquest changes, I needed some spirit lifting today and found it in PVP!

I was surprised, no double XP, no problem for Star Forgers during prime time hours - mids was hopping! Since coming back after over a year long break I been bouncing from SS and SF just to get a feel for what server fits my gaming times as well as which server offers a better vibe.

Long story short I like SF. I decided tonight to start focusing on getting my shelved 65s to 70 now so I can start hitting 70s PVP, which are all sitting on SF right now.

My experience tonight was from an imp perspective, and although we lost every match that was versus pubs, they were fun matches. I was impressed because so many imps stuck it out, did not give up, and tried to win every match even when we were getting smoked non-stop. The queue pops were also non-stop, which was very surprising to me!

GG guys, and look forward to seeing you all in 70s!

After so much sadness over the conquest changes, I needed some spirit lifting today and found it in PVP!

I was surprised, no double XP, no problem for Star Forgers during prime time hours - mids was hopping! Since coming back after over a year long break I been bouncing from SS and SF just to get a feel for what server fits my gaming times as well as which server offers a better vibe.

Long story short I like SF. I decided tonight to start focusing on getting my shelved 65s to 70 now so I can start hitting 70s PVP, which are all sitting on SF right now.

My experience tonight was from an imp perspective, and although we lost every match that was versus pubs, they were fun matches. I was impressed because so many imps stuck it out, did not give up, and tried to win every match even when we were getting smoked non-stop. The queue pops were also non-stop, which was very surprising to me!

On DM mid and low warzones popping pretty frequent even though devs removed all incentives to do so. I had 8-9 matches per day

Glad you had fun :D ... but damn it for not being like that a few weeks ago when I decided to switch back to SS.

I’m now away for Easter and all I want to do is stay home and play Mids on SF with you ,

Glad you had fun :D ... but damn it for not being like that a few weeks ago when I decided to switch back to SS.

I’m now away for Easter and all I want to do is stay home and play Mids on SF with you ,

The weird thing is I find SF popping as much or more than SS in mids/lowbies and the pops seem to start earlier in the day, eastern time. I have sporadic play times right now just due to RL schedule etc., so I was queuing all different times the past couple weeks. I think 70s probably pop with the same frequency.

I got 3 characters to 70 from 65 and will be working my madness sorc she is almost 70 now. I am just happy I been able to level my 65s to 70 via PVP and was surprised two days in a row miss been active.

Plus the teams been really decent, in attitude. We kept running into the same 3 shadows, and every match they were in we lost they were focus firing targets and all three of them were good. No one complained once in these matches which is unusual considering we were running into coordinated stealths!

I still got pubs that are shelved at 65 lvl with 208 gear sets lol. Will have to work them up to 70 sometime too, when time permits.

How come you went to SS? I find the fleet chat more trolly and juvenile and the wzs filled with a lot of teambashing when it starts to lose. Maybe it's just my bad luck on SS, as I know trolls and toxic teammates are a phenomenon not just attributed to SS.

Plus! I actually saw (bad) role play going on at fleet just like the old days on Ebon Hawk, lol. Anyway, from this standpoint the game has been decent for me since coming back. Hopefully the conquest change is adaptable and we don't lose more people. :rak_01:

Now, now, use your inside voice...

One word of warning there are some people who rage in level 70s.

I sure hope not! I may wilt in disappointment! :eek:

I know man. I just was pleasantly surprised at how mature the teams were last night, and look forward to PVPing again. I can handle the negativity that is often part of PVP just fine. :)

I sure hope not! I may wilt in disappointment! :eek:

I know man. I just was pleasantly surprised at how mature the teams were last night, and look forward to PVPing again. I can handle the negativity that is often part of PVP just fine. :)

the self righteousness oozes from you

The weird thing is I find SF popping as much or more than SS in mids/lowbies and the pops seem to start earlier in the day, eastern time. I have sporadic play times right now just due to RL schedule etc., so I was queuing all different times the past couple weeks. I think 70s probably pop with the same frequency.

I got 3 characters to 70 from 65 and will be working my madness sorc she is almost 70 now. I am just happy I been able to level my 65s to 70 via PVP and was surprised two days in a row miss been active.

Plus the teams been really decent, in attitude. We kept running into the same 3 shadows, and every match they were in we lost they were focus firing targets and all three of them were good. No one complained once in these matches which is unusual considering we were running into coordinated stealths!

I still got pubs that are shelved at 65 lvl with 208 gear sets lol. Will have to work them up to 70 sometime too, when time permits.

How come you went to SS? I find the fleet chat more trolly and juvenile and the wzs filled with a lot of teambashing when it starts to lose. Maybe it's just my bad luck on SS, as I know trolls and toxic teammates are a phenomenon not just attributed to SS.

Plus! I actually saw (bad) role play going on at fleet just like the old days on Ebon Hawk, lol. Anyway, from this standpoint the game has been decent for me since coming back. Hopefully the conquest change is adaptable and we don't lose more people. :rak_01:

Pops seemed to die in lowbies and Mids on SF over the last few months, about 2-3 weeks ago they were so bad that I was waiting up to 40mins in primetime and 2-3 hours outside of it.

My Alts were all relatively new on SF after the merge (I only had one lvl 70 Lightning Sorc that I transferred from Harbinger). I needed to lvl about 20 Alts to be able to play more lvl 70. I only like to lvl in Alts once I get my ship and first one or two companions.

So because pops seems to have ground to a halt. I went back to SS and I really wish I hadn’t. Pubs aren’t half as good on SS as they are on SF and Imps are so toxic on SS that I’ve even got in game chat off most of the time. I’ve permanently turned off whisper, say, yell, trade and gen in my WZ chat tab.

Pubs on SF are pretty decent people and they are mostly friendly unless you get the occasional Imp faction hopper who mouths off and is quickly silenced by everyone.

I find Pubs are much better on SF than Imps. They are more mature and know how to actually play tactics as well as fight.

I really hope SF is still popping after I get back from my Easter get away. I’ve still got 7 Alts to get to 70.

As opposed to the chronic whining and wailing of manchildren in the wzs when we start to lose, which is often the case.

Sorry if "great attitudes" irritates you so much. :p

That’s the major difference between SF and SS. All the toxic trolls and children live on SS. The small amount who are on SF mainly play Imps and not Reps. I think the toxic Imps on SF are probably rerolls or transfers from SS before the merge. Luckily there is a smaller percentage of them than SS.

I really hope the game doesn’t need another merger before it shuts as it would destroy the civilised community that is SF.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

That’s the major difference between SF and SS. All the toxic trolls and children live on SS. The small amount who are on SF mainly play Imps and not Reps. I think the toxic Imps on SF are probably rerolls or transfers from SS before the merge. Luckily there is a smaller percentage of them than SS.

I really hope the game doesn’t need another merger before it shuts as it would destroy the civilised community that is SF.

There's definitely a difference between the two servers, both servers have childish trolls on fleet but SS has more and the WZ culture seems a bit more antagonistic and juvenile on SS.

I like SF better. And it's true, pubs do win on SF. Reminds me of Ebon Hawk tbh, we had a fairly decent number of pub PVP guilds on Ebon Hawk and sometimes even dominated.

I like SF better. And it's true, pubs do win on SF. Reminds me of Ebon Hawk tbh, we had a fairly decent number of pub PVP guilds on Ebon Hawk and sometimes even dominated.

Not surprising, since, AFAIK, EH merged into SF, and Harb merged into SS. I ended up with a bunch of toons on both the new North 'Murica servers. Maybe I'll come visit you over on SF sometimes. I'll try to leave the toxicity at home though. :D

Not surprising, since, AFAIK, EH merged into SF, and Harb merged into SS. I ended up with a bunch of toons on both the new North 'Murica servers. Maybe I'll come visit you over on SF sometimes. I'll try to leave the toxicity at home though. :D

Sure come! I have lots of RL stuffs going on, but seem to get a couple hours in the evening to PVP. Let me know when you play, and what toons, what tier etc. I got a few imps at 70, and many pubs at 65 ish atm.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.