CM prices are outrageous.

Alec_Fortescue

17k cartel coins if you're into getting everything from the current pack. Wow. Just wow. This is just outrageous and a disgusting cash grab. Something that takes hours of work of a moderately experienced 3d modeller is sold for an entire studio's several years worth of work...

No, just no. Now that you sell everything via direct purchase you should lower the prices, especially on lower quality items.

I mean, you don't have to buy everything. And you could buy three hypercrates today and not get everything.

Agreed that I'd prefer armour sets and weapons to be more in the 250-750CC range, but I'm not gonna twist my knickers about it. The stuff is available now, without shelling out 125mil on the GTN. This is a good thing.

I mean, you don't have to buy everything. And you could buy three hypercrates today and not get everything.

Agreed that I'd prefer armour sets and weapons to be more in the 250-750CC range, but I'm not gonna twist my knickers about it. The stuff is available now, without shelling out 125mil on the GTN. This is a good thing.

I could buy 3 hypercrates but end up with enough stuff to sell for in-game creds to get everything from gtn ;s now it's gonna be pain to find well-priced lower tier items.

Honestly the change to the cartel market is ridiculous IMO.

I don't mind the individual direct sales, fine, but not "Everything" is listed on the market at the moment.

Plus, where is the Cybernetic Varactyl Mount that's in the collections? I don't see it listed under Mounts, so they forgot to add that from the "Ultimate" hypercrate.

I'm glad I passed on buying this one, didn't really feel like spending 5600 or whatever it was... I miss the old days when Hypercrates were 4300.

Honestly the change to the cartel market is ridiculous IMO.

I don't mind the individual direct sales, fine, but not "Everything" is listed on the market at the moment.

Plus, where is the Cybernetic Varactyl Mount that's in the collections? I don't see it listed under Mounts, so they forgot to add that from the "Ultimate" hypercrate.

I'm glad I passed on buying this one, didn't really feel like spending 5600 or whatever it was... I miss the old days when Hypercrates were 4300.

"everything" will become available in april.

17k cartel coins if you're into getting everything from the current pack. Wow. Just wow. This is just outrageous and a disgusting cash grab. Something that takes hours of work of a moderately experienced 3d modeller is sold for an entire studio's several years worth of work...

No, just no. Now that you sell everything via direct purchase you should lower the prices, especially on lower quality items.

I'm wondering if this is going to backfire on them. Before 5.8, I was at 100% in collections on cartel pack items. I would normally buy 3 (sometimes 4) of every new hypercrate and was usually able to pull most of the items. I could then buy what I didn't pull from the GTN and still usually have plenty of credits left over from the excess items I got in packs.

Now, to get all the new items through direct sale, I would have to spend even more CC than I was spending in the past and I don't even get the extra credits back from GTN sales.

I guess I'll just pick and choose on the new items now and save myself some $$$.

Most won't be interested in buying everything, so they will not mind paying a markup to get the one thing they wanted. This is what BW will be monitoring over the next week, as well as the next month when "all" items are available.

As far as direct sale of new items only - my prediction is they make more money this way, because it will entice more people who actually have to spend $$ to get CCs. I think the days of new item releases in packs is over. Just my thoughts/not-worth-2-cents prediction.

As far as direct sale of everything - that is going to be really interesting. I think they will make an obscene amount of money from folks who want to complete collections, weren't in game when something released, etc. But, I don't know how it will compare to buying the new packs, which give you a shot at everything, and give you, on the whole, far more value for your $$, especially if you sell what you don't really want.

There is nothing in the CM great sale that I will buy. I was curious after the announcement, but the prices are a bit steep and the sale XX% off is arbitrary.. To me if something is 5000 and 2 people buy it, its not as good as 1000 and 15 people buy, especially when its pixels and doesn't cost to make after the 1st.

I haven't bought in a while other than XP/CMD boosts. If things came down 40 real % I would consider.