The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The End of SWTOR ? Dev's please read.

MajorTuff

You tube Videos have been posted about the End of SWTOR due to the making of Anthem & other reasons.

I hope & pray SWTOR never Ends. I hope the Servers for SWTOR stay online for many years to come.

As long as SWTOR is making $$$ & has a good player Base, then why pull the plug ?

I Beta tested this game & I loved it then & love it even more now. I can create & play the same Character from level 1 all the way to Level 70 more then once just to enjoy the story lines & the laughs over again.

I think it would be foolish to do away with SWTOR. I don't care what new Games may be coming out.

I love my Light Sabre. I love all the Characters I've created & I've introduced the Game to a couple Friends & they love it.

In short, I ask Bioware & EA to think 3X before you ever decide to pull the plug on SWTOR.

Thank you.

You'd think a beta tester would have seen lots of 'game is dead' rumors but I guess experience is no sure antidote for fearful naivete.

Not to mention should know by now which sub forum to post this in...

OP, wrong place, this is for discussion of the wider Star Wars universe, not SWTOR. General Discussion thataway ->

I don't know if they already have SWToR on the cutting table or not, what I do know is, this Destiny knock off(Anthem) is going to fail, and fail miserably. IMO and many gaming media pre launch testers. Edited by byronback
missing word

I do not believe any online game do not come to a end. It needs a professional programing expert like in the days before this release year 2011. Old Republic game is up to 4k graphics is up to date and its designed is like a movie is on a path for business last forever. I think I seen it like a blink of a eye is where you have found on you tub. I think is a prank or fake news try to draw attention away from business.

I beta tested this too. And i seen those vids poster is talking bout. Some of them are older then a year ago too. Plus yesterday i hear thru another that they heard on twitch, that their be a 5.9a patch as soon after 5.9 is release. The Theron story will be wrapped up and any and all things Knights of the Eternal any thing will be done with. Then a 6.0 will roll out some time this year that will bring the old days back Republic vs Imperial. Which i am guessing will bring an end to the alliance, that part is a guess.

And there was something that they mention. that they may be an expansion or in a form of a patch for next chapter, "Maybe". Also they are supposedly working on another Stronghold.

Now this was a vid on youtube from a guy that watched the twitch show yesterday is when i saw it so he was talking probably 2 days ago he saw the twitch feed.

Now can any 1 else Back this up with a link cause like i said the is is from a vid that came out yesterday on youtube. I dont know if i can find it again or not?

I hope this is true cause if it is then thats promising for SWTOR Future.....

And after 6 and a half years that with beta testing, i do not want to see this Game go under. It would be SWG all over again....

Wishing you all Good Health & Peace..........

I don't know if they already have SWToR on the cutting table or not, what I do know is, this Destiny knock off(Anthem) is going to fail, and fail miserably. IMO and many gaming media pre launch testers.

Yeah, I agree. Anthem's going to bomb, and then hopefully with no other Star Wars projects going on, EA will finally give Bio a little funding.

SWToR will be around for a very long time. If I'm wrong, I will eat my shoe.

The whole thing.

Ok i will hold you to that. On the day the servers shut down, i will have one Filet of Sole for you to eat, extra shoe string fries on the side. & of course for Dessert, A Glazed Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Insert. MMMMMM thats good stuff. lol

Wishing you all Good Health & Peace.......

• 1 month later...
I know they are betting the farm on Anthem, but i dont care one bit about it. Without Star Wars, I’m out

That makes two of us. Please do what ever it takes to keep swtor going. I love this game, to me its like home.(add a Zakuul apartment and it will be home) Swtor Forever!! :cool:

There is no reason to close this game. A lot of old, "ancient diluvian dated" graphics MMOs from early 2000/ending 90s are running on right now and they don't talk about closing doors (or servers) like LOTRO and a lot of others.

There are so many types of players around the world. Some of them don't care about graphics, some mechanics or pvp content. Some just like a well crafted story and a bunch of interesting npcs to keep company. The lore of this game should be part of the SW canon and the fans of the franchise love to play swtor as well. So, I don't see a real reason to terminate it.

The player base is loyal, the story is well made, the game is fun and greatly joyfull on the repeatable aspect. Some MMO "outdated" are less fun to play and yet still running today.

if they close the gates, well, they will surely regret that.

Edited by AlizenSky

I don't want Anthem to bomb. I hope it does well.

But I don't want swtor to be ignored or shut down in favour of other things. This game I really do love it.

What I really would love to see is for Bioware to return to form. In fact I would love to see that with many game developers , film makers and different media etc.

To remember dedication to story, characters and good gameplay.

Edited by eoral

I don't know if they already have SWToR on the cutting table or not, what I do know is, this Destiny knock off(Anthem) is going to fail, and fail miserably. IMO and many gaming media pre launch testers.

I don't think Anthem is going to fail but i DO think its not going to live up to EA's unrealistic expectations which is worse then failing.

Just like Dead Space 3, Dead Space 1 and 2 where hits not huge hits but hits then EA pumped a ton of money into DS3 and it did better then 1 and 2... but failed to meet expectations that were impossible.

• 3 weeks later...
The only thing i really miss in SWTOR lately is BW's love and effort they had for this game in the beginning. It seems the last couple of years was just "Meh... Story", but i want Story produced with love and depth. I hope the upcoming expansion includes the same depth as DA:I has for example.