Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

New Conquest System: First Impressions

MorseGod

Actually quite a few people have asked & made posts on the forums regarding PvP grants points only with wins, crafting to win needs nerfed, and Ops lockouts need nerfed.

So yeah...While the conquest nerf as a whole wasn't asked for, they compiled it into the update.

The only reason for me to make PvP were the conquest points, if they are only granted for wins I will never play that crap. There better ways for time sink. They should remove PvP complete from conquest and command points

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason for me to make PvP were the conquest points, if they are only granted for wins I will never play that crap. There better ways for time sink. They should remove PvP complete from conquest and command points

I for one enjoy pvp and the old conquest. I think we should all be able to play however we want and have a chance at winning

This is not a pvp vs pve thing. They screwed us all.

They can keep the current system, it just needs tweaks, like repeatable PvP, GSP, FP's and a helluva lot more points. And every goal should be PER character, nothing should ever be once per Legacy. Alts are too important in this game.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but from the changes made, I think they intended to cut alts out to a great degree. I think the intent behind that is mostly directed to crafting, so you can't have someone with 50 alts, each with 8 lvl 50 companions, crank out 40,000 invasion forces in a week (or whatever figure a previous poster in the thread referenced being able to do). Getting that many alts, with that many lvl 50 companions, is a MONUMENTAL timesink.

The same goes for someone with 8+ toons that are reasonably geared for PVP, compared to someone who has 1 toon in 230s (i.e., a newbie). They are going to complete a lot more weekly missions simply because they have more geared toons. So, now PVP objectives are legacy-based.

I'm not saying I agree with the approach. I have a healthy supply of geared alts, lvl 50 companions, etc., so it certainly doesn't play to my advantage. I'm just saying, "here is a design intent that fits with these changes," however terrible one may think the implementation is. So, if that's their intent (again, this is just my speculation), I would not hold out hope that they will make everything repeatable.

And, I will say it again: we haven't even finished a single conquest event under the new system. So, it's extremely unlikely that BW is going to say "oops", give us a sheepish grin, and roll this back. They are going to gather their data while managing the situation for the time being.

Ignore the overreaction mentality of the mob. Most of them have admitted through many posts that they will never be pleased with any change, or that they are too resistent to change to improve themselves.

In an attempt to give this fickle playerbase exactly what they asked for, they met it with hostility, negativity, poor perspective, and a lack of adaptibility. Ill be interested to see and understand the reasoning behind the changes that were made, and make an educated assessment of whether each aspect was a reasonable change.

Spoken like a true member or guild master of a huge guild (or non-conquester)

Thank you for the perspective of the rare person for whom the changes worked good for. You win the award for being the least constructive post of the day.

Heres the thing that you may want to consider though, if 90% of the players leave the game because of this, what will the game be like for the big guilders that are left?

While reading many of the post from players in this thread I have to completely disagree with your above statement. They had this post which stated conquest changes were coming in 5.8 which was posted on 03/01/18. In that post there were many post asking for clarity of what exactly was changing, nothing was presented on what was changing. Also in their stream they had a quick screen shot followed with your gonna love these changes yet no real information was shared.

So to say that this is what "we" asked for I say no, I clearly want to know "who" said this was a great idea that everyone would love b/c clearly "they" don't play this game.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9549316#edit9549316

Spoken like a true member or guild master of a huge guild (or non-conquester)

Thank you for the perspective of the rare person for whom the changes worked good for. You win the award for being the least constructive post of the day.

Heres the thing that you may want to consider though, if 90% of the players leave the game because of this, what will the game be like for the big guilders that are left?

He's trolling you guys. Don't take his bait.

Edited by PorsaLindahl

The point you are missing is that nobody knows who "the top 3 guilds" are. We are only 3 days in. Guilds that choose to give up already wont be those top 3, but that is their choice. The game doesnt end at the end of this weeks conquest either. Your guild and players can choose to make adjustments to become the top guild in their tier, or they can stand pat and fall again. That is a decision that each guild must make.

Not really, we know who the top 3 conquest guilds are, as they are the same top 3 as before the new system went into place. Now that all the small/medium guilds are no longer any part of conquest participation, the only variable will be how many planets the big guilds try to take. Some of the big guilds have 6-7 physical guilds, so really 1 big guild could be trying to take two small planets, two medium planets and two large planets in 1 single week.

It will definitely be closer to the end of the day. The post is fairly long and most importantly it covers things we intend to change and when. It will take some time to gather, confirm, triple check, and get it all laid out. We're working on it though and will have it out as soon as possible.

-eric

Sounds like won't be much because end of day sounds like putting it off so you don't have to deal with the aftermath. And Bioware's recent track record including other games in recent years have taken huge hits and the dealing with players with arrogance. No wonder ME is toast as a franchise (ignored ME3 issues and flat out messed up with Andromeda). So keep up down the path and you could be the next Maxis. EA will kill a studio without blinking twice.

There was a really good post earlier in the thread regarding this, basically they would have to limit the small to small guilds, medium to medium, and large to large; they could go by overall qualifying accounts. Also they could have 2 planets for each as well.

But how then would small guilds have a chance to get title of ALL the planets? Impossible. How would the big guilds that added some new members get titles for the small planets? Why not use my idea and every guild can spend the next year getting all the titles and benefits. Only solution that allows ALL size guilds a chance to get all the planets is an even playing field and this new system allows for that if they just put a reasonable conquer-amount on all planets that any guild can reach (small guilds with some stretching-pushing)