The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Add Credit Cap Removal/Increase purchase in the Cartel Market.

A one-time purchase that either raises the credit cap significantly or removes it entirely for F2P/Preferred players. Make it pricy of course, nothing less than 2kCC, more for being account-wide, but those willing to pay for it wouldn't have to deal with the horrors of the Legacy Bank or Escrow. Edited by Loadsamonie

"I don't want to pay for a subscription, and this is the only thing keeping me subscribed. I have 2000cc saved up from my free cc each month. Please give me this unlock so I can stop paying you for this game."

Fixed that for you.

You make it sound as if the Credit Cap is the only reason people Sub in the first place.

The credit cap is one of, if the the, biggest incentives to subscribe. There have been more than a few posters who indicated that they have all the available account unlocks and if it were not for the credit cap, they would be able to play the game the same way without the subscription.

Now, let's look at this logically. If Johnny were subscribing because he likes the game, then he would have no credit cap and no reason to purchase the "credit cap unlock", would he?

The most logical, if not the only logical, reason for someone wanting to be able to remove the credit cap for F2P or preferred is because they want to play for FREE without having to worry about that pesky credit cap.

Edited by Ratajack

The credit cap is one of, if the the, biggest incentives to subscribe. There have been more than a few posters who indicated that they have all the available account unlocks and if it were not for the credit cap, they would be able to play the game the same way without the subscription.

Now, let's look at this logically. If Johnny were subscribing because he likes the game, then he would have no credit cap and no reason to purchase the "credit cap unlock", would he?

The most logical, if not the only logical, reason for someone wanting to be able to remove the credit cap for F2P or preferred is because they want to play for FREE without having to worry about that pesky credit cap.

this is kind of false information, because the fact is. all your big ticket items only sell to people with sub. those that play strictly as preferred avoid the GTN all together. unless it is to buy a light saber or crafting mats below the credit cap and of the huge inflated prices of cartel items you loose out on a big player base who cant and will not pay for those items...

a one-time purchase that either raises the credit cap significantly or removes it entirely for f2p/preferred players. Make it pricy of course, nothing less than 2kcc, more for being account-wide, but those willing to pay for it wouldn't have to deal with the horrors of the legacy bank or escrow.

i want this so much ill pay cc to have it / how much is your call

I would prefer temporary unlocks for less. For instance, one month full or partial credit unlock for $5. This game is no longer worth $15 a month to me, but I would at least hang around to buy decos and decorate for $5 a month. I think of it as more of a micro sub. Since I'm not really engaging with the rest of the game anymore, allow me to purchase just the portion I still want to interact with. I will probably pay for the $15 when there are new story releases, but that's about it for now.

I would prefer temporary unlocks for less. For instance, one month full or partial credit unlock for $5. This game is no longer worth $15 a month to me, but I would at least hang around to buy decos and decorate for $5 a month. I think of it as more of a micro sub. Since I'm not really engaging with the rest of the game anymore, allow me to purchase just the portion I still want to interact with. I will probably pay for the $15 when there are new story releases, but that's about it for now.

You can play as preferred for free, although you do not get access to all the bells and whistles.

If you want any of the bells and whistles you do not get while playing as preferred, then the answer is simple. SUBSCRIBE.

If you don't feel that not having a credit cap and stronghold decorating are worth $15/month, then don't subscribe. Don't complain that CHOOSING to play for FREE means that you have to deal with that pesky credit cap, though.

Edited by Ratajack

You can play as preferred for free, although you do not get access to all the bells and whistles.

If you want any of the bells and whistles you do not get while playing as preferred, then the answer is simple. SUBSCRIBE.

If you don't feel that not having a credit cap and stronghold decorating are worth $15/month, then don't subscribe. Don't complain that CHOOSING to play for FREE means that you have to deal with that pesky credit cap, though.

So why are you against F2P/Preferred players having a one-time fee to permanently remove the credit cap for non-subs? Seems like it would be a hot seller and make Bioware a lot of money.

So why are you against F2P/Preferred players having a one-time fee to permanently remove the credit cap for non-subs? Seems like it would be a hot seller and make Bioware a lot of money.

It has been explained before, but the credit cap is one of the biggest incentives to subscribe. More than a few posters have indicated that if it were not for the credit cap they would not subscribe.

Given that 12 months of subscription at the single month rate is $180, how much should BW charge to give players the option to play for free with no credit cap to offset the potential long term loss in revenue?

The actual game should be the incentive to subscribe. But it's cool. If I don't get to pick out the part I want, I keep my money entirely. Simple. Fortunately, I play a game that has a lower subscription that I still engage with, so I don't need this one. Yes, I would just like to engage with this one a bit more since I used to really like it, but its not necessary.

It's like selling a one sized can. True, if one wants any of what is in the can, they can buy the whole can. Nevertheless, most companies seem to sell multiple sizes of a product, so that prospective buyers can buy just what they want rather than skip buying at all. It's probably because the person selling needs the money more than the person buying needs the thing sold from that source.

There's nothing wrong with offering options that are still monthly payment, but are less money and offer a smaller package of features.

The actual game should be the incentive to subscribe. But it's cool. If I don't get to pick out the part I want, I keep my money entirely. Simple. Fortunately, I play a game that has a lower subscription that I still engage with, so I don't need this one. Yes, I would just like to engage with this one a bit more since I used to really like it, but its not necessary.

It's like selling a one sized can. True, if one wants any of what is in the can, they can buy the whole can. Nevertheless, most companies seem to sell multiple sizes of a product, so that prospective buyers can buy just what they want rather than skip buying at all. It's probably because the person selling needs the money more than the person buying needs the thing sold from that source.

There's nothing wrong with offering options that are still monthly payment, but are less money and offer a smaller package of features.

Does the person who only PVP's get to pay a pittance to participate in unlimited solo PVP or do they still have to subscribe, even if that PVP the only part of the game they "want"?

Does the person who never PVP's and is only interested in OPS get to pay a pittance to enjoy those OPS or does he still have to subscribe, even though he doesn't want the "whole game"?

The same concept applies to strongholds, decorating those strongholds and the credit cap.

If you do not feel that the game, either as a whole or just the portions which you "want", is worth the $15/month subscription cost, then feel free to keep your money in your pocket. No one is forcing you to subscribe.

Does the person who only PVP's get to pay a pittance to participate in unlimited solo PVP or do they still have to subscribe, even if that PVP the only part of the game they "want"?

Does the person who never PVP's and is only interested in OPS get to pay a pittance to enjoy those OPS or does he still have to subscribe, even though he doesn't want the "whole game"?

The same concept applies to strongholds, decorating those strongholds and the credit cap.

If you do not feel that the game, either as a whole or just the portions which you "want", is worth the $15/month subscription cost, then feel free to keep your money in your pocket. No one is forcing you to subscribe.

That was the original point of the pvp & ops passes. When f2p launched they advertised it as "a la carte". Pay to play the parts of the game you are interested in. Removing those with 5.0 didn't seem to help the game in any way.

That was the original point of the pvp & ops passes. When f2p launched they advertised it as "a la carte". Pay to play the parts of the game you are interested in. Removing those with 5.0 didn't seem to help the game in any way.

I fully understand that, but those passes have been removed.

There is no "a la carte" any longer. IMO, there is nothing wrong with that change.

Could BW bring those passes back? Sure, but for now they are not an option.

Either Johnny feels the part(s) of the game he enjoys is(are) worth the meager $15/month to subscribe or he doesn't.

Let's be honest, the vast majority of people who do not subscribe are not likely going to be spending much, if anything on CC's. Those who subscribe will likely still represent the vast majority of revenue for BW, either in subscription revenue or CC's purchased.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes...

Those are exactly the points that are supposed to be inferred. Let people pay for what they want. I'm kinda surprised you asked if that was the case. I'm not the kind of person that feels my favorite gameplay is the only one that should be accommodated. The game is just that, a game. It's not a status symbol to lord over other players. As for keeping my money in my pocket, I do.

The only reason I am subbed now even though I'm not really playing is because of the Eternal Empire deal. I got enough things that I do use out of that to justify the $20 I spent. I got two months sub in addition to the extra cartel coins that you get upfront before the monthly grant. So $10 for unlocking some alliance alerts, my credit cap and something around 1000 coins for a month was worthwhile. Those are things I engage with. However, you can't do that every month, so when this sub runs out I'll wait another 6 months or whatever it is until I am eligible for the deal again... or there is a large enough story expansion to make me come off the money.

It's hardly unreasonable to ask for something you actually use for the money you spend.

But on a side note, saying that players should be paying up is practical. The game needs money to survive. Saying, take your money that you are willing to pay and go is not. $10 deposits at the bank just like $15.