The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Vanilla companions direct sale

I would love to have Ashara as a companion for my jedi, same thing with Vector, i also would greatly enjoy Scourge as a companion for my sith.

I would prefer the Vanilla versions over the KOTXX version because they have extra lines of dialog triggered by the part of the map they are that i enjoy a lot.

These are assets that are already in the game, so this would be a relatively easy source of cc sales.

I'm not a fan of the random aspect of packs i prefer to just buy the item i want directly.

Sorry but i don't want to pay for my class companions when i already did a quest for them!

This wouldn't remove them from the story, it would just add them to the cartel market, you would still be able to get them from the story.

It would, but that's not happening, so this is an alternative that would benefit BW and that could be more attractive to them.

People won't pay to get companions from other classes since all classes can recruit : Kayla Djannis, Aric Jorgan, Torian Cadera, Blizz, Guss, Skadge, Rusk,Vette, Gault and soon Mako and Akaavi Spar. This will be clearly seen as discrimination, aka " why they get all of the above for free and i have to PAY for Ashara?? " .

Gotta admit, one good idea in this thread is introduction of all comps at Odessen terminal - i mean all the missing ones and the "class only" ones. Problem solved! You get your Ashara as a Jedi character, i get w/e comps i want, everybody is happy. :p

This is related if not a little off topic from OP, but...

I like companions. I never liked the original "distribution" amongst classes. It had to be done this way i assume because of story and the specific companions part in the story. I would have written things a bit different....

I would support custom "building" of my companion team.....if it was worthwhile. Which it really isnt. I wouldnt push for redevelopment of companions into all storylines, or new romance dialogues with other classes. Seems like there are better uses of resources..imo.

However, i can understand people wanting to run solo content with their choice of companion and their own preference in "pairing."

Maybe opening all companions to different classes for this reason would be nice...or it could open a can of worms with players requesting/ demanding more..

Ashur

People won't pay to get companions from other classes since all classes can recruit : Kayla Djannis, Aric Jorgan, Torian Cadera, Blizz, Guss, Skadge, Rusk,Vette, Gault and soon Mako and Akaavi Spar. This will be clearly seen as discrimination, aka " why they get all of the above for free and i have to PAY for Ashara?? " .

Gotta admit, one good idea in this thread is introduction of all comps at Odessen terminal - i mean all the missing ones and the "class only" ones. Problem solved! You get your Ashara as a Jedi character, i get w/e comps i want, everybody is happy. :p

You don't think they will pay you mean, i would pay, people can buy lvl 70 boosts but any sub or ex sub can level to 70 for free.

I'm not really a fan of the idea of getting all the possible companions on all the classes. Vanilla companions were done so good because they were tied to the specific class stories.

So well? You mean like the Jedi who is still light side despite hanging around with a sith? Or whatever the hell that was with Skadge?

Plus if they are available for sale you don't have to buy them, so nothing really changes for you.

This is related if not a little off topic from OP, but...

I like companions. I never liked the original "distribution" amongst classes. It had to be done this way i assume because of story and the specific companions part in the story. I would have written things a bit different....

I would support custom "building" of my companion team.....if it was worthwhile. Which it really isnt. I wouldnt push for redevelopment of companions into all storylines, or new romance dialogues with other classes. Seems like there are better uses of resources..imo.

However, i can understand people wanting to run solo content with their choice of companion and their own preference in "pairing."

Maybe opening all companions to different classes for this reason would be nice...or it could open a can of worms with players requesting/ demanding more..

Ashur

Players requesting/wanting more is not a can of worms, they have to keep on producing content, this would just give them an idea of something the players want.

So well? You mean like the Jedi who is still light side despite hanging around with a sith? Or whatever the hell that was with Skadge?

Plus if they are available for sale you don't have to buy them, so nothing really changes for you.

Inquisitor is my main char, and I have 2 high levels now, from my experience that jedi if you mean on the Ashara Zavros is with the story moving forward getting darker, in the start when you pick her she is not a confident jedi but just apprentice with the doubts about the life in general and the jedi order which code she doesn't strictly follows and in the future I guess there will be a chance for her to become sith in the same way as Anakin turned sides.

When I said how I prefer companions tied more to the class stories I meant how they are because of that more complex characters which add spice to the individual class stories, with the backgrounds which fit those classes, and that to me is always better from the option of turning them into just generic companions which would be made to fit all the classes.

Edited by Lunablade

Inquisitor is my main char, and I have 2 high levels now, from my experience that jedi if you mean on the Ashara Zavros is with the story moving forward getting darker, in the start when you pick her she is not a confident jedi but just apprentice with the doubts about the life in general and the jedi order which code she doesn't strictly follows and in the future I guess there will be a chance for her to become sith in the same way as Anakin turned sides.

When I said how I prefer companions tied more to the class stories I meant how they are because of that more complex characters which add spice to the individual class stories, with the backgrounds which fit those classes, and that to me is always better from the option of turning them into just generic companions which would be made to fit all the classes.

Class story is over, not coming back anymore.

This is a way to give players more options, and since i'm suggesting it as apid option only those who are really interested would use it, and it is something that can be added easily, so nothing else will need to be neglected to add this.

And i think you are very wrong about Ashara, do you really think she would enjoy being insulted constantly because she's an alien? Unless you expect her to live in the ship 24/7.

I would rather have the choice of saving my acolytes, and i would rather have a choice when i recruit Xalek, you can tell this was added hastily since there's little point to getting Xalek and once you get him he disappears from the story, he was just added so the inquisitor had 5 companions like everyone else.

I respect both sides of this, but you can count me amongst the number who would be willing to pay money in order to obtain certain companions with certain characters.

I want to reunite Risha and Vette (without having to be a Smuggler). This was a huge missed opportunity.

I want my Jedi Knight to take Ashara and LS Jaesa under his wing, rather than leaving them in the hands of the Sith.

There are just certain combinations that I would be willing to pay for, that at first I never thought were possible (and then I had my hopes raised for, only to be dashed once again).

I do not expect new cutscenes or extra dialogue or any additional effort to go into them. I would be happy just getting them in their as-is state.

Heck, half the reason is just so that when I'm visiting my stronghold, I never have to see a companion converted into a Hologram. It looks stupid to see a Hologram locked up inside my jail cells.

And i think you are very wrong about Ashara, do you really think she would enjoy being insulted constantly because she's an alien? Unless you expect her to live in the ship 24/7.

I would rather have the choice of saving my acolytes, and i would rather have a choice when i recruit Xalek, you can tell this was added hastily since there's little point to getting Xalek and once you get him he disappears from the story, he was just added so the inquisitor had 5 companions like everyone else.

Well I think how LS Ashara would be disappointed with the republic to frankly when she would realize how much hypocrisy is hidden under its umbrella and discover for example the entire history how republic treated aliens on the Taris or what's doing with the prisoners and aliens on the Belsavis.

Another thing is , I think how Ashara which would lean towards the dark side would criticize the aliens ( slaves ) and take the stance how they need to rise up and fight for their positions and rights in the galaxy and not be content with their current positions. Also she is a companion to none other than the Darth Nox which case has proven how with enough strength and determination even the former slave can rise in the empire ranks to the highest positions. And believe me none is insulting Darth Nox in the empire anymore, even the people which would do that give up from that because they are afraid of all the power of that character.

Also with some different leaders on the empire side with the views like Malgus has about the aliens there is a chance that the empire would be reformed from the inside, even Ashara is advocating that path in the story ( and its doing just that slowly over the time, you even meet for example on the Makeb a cathar high ranked officer of the empire army ) .

About the Xalex I agree with you, he is added to late in the story and at that point the player cannot build good connection with that character.

Edited by Lunablade

Given the emphasis on in-game purchases, and the growing alliance of companions, providing the option of purchasing NPCs not currently available in KOTFE/KOTET makes sense. As SWTOR is at least closing out this saga by limiting most companion returns to their original class, let players have the option of adding the remaining NPCs that they want. However, depending on the current budget for the game and current staff available, this might be either too expense or too complex to handle in the Cartel Market.