Too laggy to move/fight

dmetria

My point is that, this game may require Upgrades for some people,

And 9800 GTX only got 40-50 FPS in WoW before ULTRA, and I know this because I had one before my 260GTX and 560GTX , if you could only see the diffrence you my friend would know my point.

Then you have reading issues. I can run skyrim with highest settings without zero FPS problems on my 9800GT. So you have no idea what 9800 is capable of nowadays.

Are we clear on this?

Edited by Joshbonrise

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were some reports during Beta if issues with AMD drivers, specifically, I believe?

If you're using AMD, you may recall that they had a few growing pains with RAGE not too long ago.

A recent driver update improved Skyrim performance a bit. Takes AMD a bit of time to patch for new releases.

Give it a few weeks, and we'll have a driver with improved performance in TOR.

No I need proof.

LoL. I do not need to prove myself on this. And I have no reason to lie about it. There's no game I can not run at high settings on my PC atm. My Pc can also handle way better than my friends who have way better PC than mine.

I have all settings highest (supported with my GPU) on Skyrim or any other game you can name and I tried and Ive tried almost all. From Crysis 2 to BF3 to COD and Skyrm.

9800GT is still on sales and almost compared to the newest Nvidia Cards. If you have no idea about this then instead of saying 'NO,it cant or I need proof' try to find a friend who knows alot about GPUs. Ask how could 9800 series handle the newest games and you will get your proof.

EDIT: I twice checked now. I just wanted to be sure that I didnt close any details like shadows or etc and no. All is high/ultra settings as highest as can be with all ticks and shadow settings etc everything is maxed out. And I have zero FPS issues outside or in dgs. Sometimes when it gets so foggy It feels a little bit unsmooth for a sec then it turns normal. So if my words mean anything, here's the proof as I double checked.

There were some reports during Beta if issues with AMD drivers, specifically, I believe?

If you're using AMD, you may recall that they had a few growing pains with RAGE not too long ago.

A recent driver update improved Skyrim performance a bit. Takes AMD a bit of time to patch for new releases.

Give it a few weeks, and we'll have a driver with improved performance in TOR.

And yes, I believe that's the issue. Lately Both ATI and AMD GPUs having issues which didnt effect Nvidia it seems. My friends have way better AMD and ATI GPUs and I only got 9800GT (Which been said it's 5 yo yes) and I have no issues at all. That's why I trust Nvidia all the times.

Edited by Joshbonrise

"I'm having the same issue with a 2.27 GHz Intel i5 and a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330. This 'upgrade or go home talk' is unacceptable (not that I'm talking bout BW here at all, I'd use a better word than unacceptable, but I'm being nice). Don't want to actually help, get out of the thread. The people here were able to play during beta, there were no problems then, so there should be no problems now."

"I'm okay with getting a temporary fix, while Bioware works on a permanent one, that's completely reasonable. I'll play with lag if I have to, or I won't play until its fixed, all I want to hear is 'we're looking into it, we'll take care of it'. I trust them."

"I'm having the same issue with a 2.27 GHz Intel i5 and a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330. This 'upgrade or go home talk' is unacceptable (not that I'm talking bout BW here at all, I'd use a better word than unacceptable, but I'm being nice). Don't want to actually help, get out of the thread. The people here were able to play during beta, there were no problems then, so there should be no problems now."

"I'm okay with getting a temporary fix, while Bioware works on a permanent one, that's completely reasonable. I'll play with lag if I have to, or I won't play until its fixed, all I want to hear is 'we're looking into it, we'll take care of it'. I trust them."

I'm guessing that came from another thread. These are the exact words that I have been trying to say. Please Bioware, say SOMETHING.

"No, it's a typing quirk. However, yes, I'm with you."

I mean it's nice I'm not the only one. This is really ridiculous. Are you on AMD/ATI also? And this question goes out to all people who played beta and it worked FINE. Let's work together to find a commonality because Bioware won't help us! (I don't mean to sound rude, I understand it's launch day)

"May I say, the 'shadows trick', as it were (that is, turning them off), is making a huge difference even on Character Select. So, it functions as a temp fix."

I mean it's nice I'm not the only one. This is really ridiculous. Are you on AMD/ATI also? And this question goes out to all people who played beta and it worked FINE. Let's work together to find a commonality because Bioware won't help us! (I don't mean to sound rude, I understand it's launch day)

"Yeah, I'm ATI Radeon as I said. I think your message comes a bit unclear, you seem to mean, it may be a while before we get a full response from Bioware. Anyway, the shadow fix seems to work."

Edited by RyukanoHi

No I need proof.

This post is not colorful enough. Can't read it in this state

@Topic

I've had these fps problems in the last two beta weekends, and now it seems they have not been fixed. I will not be in the Early Access for a while, but seeing that this problem still exist worries me. Changing graphic settings did almost nothing for the fps back then. I dont want any wonders here, but my PC should be fine for this game. The Witcher 2, Rift, Skyrim, Battlefield 3 all run fine on high settings and look great. In the Beta i usually dropped to around 20 fps as soon as a handful of other players showed up on my screen, and as low as 10 in warzones. This was not a consistent issue, i have played a few warzones with acceptable fps, but sooner rather than later my fps dropped, and never got up again until i rebooted.

AMD Phenom II x4 920 (2,8ghz), 6GB Ram, Radeon HD 5830

Maybe i am wrong, and this is not the same problem. I will report back when i actually get to play the final version.

Edited by Wasimodo

slightly off topic but does anyone know if this is SLi enabled ?

I have a relatively high end system but didn't get a chance to try betas or anything and wondering how it will run look

SLi 580's

I have the same question ;)

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 12/14/2011, 00:09:02

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.110622-1503)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: System manufacturer

System Model: System Product Name

BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/05/10 19:13:52 Ver: 08.00.10

Processor: Intel® Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 16360MB RAM

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: NVxx

Display Memory: 4063 MB

Dedicated Memory: 1503 MB

Shared Memory: 2559 MB

Current Mode: 2560 x 1600 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: DELL U3011

Monitor Id: DEL4063

Native Mode: 2560 x 1600(p) (59.972Hz)

Output Type: DVI

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: NVxx

Display Memory: 4063 MB

Dedicated Memory: 1503 MB

Shared Memory: 2559 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (59Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: SyncMaster

Monitor Id: SAM0612

Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)

Output Type: DVI

wtb invite :(

You could also try downloading Game Booster 3.0 - which is basically a simple program that shots down non-needed background program running in windows when playing, and once you are done playing and closing Game Booster, it will restore them.

Just do the search, Game Booster 3.0 on google

You could also try downloading Game Booster 3.0 - which is basically a simple program that shots down non-needed background program running in windows when playing, and once you are done playing and closing Game Booster, it will restore them.

it ran fine in beta.

full important specs are

SLi GTX 580's

Core i7 920 @ 3.2ghz

12GB ddr3 tripple chan @ 1600Mhz

SSHD

Sound Blaster X-treme

was wondering if i can run it at max. I haven't had a chance to play at all but i can run Skyrim at full settings just fine.

Well, after so many hours, I figured it out.

I went into Catalyst and saw my AA settings had been maxed out. I selected use custom settings (so it would use SWTOR's) and now I'm getting 40+ FPS on 1366x768 everything maxed out. nice way to close out the night. SEE YOU GUYS TOMORROW! SO SO SO SO SORRY BIOWARE. But there's MY solution for everybody who has AMD that can't figure it out.

same problem to me on my laptop, i5-2410m, 4GB RAM, GTX 460m, Had FPS issues during the beta and now in early acces too (running/fighting-drop below 20 FPS) and dont know why, drivers updated, no overheating, no redundant running programs, its strange, Skyrim on high without problems Edited by Sherrrlock

If you are already having problems with fps/lag running software in the background will not help. It may shut down processes, but the this program continues to run.