Too laggy to move/fight

dmetria

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It ran absolutely fine in beta on 1366x768 on high (~25 fps). I currently can't get my fps above 15 on 720p wtih everything on low, shadows off, bloom off. I'm well beyond the recommended requirements:

INtel Core i5 480m

AMD radeon hd 6550m

4 gb ram

and still 150 gb left on 500 gb hybrid HD

I mean, it ran fine on beta. With everything low on 800x600, it can stay at 30 fps but every few seconds it will dip to around 10 fps. I'm so intensely frustrated I can't even take it. If you can find me some drivers to update go ahead. Be my guest. But there is nothing on the AMD website I don't already have (http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...b_win7-64.aspx)

By the way, if you think it's because my specs aren't top of the line, check some benchmarks if you want. This gpu is on the same level as the NVIDIA geforce 540m which should also be able to run this easily on high on 1366x768.

Ok I'm lost here. You are talking about lag issues yet giving graphical solutions? Are you all talking about FPS at all or server lag issues?

Cause as far as I know, if its FPS issue, it's not suppose to lag, it just FPS issue. Lag is all about the time between your PC and the server. Or I miss something here? Can someone explain please?

Ok I'm lost here. You are talking about lag issues yet giving graphical solutions? Are you all talking about FPS at all or server lag issues?

Cause as far as I know, if its FPS issue, it's not suppose to lag, it just FPS issue. Lag is all about the time between your PC and the server. Or I miss something here? Can someone explain please?

I made a threadposting that exact same thing^ and was redirected here. I am talking about FPS.

Edited by KOTOR-LOVER

I made a threadposting that exact same thing^ and was redirected here. I am talking about FPS.

Did you try Skyrim? If you have high FPS on high settings in Skyrim, you shouldnt have any FPS problems in SWTOR.

Also someone said if it was all about AMD graphic cards. or ATI maybe. I believe it can be true. Cause some of my friends have ATI cards which are way better than my 9800gt. When I can play all games at highest settings (includes Skyrim to ME, AoC, Crysis 2 or any other graphic based games without zero FPS problems), they can't even play some of those games. Extremely low FPS or can't its just like slideshow.

So anyone who has 9800gt can tell me if they are having FPS issues right now as I dont have my invitation yet to test please?

my fps seems to drop 400%(from around 30 to 5 or lower) when inside buildings/caves. That didnt happen while in beta so what did u do BioWare?? And the lagging doesnt start when im inside but it starts once im like 5 meters facing the building. if i turn 180% (to face the other side not the building) my fps goes back up. Its like you made interiors look cooler and my pc cant handle that coolness.

20fps is playable/acceptable. 5 is not.

my fps seems to drop 400%(from around 30 to 5 or lower) when inside buildings/caves. That didnt happen while in beta so what did u do BioWare?? And the lagging doesnt start when im inside but it starts once im like 5 meters facing the building. if i turn 180% (to face the other side not the building) my fps goes back up. Its like you made interiors look cooler and my pc cant handle that coolness.

20fps is playable/acceptable. 5 is not.

what's your graphic card and GPU?

Anybody having issues changing resolution? Everytime i try to change it, it reverts back to 1440...

Im running the game on a dual core 2.4ghz with radeon 3400 series

The game is so laggy and unplayable, any tips on improving this?

Upgrade your graphics card, how much ram you got? Also, have you checked temperatures? Do you use any kind of fan control? For some it might be system specs, for the rest maybe it does have something to do with the game itself.

Upgrade your graphics card, how much ram you got? Also, have you checked temperatures? Do you use any kind of fan control? For some it might be system specs, for the rest maybe it does have something to do with the game itself.

I need a better graphics card to change resolutions lower to 800x600?

I got a dell studio 15

intel core 2 duo P8600 2.4 ghz

4 gb ram

windows 7 64 bitt

3400 series ati radeon 256 mb

no fan control

I use 1440 resolution for my normal computer resolution, so i tried to go down to 800x600 , but still didnt work . .

Anybody else have issues changing resolutions or have a solution?

Thanks for the comments. I will try a few things. I've updated the drivers, but that didn't help.

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 12/13/2011, 21:08:50

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

System Model: HPE-450t

BIOS: 07/12/10 14:03:04 Ver: 6.12

Processor: Intel® Core i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.9GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8152MB RAM

Page File: 4255MB used, 12044MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5450

Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x68F9)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68F9&SUBSYS_21301462&REV_00

Display Memory: 733 MB

Dedicated Memory: 1010 MB

Shared Memory: 3819 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: Acer G235H

Monitor Model: P235H

Monitor Id: ACR00CB

Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (59.934Hz)

Output Type: HDMI

Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1094 (English)

Driver Version: 8.892.1.1000

DDI Version: 11

Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 10/24/2011 05:19:12, 862720 bytes

I have almost the exact same system as you except mine is using an Nvidia Geforce 460. I have everything maxed at 1920x1080 and i get 70-80 fps on mine. The one thing I see common to everyones problems is an ATi graphics card or a lousy integrated Intel chip that barley meets the specs. I suspect that ATI has yet another issue with their drivers. I had many issues with ATI cards running games over the years and gave up on them for this very reason. Some people swear by them, but I have never had any luck,

Edited by mcable

Absolute minimum?? lol i bought this in 2010. its a student laptop. its not the best but it sure aint absolute minimum...

Its an integrated gpu in a laptop. It is not meant for gaming. I am not sure how you consider 20fps playable.

If you are having issues it is best to post your PC specs as well. It seems some of you need to upgrade unfortunately.

Edited by Remidi

Its an integrated gpu in a laptop. It is not meant for gaming. I am not sure how you consider 20fps playable.

If you are having issues it is best to post your PC specs as well. It seems some of you need to upgrade unfortunately.

I know its not gaming, i said its a student laptop lol. its usually atleast 20fps which is playable compared to 5fps i get cuz of interiors. the 250gb space and 4gb ram is good. All thats preventing me from getting higher fps is my gpu

I have almost the exact same system as you except mine is using an Nvidia Geforce 460. I have everything maxed at 1920x1080 and i get 70-80 fps on mine. The one thing I see common to everyones problems is an ATi graphics card.

if you get 80 fps with your 460 at such high res, I should get at least 40 50 with my 9800GT at 1360* Cause 460 is a little bit better than 9800GT so hopefully I can play game without any FPS problems:)

Well I fell that some people don't realize that computers have changed in the last 5 years.

UPGRADE that is all.

duel core this 8800/9800 that, whats next 2g of ram,,, really

windows xp, or server 2000.

(edit: 9800 GTX is not a new card I had one like 4 years ago, or 2 video cards ago)

Makes my head hurt.

Random Poster: But I can watch HD youtube videos.

Me: Good......?

Edited by nesoa

Did you try Skyrim? If you have high FPS on high settings in Skyrim, you shouldnt have any FPS problems in SWTOR.

On high, not ultra, I get a solid 60fps in skyrim, more in caves. I get around 20 in tor on low... In beta on the same settings I'd easily hit 60fps unless there were mass players around.

Something is screwy somewhere.

Well I fell that some people don't realize that computers have changed in the last 5 years.

UPGRADE that is all.

duel core this 8800/9800 that, whats next 2g of ram,,, really

windows xp, or server 2000.

(edit: 9800 GTX is not a new card I had one like 4 years ago, or 2 video cards ago)

Makes my head hurt.

Random Poster: But I can watch HD youtube videos.

Me: Good......?

Funny that I can play all new games which require good graphic cards with zero FPS problems on highest settings includes Skyrim. I have 9800GT

So what's your point?

Also 9800GT still on sales with +- same prices than new ones. Did you know that?

Someone else also said he can run game good with his GT210 which is alot worse than 9800GT. So before posting with big letters : Upgrade!, learn the power of GPU models.

Edited by Joshbonrise

On high, not ultra, I get a solid 60fps in skyrim, more in caves. I get around 20 in tor on low... In beta on the same settings I'd easily hit 60fps unless there were mass players around.

Something is screwy somewhere.

YES. same exact deal with me. People need to stop telling us to upgrade. It's freaking annoying. IT WORKED IN BETA FINE>

Funny that I can play all new games which require good graphic cards with zero FPS problems on highest settings includes Skyrim. I have 9800GT

So what's your point?

My point is that, this game may require Upgrades for some people,

And 9800 GTX only got 40-50 FPS in WoW before ULTRA, and I know this because I had one before my 260GTX and 560GTX , if you could only see the diffrence you my friend would know my point.

I build Gaming PC's for a National Company i never said anything about a 210.

and where do you buy them?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=100006662&isNodeId=1&Description=9800&x=0&y=0&Page=4

not here

We have found 0 active items that match "9800", the results below are for deactivated items related to the keyword.

Edited by nesoa