HK-55 Bonus Chapter

andreivisalon

As many people know, there was a reward for being subscribed from January to August back in 2016, some of us had some gaps in between or started to play the game later on, I saw the chapter is quite a good setup and its a shame not all of us can get to play it, so maybe as you did with Darth Hexid return youll find another way for players to get it, including even a direct play or a cartel market authorization, as well as in legacy it leaves a gap of 0 at achivements which can look bad in a case of a completionist like me.

Just gonna save everyone's time and put this here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=894979

How about we save even more time and quote from this thread? (The PS to be precise).

Hey folks,

In this case there was a back-end issue that caused our launcher images to "break" and display some fairly old ones. The team has resolved the issue now and they are back to normal. Apologies for any confusion.

-eric

PS - Unrelated, your interest in being able to earn those rewards again has been noted.

But I wouldn't hold my breath or have any high expectations. BW has a tendency to twist requests.

/notsigned™

Also, Hexid isn't even close to the same situation. She was the "loser" of the DvL and was never offered as a time-limited subscriber reward.

As for not having 100% achievements... so what. People love to say how "completionist" or "OCD" they are so just so they can get stuffs they missed. Once you've gotten 100% in everything else then I'll yield to this line of reasoning.

Uh oh, you must be new to the forums.

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - the most famous of which is never get involved in a land war in Asia - but only slightly less well-known is this: Never bring up HK-55 when it means past rewards are on the line.

Never pass up a chance to use lines from The Princess Bride. I've stated in other threads that I'm pro-bringing it back, others oppose it. The argument is a pretty old one and probably won't ever die down. It just goes round and round, then disappears until someone voices interest in it and the topic explodes all over again.

Edited by DuchessKristania

/notsigned™

Also, Hexid isn't even close to the same situation. She was the "loser" of the DvL and was never offered as a time-limited subscriber reward.

As for not having 100% achievements... so what. People love to say how "completionist" or "OCD" they are so just so they can get stuffs they missed. Once you've gotten 100% in everything else then I'll yield to this line of reasoning.

I have to agree, but I'm not about to waste more time getting into a debate with the #GottaHaveItBecauseOthersHaveIt crowd.

As many people know, there was a reward for being subscribed from January to August back in 2016, some of us had some gaps in between or started to play the game later on, I saw the chapter is quite a good setup and its a shame not all of us can get to play it, so maybe as you did with Darth Hexid return youll find another way for players to get it, including even a direct play or a cartel market authorization, as well as in legacy it leaves a gap of 0 at achivements which can look bad in a case of a completionist like me.

Wow. You can't get 100% completion?

That sucks man.

You should probably just like... quit.

Wow. You can't get 100% completion?

That sucks man.

You should probably just like... quit.

Not at all helpful to the discussion. I have no problems with people who want to keep things exclusive, in fact I agree with that sentiment even though I don't have HK-55.. But stick your comment somewhere.

Interestingly enough, most of the replies are either toxic or completely pointless, I don't understand why you hold it that dear that it is only you that have it huh? I mean people who got it will not get hurt if others get it too, your replies are simply selfish without any gain at all, tell me how exactly will it affect you? Oh right it wont, just out of pure malice.

-EDIT: So that you wouldn't feel bad, they can redo 8 months of subscription for this reward, this way no one will be preferenced.

Edited by andreivisalon

Interestingly enough, most of the replies are either toxic or completely pointless, I don't understand why you hold it that dear that it is only you that have it huh? I mean people who got it will not get hurt if others get it too, your replies are simply selfish without any gain at all, tell me how exactly will it affect you? Oh right it wont, just out of pure malice.

-EDIT: So that you wouldn't feel bad, they can redo 8 months of subscription for this reward, this way no one will be preferenced.

Yeah people will get mad because they would feel played. They subscribed for those months and where promised an exclusive reward you couldn't get any other way. They earned it, everyone else that didnt get it, did not earn it no matter their situation. Some things should remain exclusive, otherwise the next time a subscriber reward is posted they may think there is no point since they will end up giving that reward out later regardless. Bioware needs to stick with their promises on this, limited time and exclusive doesn't mean bringing it back later for profit. Just wait for another exclusive reward and then earn it, you will probably feel the same not wanting to give away the rarity of what you got just because people complain they can't have it. People complaining they can't have it only solidifies the need to subscribe next time for new rewards and brings validation to the people who did earn them. That being said I did not earn the hk55 chapter and do no want it, keep it for the people who earned it and supported swtor during THAT time.

SUPPORT it should come back with some way

as about the exclusive and such crap, 1 thing to say : Return of Korrealis CANCELED SPEEDERS !!!!

Rather than re-write all the arguments again, I'm just gonna keep reposting the arguments that have already been made.

It's not based on people's happiness, elitism, entitlement, or just pure evil bastardness at not wanting new players to have the content. People bragged about not paying all the way through KotFE, and only subbing at the end, but still getting the same content, starving the company of much needed subscriptions. As a way to fight this, Bioware offered up free gifts for those who remained for certain months, with the most loyal being rewarded the bonus chapter and HK-55.

Now the same people, who are directly responsible for the lack of content due to them deciding depriving the game of money was worth more than the chapter back then, are coming back and demanding they get the chapter as well. Well, **** them. They made their choice, and rewarding them for leaving the game is possibly the most stupid thing Bioware can do - actively encouraging people to unsubscribe since you'll still be able to get all the loyalty rewards anyway.

And yes, it does suck for the new players that they can't get this single 20 minute chapter and carbon copy companion, but, from what I've seen, they aren't the ones begging for this. TBH, they wouldn't even know about it if it wasn't for the ones who know they "cheated" going on and on about how it's so unfair that they can't get loyalty rewards, while not being loyal.

(Or just feel free to read the previous thread, link is above, and we can all just ignore this thread since all the arguments for and against have already been made, several times.)

Edited by CrazyCT

Rather than re-write all the arguments again, I'm just gonna keep reposting the arguments that have already been made.

(Or just feel free to read the previous thread, link is above, and we can all just ignore this thread since all the arguments for and against have already been made, several times.)

That's funny. At least to me. I actually had a folder with several of my responses that I've made over the years just for these "I gotta have it" threads, and got criticized pretty hard over it. :eek::D

SUPPORT it should come back with some way

as about the exclusive and such crap, 1 thing to say : Return of Korrealis CANCELED SPEEDERS !!!!

...and yet another fail analogy.

The Korrealis speeders were simply in-game items that were removed. They were *never* time-limited subscriber rewards. These things cannot be compared to each other.

I neither support nor reject this idea. It'd be nice to get it, but it won't bother me much if I don't.

However, I can't quite get behind the idea of offering it up being an insult to those who already have it. The reason being that I don't believe that out of all those who stayed subbed, there were many that did so for the exclusive rewards. Actually, let me ask this instead.

Did you? Or did you stay because you like the game and wanted to support it? Did you want to continue playing with all the benefits of being a sub?

I tried playing pref once, it lasted a whole hour, if that. I sub every time I play, because playing as a non sub sucks. And when I stop playing, because you know, every now and then I need a break, I'll unsub, simple as that. And if the content is only appealing enough to keep someone subbed for a month or two a year, so be it. Blaming anyone for not supporting a game that doesn't keep them engaged, just to give the company money to produce content that might entertain them? No.

To those probably very few who actually subbed just for the special rewards: I'm with you. You shouldn't be slapped in the face. And because the minority counts, the HK-55 Bonus Chapter should not return.

But to those who are only using the same argument to hide their false sense of entitlement: stop being crybabies.

lmao, this game is on the brink of death, and you will still find people who take time to explain why some little bit of content shouldn't be available to others.

That's funny indeed how are people even willing to argue so much back and forth about the piece of pixels, imho once we finish the story for any of the companions it just becomes a regular bot like tons of others we already got under the alliance system.

Edited by Lunablade

I don't really have a problem with them making the bonus chapter available for purchase if it costs $35 or more in CC. But, on the same token, I don't think they should be granted HK-55 if they failed (for whatever reason) to meet the requirements. Get to play the chapter as HK-55: Fine. But you don't get him back, regardless.

I'm undecided if Z0-0M should be granted as reward companion for it, though. I'm leaning towards "No." But then again, what difference? She's just another cookie cutter companion to collect dust in a long list of other companions. She starts out being funny with her "Pew, pew, pew-pew." But it gets annoying real fast.

If Z0-0M remains as a reward for completing it, then I'd add an additional $10 to the cost of the chapter.

Sure, most people would've subscribed regardless. But others did subscribe during the specific time-frame of the promotion to get these rewards. Those who did so subscribed for 7 1/2 months, continuously, to ensure that they received these rewards.

I look at it this way: 7 months worth of base CC = 3500. So I think that would be a fair price to pay for the chapter. It equates to around $35.

I think that a lot of you asking for the bonus chapter may be sadly disappointed in it. It has a few "LOL" moments, and had I known then (during the promotion) what I know now, I wouldn't have maintained my subscription. Yeah, I was one of those that paid but didn't play for a few months during that time period.