The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware, NERF THE HYPERCRATES BACK

Ever since I found Kranitoko Games through YouTube, he inspired myself to start buying up Hypercrates because those included a lot of the newer items being released monthly.

I use to be Super hyped to buy those due to the fact that not only new items were released, but the pricing was pretty decent.

Standing around 4,500 Cartel Coins was good enough for us, but now in the present time, some idiot decided to be greedy and Sky rocket the pricing to 5,800 and above.

That's basically over $100 for Two Hypercrates that are Not even worth it to this day.

---

When the original Hypercrates released and you bought one, you were always guaranteed that each item was from THAT certain Hypercrate and NOTHING Else.

Today if you open a single Hypercrate, you get only One item, unless you're super lucky, two items that are from that certain Hypercrate, and the rest of the items will be randomly from Anything you can think of in the Cartel Market.

This is NOT how a Hypercrate should be. This is Unprofessional and a waste of money in my deepest opinion.

---

"Then why do you buy them? Stop buying them if you don't enjoy the way they are." I can already see people posting that, but this is how I make money, by selling the items I don't need from that Hypercrate.

Bioware, for the love of your game, Nerf the Hypercrate packs back to the way they use to be where when opened contains only the certain items that are from that Hypercrate, NOTHING ELSE.

---

Jedipedia leaked out a new upcoming Hypercrate with the title, "Ultimate Hypercrate", which when read, contains rumored 40 Cartel Packs. If this is true, I can already see the pricing and the greediness of Bioware, going out the roof pricing One Ultimate Hypercrate well above 10,000 Cartel Coins.

Not only that, I have a big fear that if I buy one, or for that matter Anyone who buys one, will receive 90-95% of Random garbage from Anywhere in the Cartel Market, and only 5-10 % of the items that are From that certain Hypercrate.

---

The pricing on todays Hypercrate is beyond ridiculous, and it will continue to go higher because Bioware doesn't want to loose this game, but if you're going to continue making future Hypercrates, Nerf them back to the way they use to work.

Do Not add in Chance cubes, just add the items that are From that certain Hypercrate, and Nothing else.

Companion gifts, crafting material, yeah that's all fine that doesn't matter, but random garbage that is hardly worth much is Not worth the effort.

Either Nerf them, or Stop creating them all together.

===

The pack pricing is out of control.

When they got rid of Bronze pack items, they promised the quality of all items in the packs would improve. Unfortunately, it didn't. There are still Bronze-equivalent items, now labeled Silver, and they just want more money for them. They need to up their game or go back to the old B/S/G labels.

With more items available in the pack AND fewer items dropping out of each pack, the chance of getting the item you want has been greatly reduced. I would rather see new packs released more often with a small selection of items, or less frequent releases with more items dropping per pack. (The smaller packs would need to be cheaper.) Basically, if you buy a Hypercrate, you should pretty much get one of everything at Silver (AKA Bronze), most of everything at Gold (AKA Silver), and at least one Platinum. It should be statistically impossible to spend $25 and get nothing but GTN junk.

I would prefer to see Chance Cubes completely removed from packs and the chance of old pack items popping out of new packs significantly reduced. Place Chance Cubes as a permanent item in the Cartel Market if you want to slowly drain away people's Cartel Coins and make steady profit. While they're at it, add Cartel Certificates.

They also need to stop releasing BUGGY items in the packs. We're paying real money for these items!

However they want to fix it, it needs fixing.

Edited by Xina_LA

Packs are a waste of money, yes. You already know this. Ypu also already know that you are not happy with the current hypercrate results.

There is only one solution: stop buying them. But you apparently know this too already.

Edited by DeVanagloris

Both me and my friends stopped buying packs since 4.0. The gambling rulles scared us out long ago. Who in the healthy mind will spend so much money for garbage? And most of what is dropping from cm packs is A REAL GARBAGE. So what we have? A huge, oversized price + garbage with an insignificant chance of getting something valuable = no thanks, bye packs.

I hear you, OP. However, the problem is not BWEA. The problem is the players who apparently throw their money at BWEA for the crates as they are. If it wouldn't work out for BWEA, they would change their system.

Only way to make them change something is by boycotting the current scheme. Alas, that hasn't happened yet and I don't think it will. Whales are whales.

Only way to make them change something is by boycotting the current scheme. Alas, that hasn't happened yet and I don't think it will. Whales are whales.

How can we be sure this is the case?

Look at restaurants, for example. When sales go down for any reason, most restaurants quickly increase the price of food, trying to make up for lost profits. This combines with whatever problem caused the lack of sales, driving sales and profits down even further. Which leads to another price hike and a reduction of quality. It's a nasty cycle. You'd think that restaurant managers would know better, as this is a common and well-documented mistake. You'd think they'd learn after trying two or three rounds of price hikes without success. Sadly, most of them just go out of business.

What if they're trying to increase prices to make up for lost profits due to reduced sales? What if they're in that same death spiral?