Video Proof of Hypergate pylon explosion death INSIDE bunker

Shirvington

This is definitely something that has to be fixed, but the primary reason that you died while inside the bunker is you never got the buff that protects you from the pylon explosion.

You were inside of the pylon the entirety of the explosion, which makes no sense as to why you never were given the buff to protect you from them (The buff that places the circle under your feet, sorta looks like a bunch of pixels.) I've never had this happen to me, and hopefully I won't ever see it.

You know, this happened to me once when I was on a Merc but I never really thought about it as I don't pvp much. I happened to be recording for a video I was doing so was able to capture it. Mostly adding this in to point out that it does not only happen to Sage/Sorcs.

Death happens about 42 seconds into the video and you can see in the death message in chat that I am defeated by "pylon detonation" even though I am very clearly in the middle of the arena where I should be safe.

Thanks for the report (and with video!) I am sending it over to the team.

-eric

A possible reason for this and other "enter zone" events not firing, (e.g. entering a seeker droid zone but not getting the droid activated) could be jumping over the boundary. Same for gap closers or operative roll.

Jumping syncs your position with the server, which is great for getting out of AOE, but I guess the server then discards older position info that was still in queue when the jump cut in. This may keep the "entered area" event from happening, you never get the safe-zone buff, the seeker droid doesn't activate, the cutscene doesn't start, etc.

Edited by Mubrak

I noticed something watching the video.

The barrier seemed to "blow" inwards into the bunker as the explosion happened.

Your sorc jumped then onto the inwards sloped gate barrier and thus went through it and was hit by the bast, still technically inside the bunker but actually outside the barrier

I noticed something watching the video.

The barrier seemed to "blow" inwards into the bunker as the explosion happened.

Your sorc jumped then onto the inwards sloped gate barrier and thus went through it and was hit by the bast, still technically inside the bunker but actually outside the barrier

That's a good observation. I noticed it as well. As one poster above said, though, my toon never got the buff that protects you from the blast. You can stand right in the entrance to the doorway and not take the blast as long as you have the buff that protects you.