How do I claim Cartel Items without binding them?

hansumlazurwolf

I was looking through my Cartel Stash for items I could maybe sell on the GTN. I claimed a few and it said they were bound. So I googled it and saw that there was supposedly a window of like 36 or 48 hours before it would unbind and thus be sellable. Ok, that's fine. But more than two days later, they're still bound to me. I never equipped them, got no warnings that something I was about to do would permanently bind them, nothing.

So what did I do wrong? How do I get items without immediately permanently binding them?

If you have cartel market items from the DvL event, they will be bound permanently as they were not meant to be traded. I was a bit confused by that once as well and contacted support because of it. (assuming this is your issue) Otherwise I don't know!

If you have cartel market items from the DvL event, they will be bound permanently as they were not meant to be traded. I was a bit confused by that once as well and contacted support because of it. (assuming this is your issue) Otherwise I don't know!

And finally they fixed the issue that you couldn't unlock a DvL item account-wide.

To the OP: if they are items from the CM and not from DvL, I would log a ticket, cause it shouldn't be like that.

Edit: did you check that there isn't a red lettered countdown on the item that shows how much time is left until the item unbinds after taking it?

Edited by Galahard

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.