In a few months, we'll all be playing Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2......

alaizon

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys slowly leveling and playing with friends I'm sure are getting your money's worth for now. The vast majority will play through a couple times and that'll be the end of the game for them.

So tell me how you're able to read the minds of this "vast majority?" Or is that you confusing your opinion for fact?

Epic.

Lol yeah dude if your suggesting WoW has 0 bots your out of your mind. Theres probably more bots then players right now.

Have you ever even played WoW captain? Obviously not because 10 minutes in trade chat and you'd KNOW there are bots. Hell How many people here remember them dropping bodies to form letters?

Captain your a troll if anything please ****.

IMHO, EA and BW are not in this for the long term. My view is that SWTOR was released to mitigate the loss of the $300m or whatever was pumped into the project, before other new MMOs take over as FOTM.

The MMO industry is a short term thing now. WoW lasted 7 years because it had a head start. Now, the release of MMO after MMO in waves means there will not be a juggernaut like WoW "to rule them all" for 7 years ever again. (in any case, most of the playerbase in WoW is botting anyways)

There is no need to wait 6 months to measure the success of SWTOR. By that time there will be Diablo 3 and GW2, and the same debate will start for those games.

Such is the state of the MMO industry.

First off, wrong. Just. Plain. Dead. Wrong.

The only real reason why a person would take this attitude towards mmo's because nothing has trumped WoW yet. And frankly, at this point I think the only thing that will kill WoW is WoW. Do not confuse mainstream popularity with longevity, there are tons of mmo's out there that have a solid player-base and are holding their own just fine. Tons of people ragged on SWG, but it still maintained a large, loyal player-base and in my personal opinion had probably the best community I've ever encountered in an mmo.

Secondly, Diablo 3 isn't an mmo, its a dungeon crawler with a multiplayer -OPTION-.

Thirdly, GW2 does not have a sub fee, but you still have to buy the game and it's expansions, so it isn't -entirely- F2P, but as was pointed out earlier there's nothing stopping people (outside of PC tech reasons) from playing all 3 games. And for all those saying GW2 isn't an mmo, please do your homework on the game before making misinformed statements, it isn't loaded with instances like before and it will likely be adding more original ideas to the mmo world than most any other game before it.

Honestly, its really kind of sad how the forum community here is no better than the Blizzard forums.

Warden catches anything that injects with the WoW.exe, that video is also incredibly old. Good attempt though.

I'll not post results here but try to search youtube with the keywords "cataclysm bot". I'll assure you, you won't be disappointed...

So tell me how you're able to read the minds of this "vast majority?" Or is that you confusing your opinion for fact?

It's pretty much fact. This is how it works on every other MMO. Endgame content is what keeps people around, this game has poor gameplay and broken content.

You guys defending this game, have a blast. I'm not looking to kill your buzz.

It's pretty much fact. This is how it works on every other MMO. Endgame content is what keeps people around, this game has poor gameplay and broken content.

You guys defending this game, have a blast. I'm not looking to kill your buzz.

More opinions being passed off as facts...

Glad I'm not alone in this... I can understand the reasoning for the system, it just doesn't feel right to me. I like getting loot - but as a supplement to my character and part of its progression rather than it being it's entire progression!

In before "MMOs aren't for you" comments, that's only partially true. End-game is definitely not for me :D

I love the end-game instances, and I play them enough to eventually get all my gear anyway, even though I'm after the fun to be had in them, rather than the upgrades that are available there. Every so often, I will get sick of literally zero new abilities/mechanics (max level before even hitting end-game means exactly that), and move back to lineage/eve for a month or two, to do PVP and actually have a character that advances with XP/skill points and by getting new skills, rather than with just gear.

This is IMO why people still play diablo2. There's literally infinite possibilities, what with the free stat point allocation and each class having 120 or so skill points available. This is also the reason I played ragnarok online for years, the leveling system was very similar (stat points and a skill point each level) along with the awesome top-down combat. Leveling up meant something, it wasn't just means to reach the end-game, it was a part of it.

Balancing such games is a nightmare though, which is why they don't make them anymore. You must account for every possible combination the players will find, identify the ones that are too good, and nerf them into line. Bad combinations usually aren't a problem, since they're made by stupidity. People choosing skills and stats with zero synergies deserve to have gimp characters. :p

Edited by Truga

Arguing about bots is kind of rubbish. I guarantee you that TOR will have just as many bots running around if it becomes profitable enough. Chinese Gold Selling sites are already selling Credits in TOR. Right now, the prices are kind of high, but give it a month or so and you'll be able to buy a million credits for $20 or less.

Not going to be playing either one of these. Not because SWTOR is the be all end all but because neither one of those appeals to me in the least.

I will play SWTOR as long as I have fun with it. I might try different games when they come and change ships if one of them is more fun to me. In the horizon I see World of Darkness MMO that seems interesting but I'm expecting it to come in 2014 or so...

Played Rift. Not bad but just did not enjoy myself enough to keep playing.

Played Wow. Lots of friends did too. Kind of could not get past the awful cartoonish graphics of it. Played a while. Did not enjoy the game too much.

DDO. I still like this one. I have played on and off since it launched.

Played SWG. Enjoyed it because of the RP and community but when NGE hit almost all I knew left and so did I. Questing and leveling was really boring in this sandbox.

AOC. Was fun for a while. Somehow managed not to get addicted.

Warhammer. Really liked the pvp in this game. Otherwise it was extremely boring.

Diablo is not an mmo... and gw2 well... its not an mmo either. So... What exactly are you trying to say?

By the way... dont speak on my behalf cause starwars has done something I trully appreciate: NO ELVES.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but every fantasy universe has elves.

In this universe, they just happen to be called Twi'leks :p

I'll not post results here but try to search youtube with the keywords "cataclysm bot". I'll assure you, you won't be disappointed...

Again, Warden gets anything that injects into the WoW.exe. Anything that's emulating keyboard and mouse input isn't really centric to Warcraft, because you could use that on this game as well. It's not even an issue in the game any longer.

What Blizzard does do very well is banning based on usage and people reporting incidents. So, practically there are no bots. If you're talking about the occasional gold spammers that make trial accounts, that's also not really botting. Also, look forward to the same thing when TOR allows trial accounts.

Again, Warden gets anything that injects into the WoW.exe. Anything that's emulating keyboard and mouse input isn't really centric to Warcraft, because you could use that on this game as well. It's not even an issue in the game any longer.

What Blizzard does do very well is banning based on usage and people reporting incidents. So, practically there are no bots. If you're talking about the occasional gold spammers that make trial accounts, that's also not really botting. Also, look forward to the same thing when TOR allows trial accounts.

sorry offtopic, but I am very surprised you persist in the view there are no bots in WoW...

This I do not argue against. Blizzard is doing great job of getting rid of the bots ASAP.

I just wanted to point out that you made a mistake by saying there no bots in WoW. There are bots but they are taken care of very well.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but every fantasy universe has elves.

In this universe, they just happen to be called Twi'leks :p

You take that back. Twi'leks are nothing like elves. Elves are all about rainbows, treehugging, and carebears. Twi'leks are all about pole dancing, piracy, smuggling, epic bad *** female jedis, and lekku.

This I do not argue against. Blizzard is doing great job of getting rid of the bots ASAP.

I just wanted to point out that you made a mistake by saying there no bots in WoW. There are bots but they are taken care of very well.

That's why I said there are no bots. It's a non-issue. They don't impact players except for the gold spam, and that's not really botting.